List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Even as a Fremantle supporter I can happily say that I am glad someone made a huge offer for that kid. He is such a jet and I think you guys are in with a big chance to get him. Unless Heeney is prepared to take 500k less at Sydney then I don't think he could say no to a million a year contract, Goodluck with it.

Last edited:

Only question is - what would we have to give up for him and would it be worth giving up our future, especially as we're in the midst of a reset/rebuild (whatever you wanna call it)?

Only question is - what would we have to give up for him and would it be worth giving up our future, especially as we're in the midst of a reset/rebuild (whatever you wanna call it)?
We were prepared to chuck in the brother of one of their key players, as well as a former first rounder with an elite left foot. Can't believe it didn't happen.

Would be soooo sweet if the Swans lost a young gun and a local one at that due to Buddy and Tippett contracts and no COLA. haha.

Jeez that's crazy. No complaints on my behalf if it comes off but would be very surprised if he leaves the Swans.
One hundred percent. He's from Cardiff and I'm sure Sydney will work something out to lock him away during the year. However Kelly is a free agent next year and he'd be much easier to lure you'd think because of his dad playing at the club. Hopefully we try our luck with him too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And people were whinging over the trade period that north weren't doing anything haha. That's your big fish that was mentioned by a few of us on here. Well done lads.
It's funny, cause we were in the ears of at least 2 others as well.

We were very active during trade period.

One hundred percent. He's from Cardiff and I'm sure Sydney will work something out to lock him away during the year. However Kelly is a free agent next year and he'd be much easier to lure you'd think because of his dad playing at the club. Hopefully we try our luck with him too.
As with Heeney, we have spoken with Josh.

Even as a Fremantle supporter I can happily say that I am glad someone made a huge offer for that kid. He is such a jet and I think you guys are in with a big chance to get him. Unless Heeney is prepared to take 500k less at Sydney then I don't think he could say no to a million a year contract, Goodluck with it.

That's what I was thinking.... so the decider will be if Heeney wants to stay in Sydney and take less money or move to Melbourne and make nearly twice as much. I guess the success factor will come into it, I'd rather be going deep into finals and possibly creating a dynasty for 500-650k then play for Norf for 1 mil. Lol
Hmmmm.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back