2016 - Year of Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not convinced it'll definitely be next year but when he does he will be frighteningly good.

Whenever he gets an extended crack he has influential games. He's just so slight. His marking, lateral movement, spatial awareness, disposal, tackling and goal sense are all great to elite. He just needs to be more durable and fitter.

Justin Cordy could be the making of Jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suns screwed up big time taking him over Hogan.

Not really. Would have lost Hogan to a WA side fairly quickly given we already have Lynch, Day and now Peter Wright. Also lost Dixon.

I rate young Jack very highly. I'm just worried he looks like one of those guys that will never put any bulk on, which doesn't go well nowadays.

Maybe he can be the next Kenny Hunter. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. Would have lost Hogan to a WA side fairly quickly given we already have Lynch, Day and now Peter Wright. Also lost Dixon.

And how long before you lose Martin to a WA side at this rate? No matter which way you slice it right now, your list would look a lot better with Hogan on it than Martin.

The Suns deal for Martin got completed first, but from memory, Melbourne paid more for Hogan I think.

I don't think it was actually a case of them choosing Martin over Hogan on ability as such.

The Suns did a deal for pick 1 in the mini-draft so they could've chose any of the nominating players if they wanted to - Martin, Hogan, or even Josh Kelly. So they did choose Martin over Hogan. Melbourne did a deal for the second pick and took Hogan. Melbourne probably did give up a little more for pick 2 than Gold Coast did for pick 1, but it mostly only looks that way because Dom Barry didn't work out.

No way you would have drafted Peter Wright if you had Hogan.

Your forward line could of been Lynch CHF and Hogan FF. Dixon would of been out of the side and Day would be at CHB.

Dont underestimate Hogan.

To say he hasn't shown a single thing at AFL level is unfair. Watch these two videos and you'll see he has the potential to be special:
Well, that was underwhelming!

Jimmy Toumpas could put together a comparable highlight package from his first 20 odd games. Legends like Jordan Gysberts and Richard Tambling could put together even better packages.

Now I'm not saying Jack Martin is a turd but on the evidence presented so far I'd say he's likely to be a turd.

Happy to be proven wrong, but at the moment he looks and plays like Aaron Davey... but he's been talked up like he's Lance Franklin.

Nah mate.

Jack has a heap of talent but for various reasons it has not clicked for him just yet.

Has teased us with glimpses thus far and hopefully we see more of it in 2016 and beyond as he is a very exciting talent when up and about.

I don't see him exploding onto the scene in 2016 but a clean bill of health and some consistency over the next few years could see him rise the ranks fairly quickly.

No way you would have drafted Peter Wright if you had Hogan.

Your forward line could of been Lynch CHF and Hogan FF. Dixon would of been out of the side and Day would be at CHB.

Dont underestimate Hogan.

Understand that. Like what your saying is true in that we'd be better off with Hogan right now. Although my qualm is that you quite simply can't fit two key forwards who are that good in a salary cap. It's just not sustainable.

Anyways, I'm biased towards Martin having closely followed his junior career (same with Hogan to a degree). I just think a lot of you are seriously underestimating his talent. When he plays more than 10-15 games in a row it will become clear. I couldn't be more sure of it.

The kids played 2 injury plagued seasons, has been exceptionally inconsistent but has had some freakish moments.

You can tell from his body type he was going to struggle adjusting playing at an afl level and it would take him some time. It also doesn't help he was playing half forward in a side with the ball being desperately hacked into the forward line last year.

Let's all just relax!

Understand that. Like what your saying is true in that we'd be better off with Hogan right now. Although my qualm is that you quite simply can't fit two key forwards who are that good in a salary cap. It's just not sustainable.

Anyways, I'm biased towards Martin having closely followed his junior career (same with Hogan to a degree). I just think a lot of you are seriously underestimating his talent. When he plays more than 10-15 games in a row it will become clear. I couldn't be more sure of it.

Martin will be a gun no question. May take a little bit longer due to his size but his x factor attributes are there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back