Resource 2017 AFL and AFLW Crowds and Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
already past according to the AFL

I think they're counting those through the gate in Geelong already.

We were on 6,364,857 at the end of the last round and have so far had:

which gives us a total of 6,518,551.

Sydney end up on 794,909. This is an all time record for the Swans, beating the previous high of 772,705 from 2007. The Swans are the second team this year (after Melbourne) to register an all time record. It's an increase of nearly 100k on last year's total. Awesome stuff from Swans fans.

Carlton end up on 873,618. This is their 9th biggest total and the highest since 2013. Thanks to a big last round crowd at the SCG they've overtaken Hawthorn for 4th spot this year. This means it is the first time since 2013 that the 'Big 4' have actually been the big 4 for the year.

Carlton have recorded an increase of about 90k on last year.

I think they're counting those through the gate in Geelong already.

We were on 6,364,857 at the end of the last round and have so far had:

which gives us a total of 6,518,551.
Not according to their press release

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-26/afl-breaks-homeandaway-season-attendance-record

THE AFL has broken its attendance record for a home and away season with five matches to play.

A total of 6,531,024 people went to an AFL game before Saturday night's matches had been played.

Sydney end up on 794,909. This is an all time record for the Swans, beating the previous high of 772,705 from 2007. The Swans are the second team this year (after Melbourne) to register an all time record. It's an increase of nearly 100k on last year's total. Awesome stuff from Swans fans.

Carlton end up on 873,618. This is their 9th biggest total and the highest since 2013. Thanks to a big last round crowd at the SCG they've overtaken Hawthorn for 4th spot this year. This means it is the first time since 2013 that the 'Big 4' have actually been the big 4 for the year.

Carlton have recorded an increase of about 90k on last year.
In a year where Sydney NRL crowds have been all going backwards, this is a magnificent result.

dave the only reason the G is showing the fight is tiges V sainst start at 3.20pm and the fight starts at 2pm, bang in the middle of the ess v freo game that has been explained as the reason and fair enough too. I hardly think its going to impact ur game maybe a little but watching the bombers win and make finals for what they have been through last 4 years will be the underlying factor for bomber fans to turn up!
Fair enough re the start time but it's a pity for the fans that want to see both and can't...

With a pretty ordinary forecast tomorrow before lunch with showers and only 12c, it's hard to see the crowd going past 35,000 given the Dockers won't bring any crowd this time. This match has lost it's lustre with poor weather forecast, a likely one sided contest and great interest in this fight.. 30,000 at Ethihad is usually a good crowd Vs the Dockers at Ethibad so 35,000 would mean a farewell factor ensures a good crowd for the last round.

Strong crowd at the G today. Gee the Dees can disappoint their fans at times.

Geelong V Western Sydney 30,087
Port Power V Gold Coast 34,288
I know the Suns don't draw well but that's a little disappointing for Port I'd think. Perfect weather and a chance to see their team win by plenty should of meant atleast 40k through the gate

I know the Suns don't draw well but that's a little disappointing for Port I'd think. Perfect weather and a chance to see their team win by plenty should of meant atleast 40k through the gate
Crowd against Gold Coast was great especially when you look at other teams and what they pull. However the fact that port couldn't get 40k plus against clubs like Collingwood, Richmond, Hawthorn and that there attendances are worst than last year is big issue considering they will finish 4th or 5th this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong end up on 791,228. This is their 6th highest total and it's an increase of over 40k from last year. They should finish in 9th spot this year.

GWS end up on 431,975. They are the third team so far this year to set a record total, beating last year's 403,207.

Port end up on 699,377. This is their 3rd highest total and is an increase of 5k from last year.

GC end up on 369,482. This is their 2nd lowest total but is an increase of around 18k from last year.

dave the only reason the G is showing the fight is tiges V sainst start at 3.20pm and the fight starts at 2pm, bang in the middle of the ess v freo game that has been explained as the reason and fair enough too. I hardly think its going to impact ur game maybe a little but watching the bombers win and make finals for what they have been through last 4 years will be the underlying factor for bomber fans to turn up!
Why can't Etihad show the fight in the bars/cafes like the G is doing? I remember in 2015 the Dees played at the G and the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight was on during the match. They put it on TV in all the bars, lots of people went inside to watch and then came back to their seats around three quarter time when the fight finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back