News 2017 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

How come we have double ups against top 4 teams ? dogs and giants
I thought your double up games came from your 1/3 of the final ladder position ?

Our biggest losses last year now favour us.

Hawks at the G. Now Mitchell plays for us.
Sydney SCG. Moved to Subi.
Geelong in Geelong. Subi where we beat them last time there.
Pies at Etihad and not the G.

Only other loss that was puke was against Adelaide in Perth but we now have an opportunity to rectify that going into the finals.

16 wins maybe 17. Good stuff.

How come we have double ups against top 4 teams ? dogs and giants
I thought your double up games came from your 1/3 of the final ladder position ?
We get either 1 or 2 top 6 teams. 2 or 3 middle 6 teams. 1 or 2 bottom 6 teams.
As we finished on the cusp of the top 6 then it only makes sense to have the harder draw from our group imo.

Our biggest losses last year now favour us.

Hawks at the G. Now Mitchell plays for us.
Sydney SCG. Moved to Subi.
Geelong in Geelong. Subi where we beat them last time there.
Pies at Etihad and not the G.

Only other loss that was puke was against Adelaide in Perth but we now have an opportunity to rectify that going into the finals.

16 wins maybe 17. Good stuff.
Bloody ridiculous that we even have to factor Collingwood into this discussion

Draw looks hard but I haven't had a good look at it yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about having tough teams at home. I think I'd rather it the other way around.
Easy teams at home and tough teams away. Because that way we smash those easy teams gaining percentage and if we manage to win a few away tough games we climb up the ladder like what happen in 2015.

Easy teams at home, tough away = middle of ladder finish, no matter how good we actually are.

Tough teams at home, easy away = top 4 if we are good, bottom 4 if we are bad.

Whooohoooo....just received an email alert from the Eagles advising the fixture has been released. I'll wait until you guys get a chance to review the release and look forward to discussing the positives/negatives!

(proves the eagles are the masters of communicating with the fans. We will probably find out Mitch Brown was delisted before the trade period in due course).

1 North Melbourne (ES), Sun Afternoon
2 St Kilda (DS) Sat Afternoon
3 Richmond (MCG) Sat Afternoon
4 Sydney (DS) Thu Night
5 Hawthorn (MCG) Sun Twilight
6 Fremantle (DS) Sat Night
7 Port Adelaide (AO) Sat Twilight
8 Western Bulldogs (DS) Fri Night
9 Essendon (ES) Sun Afternoon
10 GWS (DS) Sun Twilight
11 Gold Coast (MS) Sat Afternoon
12 Bye
13 Geelong (DS) Thu Night
14 Melbourne (DS) Sat Night

15 Western Bulldogs (ES) Sat Afternoon
16 Port Adelaide (DS) Sun Twilight
17 Fremantle (DS) Sun Twilight
18 Collingwood (ES) Sun Twilight
19 Brisbane (DS) Sun Twilight
20 St Kilda (ES) Sun Afternoon
21 Carlton (DS) Sat Night
22 GWS (SS) Sat Twilight
23 Adelaide (DS) TBA

Decent fixture overall. Rounds 4-10 is the most important stretch and could set us up for a real shot at top 4. The 2nd half of the year looks like we should get on a good roll before playing GWS away (NN comeback game? :rainbow:).

Home games look good with way less Sunday Twilight games than other years. Don't like Rounds 16-20 with 5 consecutive Sunday games :mad:
Also not a fan of the Thursday games, especially the 5 day break off travel. If Nissy signed us up for it I assume we'll get some favours down the line.
Really looking forward to the Dogs here on a Friday night tho.

If we can at least split the 4 games against GWS/Dogs we should be up there contending. The other double ups are good imo.

My prediction is we will be 22-0 and coast our way to the flag :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back