Competitions 2017 Goal-kicking knockout comp (BlueGum wins part 1. Part 2 still going, feel free to join)

Remove this Banner Ad

EDIT: TO THOSE THAT HAVEN'T JOINED OR HAVE BEEN KICKED OUT ALREADY, FEEL FREE TO SUBMIT TIPS MOVING FORWARD. THERE IS A SEASON-LONG COMP THAT COUNTS FROM ROUNDS 3-23!

Hey All, I had fun doing this comp last year.

Thought it might be good to run again, maybe start round 3.

Like this post if you're keen, so I can gauge interest (also so I can get free likes).

EDIT: Click here for 2016 version.

Last edited:
Aim:

Try and pick one player each week to kick a goal

Rules:

• You pick one player each week to kick a goal
    • Your player kicks at least one goal that week, you stay in the comp
    • Your player doesn't kick a goal, you're out
  • You can only choose each player once over the season
  • If your player kicks the first goal of the match, you earn an immunity card
    • You can nominate before a match that you want to play your immunity card
      • You make it through to the next round, regardless of whether your player kicked a goal
      • Your player is used up (even if he kicks a goal)
  • If your player does not play, you are allocated the lowest-numbered player who is playing that you haven't used up yet (ie SOS #1, Murph #3, Gibbs #4)
Winners:
  • Main game (Longest-lasting): The poster that lasts the most weeks (from the start) is the winner
    • If there are multiple winners, there is a tie-break.
      • All equal-winners are re-instated until a sole poster survives
  • Consolation prize (Most tips): These comps often don't last very long. So as a secondary comp, there will be a winner for the poster with the most 'correct weeks' through the season.
    • In this comp, you have unlimited lives. If you get knocked out one week, you just dust yourself off and keep on going. We all keep tipping all season. So it keeps it interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The least worst of us.

Forgot about that one.

You know what, Jab....

I went 5/5 plus had an immunity card up my sleeve. No one else picked more than 3 weeks correctly.

Admittedly the sixth week I forgot to top and got lucky. But even if I'd tipped and missed, I still would have won by virtue of spare immunity.

nekminnit ferrisb goes out in first round of 2017 (aka 'doing a Jabba' :p)

Last edited:
OK peeps, getting in early to give you plenty of notice.

Obviously you can wait until the teams are named, but you can also put in your tips early.

Tips can be changed/entered right up until the opening bounce (I reserve the right to impose restrictions on this if it proves too difficult to administer).

Paging all tipsters....

Carl Tone Marc Shmurf 3 lzimmer Raging Blue I bleed Blue Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods DavidTeague2005 TD2010 HalloweenJack lukep_86 Bluella SkyhorseTamer SBYM BlueGum Jabba73 Squida25 Bluesque Cripps17 katmanblue Just Kreuzing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back