Competitions 2023 Carlton Goal Kicking K/O Competition - R12, the Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Carlton board goal kicking knock out competition is back for 2023!

Aim:

Try and pick one Carlton player each week to kick a goal

Rules:
  • You nominate one player each week to kick a goal
  • If your player kicks at least one goal that week, you stay in the comp
  • If your player doesn't kick a goal, you're out
  • You can only choose each player once over the season
  • You have the start of each game to provide your tip. You can amend your tip any time up to the start of each game. All entries will be recorded to ensure everyone is playing by the rules.
  • If your player kicks the first goal of the match, you earn an immunity card. This automatically protects you from your next wrong pick (diff to previous years). You can earn multiple immunity cards over the season (and can theoretically accumulate more than one).
If your player does not play, you are allocated the lowest-numbered player (jersey number) who is playing that you haven't used up yet

Register at any time in this thread.

Last edited:
With both finalists tipping incorrectly, we have a few options

1) Both are crowned winners (or lesser losers, if you will)

2) We go again next week and every subsequent week until we have a game where only 1 poster tips correctly

I suspect most people on here wouldn’t want to watch Arr0w and I
pick non-forwards week after week hoping someone in our team outside of Charlie, Harry and Owies kicks a goal

I am happy to share “Lesser Loser” status and split the massive first prize

Is the Lesser Loser badge just for bigfooty display or can I wear it to the footy?

Option 1, get everyone back into a new competition
Just a thought, maybe one last roll of the dice for yourself and HyphensBack .

With all of the remaining players you haven't previously selected, you have a 'draft'. For example, Hyphen has pick 1, you have picks 2 and 3, Hyphen has pick 4, then alternate until you're both out of selections.

The first player who kicks a goal from either list is then pronounced the winner. If none of the nominated players kick a goal, just have a 2 winners and start a new competition.

Thoughts Jeremias

Just a thought, maybe one last roll of the dice for yourself and HyphensBack .

With all of the remaining players you haven't previously selected, you have a 'draft'. For example, Hyphen has pick 1, you have picks 2 and 3, Hyphen has pick 4, then alternate until you're both out of selections.

The first player who kicks a goal from either list is then pronounced the winner. If none of the nominated players kick a goal, just have a 2 winners and start a new competition.

Thoughts Jeremias

I think we should aim for one winner.

I like my suggestion of a fight to the death but this is also good I suppose.

The other slight amendment we could make is Arr0w and HyphensBack each draft X players and whichever group kicks more goals against Sydney this weekend is crowned the winner.

Then next week we start again - and the winner can be given an advantage in the next iteration of the competition.

I think we should aim for one winner.

I like my suggestion of a fight to the death but this is also good I suppose.

The other slight amendment we could make is Arr0w and HyphensBack each draft X players and whichever group kicks more goals against Sydney this weekend is crowned the winner.

Then next week we start again - and the winner can be given an advantage in the next iteration of the competition.

A live draft? Intriguing

Is the sub included? Example, if I draft Cottrell and he is subbed out for Hollands, do I get the goals from both players?

A live draft? Intriguing

Is the sub included? Example, if I draft Cottrell and he is subbed out for Hollands, do I get the goals from both players?

If you draft both, sure.

But reckon we limit the draft to say, 5 players each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HyphensBack
Arr0w

Welcome to the Grand Final.

We will conduct a player draft (3 players each) and the winner will be determined by whichever group kicks more goals against Melbourne on Friday night.

If that number is equal, you both win.

To determine who picks first, I have tallied up the number of goals your (different) selected players have kicked in each game.

HyphensBack - 10
Arr0w - 14

Arr0w kick us off, please, with your first pick.

HyphensBack
Arr0w

Welcome to the Grand Final.

We will conduct a player draft (3 players each) and the winner will be determined by whichever group kicks more goals against Melbourne on Friday night.

If that number is equal, you both win.

To determine who picks first, I have tallied up the number of goals your (different) selected players have kicked in each game.

HyphensBack - 10
Arr0w - 14

Arr0w kick us off, please, with your first pick.

Charlie Curnow

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I reckon Charlie should be exempt from the draft.

Realistically, it's too big of an advantage given how shizen the rest of the team has been kicking goals.

Just my two cents - Jeremias running the comp and should make the call.

Figure we should be consistent with the intent of the comp and pick players we haven’t chosen before - plus I got no chance if Charlie is chosen

Challenge is the ones left are not goal kickers
Maybe we need to pick 8 players each to put everyone else out of their misery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back