2017 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that this is the best NEAFL effort we have put together in three years. Playing with real authority and with a clear plan. We actually look impressive much of the time.

Big O looks like a true Ruck/Forward.

Great pick up, and could be a really top line player in a year or two.

Eagles is doing surprisingly well in the ruck.
I see what all the hype is about with the big O, he is playing well and is huge.
Freemans 2nd good game in a row.

Going forward our ruck stocks aill be good. When Marti retires, Smith ca be the pure ruckman and Oscar can b the ruck/forward (or Ballenden actually).
Witherden looks really good, as does Lyons.
So good to see Skiner back but l get nervous every time he falls

He doesn't seem remotely worried about moving or leaping at the contest which suggest he's confident with his body. Good signs. Looks good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And so it should. Those middle tier players should be made to really force their way back in. Sounds kind of unfair to hold players to different standards, but in reality your Bells, Bewicks and Banstinacs should perform better than most 1-3 year players. You can cut them some slack, but senior players should know better. Have to demand more.

Trying to keep a lid on it but the glimpses I have seen of Skinner are exciting.

Moving with confidence.

Yup, didn't see all the game, but just seeing him get the ball a few times was exciting. Seems to sum up what is happening around him in a split second and pick the right options. Seems to have a footy brain.

Trying to keep a lid on it but the glimpses I have seen of Skinner are exciting.

Moving with confidence.

Yep, and not just straight lines. Jumping, stopping, propping and evading, which can be challenges coming back from an ACL. Well done to the lad, and to the medical team, on his rehab so far.

Only saw the last 20 mins but see that Harwood kicked 6. Any chance he could play forward in the seniors? Certainly would bring some pressure and not the slowest going around. Just think we may need to give him a chance rather than just write him off as a failed small defender.

Decent win by the Magoos. Gee the big O was fantastic. Some of the marks he and Eagles (!!!) took were really impressive. Eagles' defensive pressure was near manic at times too.

Hard not to get excited about Skinner. He looked quick and decisive which surprised me considering his layoff.

Witherden looks more and more like Goddard each time I watch him. If I were Fagan i'd be giving him a game soon so he can see the defensive/contested level he needs to get to.

I hope Coxy was just holding back because of the game tomorrow. He looked a fair bit off the pace even though he played almost entirely in the middle.

I actually think Bell has been alright today. 7 tackles, and hasn't been shy about getting in after the ball. If he can build on this and show consistency over a month of so in the 2s, then maybe he could be looked at again. Big if, of course.
Bell lets the ground ball get behind him too much for my liking. His first instinct is to always kick too. If he could use hands better when under pressure, and keep the ball in front he'd be a much more predictable player. At the moment I can't imagine his team mates having any clue where his disposals are going to go most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back