Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No annoying as Brissy is just passing on an article and you jump on him and accuse him of something simply not true. Gets a bit tiresome

Just asked for the correct attribution .

As it turns out it's a wholly unreliable piece by an anonymous author.

Tiresome would be repeating the same point in 15 different ways 30 times a day.

Play the kids ... don't play the kids .... play the kids in blocks ....

Who gives a flying toss how its done the last 20 years have been crap or artificially propped up ....

Kids have to play period ... they need to be rested at some stage ....

The kids are our future ...

Am I pissed off about the port game hell yes! Did I expect it ... sorta ... (was thinking 60 points if they were "on"). Are there more of these results to come .... HELL YES with a youth policy ...... do I care (I am hurt but happy atm).

GO BLUES.... GO BOLTS ..... Please 5 outta these kids become 150+ gamers for the mighty CFC.

You're changing the goalposts a bit. This is the first time I've seen you mention playing them in blocks and rotating.

Mentioned it lots of times. You seem to read what suits. Still don't get your point?

Never said play all the kids at once or not play senior players. It's about balance but important we play the kids at every opportunity and get games into them.

SPS & Macreadie will be rested this week. No problem. They will probably come in next week and another 1 or 2 will rest. In amongst that maybe another 1 or 2 debutants over the next 4-6 rounds. Perfect

I repeat "10-15 GAMES" this year into most of the kids will be a great year. That is NOT every game and it is not playing only the kids

Last edited:
Play the kids ... don't play the kids .... play the kids in blocks ....

Who gives a flying toss how its done the last 20 years have been crap or artificially propped up ....

Kids have to play period ... they need to be rested at some stage ....

The kids are our future ...

Am I pissed off about the port game hell yes! Did I expect it ... sorta ... (was thinking 60 points if they were "on"). Are there more of these results to come .... HELL YES with a youth policy ...... do I care (I am hurt but happy atm).

GO BLUES.... GO BOLTS ..... Please 5 outta these kids become 150+ gamers for the mighty CFC.

Exactly

Mentioned it lots of times. You seem to read what suits. Still don't get your point?

Never said play all the kids at once or not play senior players. It's about balance but important we play the kids at every opportunity and get games into them.

SPS & Macreadie will be rested this week. No problem. They will probably come in next week and another 1 or 2 will rest. In amongst that maybe another 1 or 2 debutants over the next 4-6 rounds. Perfect

I repeat "10-15 GAMES" this year into most of the kids will be a great year. That is NOT every game

I've never seen it personally. I'm not saying that's not your opinion, but I haven't seen it firsthand.

You go on about Sam Rowe like a broken record, but he continues playing his role exceptionally. He goes out, we lose experience and we suffer for it. I've never had an issue with replacing guys like Thomas and Armfield, as I think they detract from the team, but it's boring listening to you harp on this bloke when he's consistently good. The last bloke you'd want to be is a guy with limited talent playing full-back in a bottom team, but he keeps backing up and has become even more reliable for us.

I've never seen it personally. I'm not saying that's not your opinion, but I haven't seen it firsthand.

You go on about Sam Rowe like a broken record, but he continues playing his role exceptionally. He goes out, we lose experience and we suffer for it. I've never had an issue with replacing guys like Thomas and Armfield, as I think they detract from the team, but it's boring listening to you harp on this bloke when he's consistently good. The last bloke you'd want to be is a guy with limited talent playing full-back in a bottom team, but he keeps backing up and has become even more reliable for us.

Seriously where have I criticised Rowe??? I haven't asked for him to be dropped. I'm a fan.

You're seriously making stuff up

What is your point

I never wanted him dropped??? He's doing a great job

You're just making stuff up

Didn't see you advocating putting him forward, my apologies.

Doesn't change my stance re his importance in defence and the positive qualities he currently brings to this team.

Didn't see you advocating putting him forward, my apologies.

Doesn't change my stance re his importance in defence and the positive qualities he currently brings to this team.

Wow three pages of you criticising me of something you now realise wasn't true

My comment for Rowe going forward was to build our next great defence. Just want to see Weitering in defence growing with Marchbank Plowman Williamson Macreadie Byrne Docherty. Developing as a group is underrated

No issue with Rowe as a defender but can't fit them all in and as a mature body he can handle going forward. His versatility helps as well and he can go back when needed. He can even drop back fill a hole as a big body when we are struggling

As I said it's not all about wins it's about development and i see that defence as our first step

Wow three pages of you criticising me of something you now realise wasn't true

My comment for Rowe going forward was to build our next great defence. Just want to see Weitering in defence growing with Marchbank Plowman Williamson Macreadie Byrne Docherty. Developing as a group is underrated

No issue with Rowe as a defender but can't fit them all in and as a mature body he can handle going forward. His versatility helps as well

As I said it's not all about wins it's about development and i see that defence as our first step

That's all contingent on developing Weitering in defence. I'd much prefer he became an elite forward, with Marchbank, Macreadie and Plowman as the tall defenders. Weitering back leaves us far too tall.

Not sure what putting Rowe forward would achieve as we've got enough young targets to work with. Unfortunately their development is going to correspond with an overall improvement in our midfield, and in particular our ball movement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone see that pass Nick Graham did to Kerr last weekend?
That was Sam Mitchell level. Unbelievable.
How do we get Graham to that next level consistently?
at AFL level we can't.

his disposal is good, he has a knack for finding the footy and he usually makes the right decision with ball in hand.

but he's not a natural footballer. he's not instinctive like a zac fisher for example, everything graham does requires half a second of thought before he does it which makes him too slow to be effective at AFL level. and it's not something that can be fixed either, so at this point he is what he is that's depth.

Have you read the last few pages? We wouldn't have to keep repeating things if people didn't keep misquoting or twisting what is said.

It's nice when we have a simple logical discussion which fortunately we can with most posters
Nah.

You do it repeatedly, mistaking posting incessantly and thinking its a substitute for insight.

eventually people just stop replying but you take it as a successful argument .

That's the safe option for him.

I'd prefer he went elsewhere and chased some success.
You hear alot of players who say that playing for one club means alot to them. Plus who knows if the club he goes to has the ultimate success anyway.

Easy to get sucked into thinking Graham will be effective watching him at VFL level. He's played there for quite a few years and is now one of the better VFL mids while having the benefit of AFL-level development.

He'll get an opportunity this year, but he'll never be AFL standard.

Anyone wondering what McKay can become watch what Daniher did today. Very similar type players and I reckon McKay could be better and is a much better kick for goal
Watching 360 now and was thinking the same thing.

You hear alot of players who say that playing for one club means alot to them. Plus who knows if the club he goes to has the ultimate success anyway.

Go to a club with a 1-in-4 chance vs stay at your current club and endure another year of mainly losses.

Easy decision; and you're a long time retired.

Be honest...

3 secs after this post you were doing this, yeah?

View attachment 362919

1) what was I doing for the other two seconds?

2) Makes a change from my usual content, which is strictly 'burn after reading'...

Easy to get sucked into thinking Graham will be effective watching him at VFL level. He's played there for quite a few years and is now one of the better VFL mids while having the benefit of AFL-level development.

He'll get an opportunity this year, but he'll never be AFL standard.

Yeah, he's probably our injury fall back for 2017 and that will be it.

Rowey is so underated for some ..works his butt off week in week out ..

That's all contingent on developing Weitering in defence. I'd much prefer he became an elite forward, with Marchbank, Macreadie and Plowman as the tall defenders. Weitering back leaves us far too tall.

Not sure what putting Rowe forward would achieve as we've got enough young targets to work with. Unfortunately their development is going to correspond with an overall improvement in our midfield, and in particular our ball movement.

Weitering back is too tall but you want Rowe there instead?

I just want Weitering to settle in defence for a while. 19 years old and 25 games. He is a kid, do we forget that? Playing forward in our side at the moment will kill him. It's why we don't bring in McKay. Give him another season in defence and let him develop and when he is ready try him as a swingman or even as a forward.

My concern is we will damage one heck of a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back