2017 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

this sounds exactly like a song that already has been made, but what song is it? it's driving me nuts.
It sounds like a Verve b-side with a Carlos D bass line; or a Bloc Party song you put up with, with some Phil Collins sounds and some wannabe early Radiohead. Nice production but who needs this ******* s**t in 2017? Definitely sounds like someone. They were always one of the more derivative bands of that era.

It sounds like a Verve b-side with a Carlos D bass line; or a Bloc Party song you put up with, with some Phil Collins sounds and some wannabe early Radiohead. Nice production but who needs this ******* s**t in 2017? Definitely sounds like someone. They were always one of the more derivative bands of that era.

what are you joking or what???

some people love shoegaze and indie rock music no matter which year it is...

so just because dubstep is a new genre i should listen to whatever is popular in 2017 even if i don't really enjoy it at all and even if i can rationalise my own judgement on music in an educated manner from listening to a lot of music over the years...

just no...

i'd like to say to you, just because something is new and innovative doesn't mean that a good song lays behind it at all, a criticism i have of a lot of modern day music and crossover genres, yeah the production sounds cool and new, but the song, often, meh...not memorable...

something to remember when going down the argument of new and old sounding styles and music...

It's just unremarkable music and unlike other acts on revival, how often do people say 'oh wish we'd get a new Ride album' or 'man, I wish I saw Ride live...'

New Actress is A+

What does everyone think of the new Beach Fossils song? I found This Year to be kind of boring, but I'm really liking this:

I love Beach Fossils. I had tickets to see them at the Corner the night Freo played the Swans in a prelim. Obviously I ended up parked at a pub in Fitzroy and deciding to go out instead of listening to them (that ended up being one of the nights of my life). Would really like to see them one day but it won't break anything if it doesn't happen... cool band anyway, think Somersault will be interesting because it's going back to a spacier, more relaxed sound, but the strings are really nice and add something.

This Year is seriously beautiful; love it.

This new one took a bit to grow but I really like it now. Just a punchy, unique sound. Video is a bit Blood Orange but who cares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Beach Fossils. I had tickets to see them at the Corner the night Freo played the Swans in a prelim. Obviously I ended up parked at a pub in Fitzroy and deciding to go out instead of listening to them (that ended up being one of the nights of my life). Would really like to see them one day but it won't break anything if it doesn't happen... cool band anyway, think Somersault will be interesting because it's going back to a spacier, more relaxed sound, but the strings are really nice and add something.

This Year is seriously beautiful; love it.

This new one took a bit to grow but I really like it now. Just a punchy, unique sound. Video is a bit Blood Orange but who cares.

I might have to return to This Year. I didn't really like Stained Glass by Real Estate until I heard that on the album, and now I'm a big fan.

Yeah, I really enjoy Beach Fossils. I struggled to get into them for a while, until I stumbled upon this music video that David Dean Burkhart (excellent YouTube channel) made, and they just clicked:

Honestly enjoy all their records, though I am a sucker for that sound, and also enjoy all of Real Estate's records. I guess it's a hard sound to not enjoy.

I might have to return to This Year. I didn't really like Stained Glass by Real Estate until I heard that on the album, and now I'm a big fan.

Yeah, I really enjoy Beach Fossils. I struggled to get into them for a while, until I stumbled upon this music video that David Dean Burkhart (excellent YouTube channel) made, and they just clicked:

Honestly enjoy all their records, though I am a sucker for that sound, and also enjoy all of Real Estate's records. I guess it's a hard sound to not enjoy.

It's just unremarkable music and unlike other acts on revival, how often do people say 'oh wish we'd get a new Ride album' or 'man, I wish I saw Ride live...'

I say that.

this sounds exactly like a song that already has been made, but what song is it? it's driving me nuts.

It sounds like shoegaze. Its a limited genre but it's a genre I adore. This just makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Slave Ambient is an excellent album, Lost In The Dream is one of my favourite albums ever, and this new track from The War On Drugs is beautiful.

Not much of a change to the sound they had on Lost In The Dream, maybe a bit more ambiance. Not complaining though, this song is amazing.

Never really got how people dug Plastic Beach – do not like it one bit. On Melancholy Hill is beautiful and typical Albarn but the rest is flat as an album with no real centred point, but the songs on their own are just uninspiring.

The debut is a really good album and overlooked these days. Demon Days is a classic obviously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back