2017 NMFC Membership Tally/Discussion | Final tally 40,441

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried to call the membership department half a dozen times and got the voice prompts stating that they will return on the 5th January and then cuts the call. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Could be closed due to the public holiday but doesn't look like they have bothered to change the messaging.

Last edited:
Tried to call the membership department half a dozen times and got the voice prompts stating that they will return on the 5th January and then cuts the call. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Could be closed due to the public holiday but doesn't look like they have bothered to change the messaging.

I'd be shocked if someone answered on straya day.

Anyone have the premiership club membership?

I have 'only' ever been a Schimma but wondering if the difference between the 2 is worth it?

Whom on here sits there and what's the atmosphere like? Is it Prawn Sandwich or are you allowed to support the club and bag whoever the * you please without receiving dissaproving looks?

Note, I don't use the tickets, but I pass on the family membership to complete degenerate family members who prefer to spend their money on private school fees for their kids instead of really important things like football memberships.

I got Marcus, I ain't Marcus

Got the email also about the Shinboner wall.:)

Although IIRC this isn't the first time the club has done something like this.

Around early 2000's I remember going to Arden St to see a monument with thousands of members/supporters names on it. I had my video camera with me and filmed around Arden St oval and this monument. I recall finding my name and Wayne Carey's and filming it (on heavy zoom!). Unfortunately it is on VHS tape somewhere but I know I still have it.

Does anyone remember this or know where this monument is now or what happened to it?

I think it was out the front of the below establishment (couldn't find any images of the front) -

roos.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was built by Brian Martyn (Mick's father and former player) when he was suffering from cancer I think.
I believe it was taken down when the redevelopment happened.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully it is in safekeeping somewhere. I might email the club about it to find out.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it is in safekeeping somewhere. I might email the club about it to find out.

Let us know their response. Hopefully the panels have been retained however I heard that they had been dumped in the rebuild.

Let us know their response. Hopefully the panels have been retained however I heard that they had been dumped in the rebuild.
Will do.

I'd be disappointed if it was the case that any part of it had been dumped and will express as such if that is the answer. It is still a piece of our history and a lot of work would have gone into it and I'm sure there would have been someone who would have loved to have taken it off of their hands for posterity's sake if nothing else and even swung some cash the club's way or they could have even auctioned it off.....many options other than dumping without notification. Bit of a reckless and thoughtless decision if so.

Will do.

I'd be disappointed if it was the case that any part of it had been dumped and will express as such if that is the answer. It is still a piece of our history and a lot of work would have gone into it and I'm sure there would have been someone who would have loved to have taken it off of their hands for posterity's sake if nothing else and even swung some cash the club's way or they could have even auctioned it off.....many options other than dumping without notification. Bit of a reckless and thoughtless decision if so.
Here is the response (below) from the club in regards to the monument.........
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

I just have a query and am seeking some information in regards to the monument which was established in the early 2000's which displayed thousands of names of members/supporters/players/officials which was out the front of the old clubrooms/office.

I visited Arden St oval in the early 2000's to see it as my name was on it and filmed it at the time.

I believe it was built by Brian Martyn (Mick's father) and was removed during the re-development. As far as I can gather it has not been moved or erected elsewhere.

I am wondering where it is now residing and what plans, if any, there are for it.

Thanks for any help on the matter.

Regards
cleardot.gif

Scott

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cleardot.gif
Good Morning Scott

Thank you for your email.

The monument was at the previous facilities before we upgraded.

There was no plan in the new facilities for the monument to be erected.

We stored it for several years but due to the cost of storage and unlikelihood of it being re-erected, we had to make to decision to dispose of it.

Apologies for any disappointment this may cause.

Regards

Alene Lee
Receptionist

North Melbourne Football Club
P:
(03) 9320 2400 | F: (03) 9320 2401
A: 204-206 Arden Street, North Melbourne VIC 3051
E: Alene.Lee@nmfc.com.au | W: NMFC.com.au

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sent an email back expressing my disappointment at the decision (not an aggressive rant by any stretch of the imagination!) and trying to gleen information in regards to the thought process and basis of what appears to be a rather thoughtless decision.:(

Will post if/when I get a response.

Here is the response (below) from the club in regards to the monument.........
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

I just have a query and am seeking some information in regards to the monument which was established in the early 2000's which displayed thousands of names of members/supporters/players/officials which was out the front of the old clubrooms/office.

I visited Arden St oval in the early 2000's to see it as my name was on it and filmed it at the time.

I believe it was built by Brian Martyn (Mick's father) and was removed during the re-development. As far as I can gather it has not been moved or erected elsewhere.

I am wondering where it is now residing and what plans, if any, there are for it.

Thanks for any help on the matter.

Regards
cleardot.gif

Scott

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cleardot.gif
Good Morning Scott

Thank you for your email.

The monument was at the previous facilities before we upgraded.

There was no plan in the new facilities for the monument to be erected.

We stored it for several years but due to the cost of storage and unlikelihood of it being re-erected, we had to make to decision to dispose of it.

Apologies for any disappointment this may cause.

Regards

Alene Lee
Receptionist

North Melbourne Football Club
P:
(03) 9320 2400 | F: (03) 9320 2401
A: 204-206 Arden Street, North Melbourne VIC 3051
E: Alene.Lee@nmfc.com.au | W: NMFC.com.au

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sent an email back expressing my disappointment at the decision (not an aggressive rant by any stretch of the imagination!) and trying to gleen information in regards to the thought process and basis of what appears to be a rather thoughtless decision.:(

Will post if/when I get a response.

That's pretty shitty. How hard would it have been to put them up in the parkland surrounding the ground?

Built by a late Shinboner, to celebrate our members and lasts less than 15 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back