2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
found this little nugget on the afl website:

"This will be the Crows' second game in a stretch that sees them play three times in the space of 12 days, finishing with a blockbuster round 22 clash against Sydney next Friday night."

and followed by a much-loved trip to Perth... geeze we get looked after don't we.
The effects of the 6 day break are overstated IMO. Are there stats regarding the likelihood of winning the second game after two 6 day breaks?

The effects of the 6 day break are overstated IMO. Are there stats regarding the likelihood of winning the second game after two 6 day breaks?
Some of the coaches in the NRL had some interesting theories based on the players they lost to Origin games who often played 3 games in the space of 8-9 days. Wish I could remember what the theories were :)

Then League Teams had the group led by Dermott that Adelaide might be top, but that doesn't make them the best team. Essendon should beat them as Adelaide struggle playing in Victoria, and are hugely vulnerable to teams like the bombers.

Derm's been saying this for a few weeks (mostly on SEN), not a big fan of Adelaide's.

Derm's been saying this for a few weeks (mostly on SEN), not a big fan of Adelaide's.
Treat it as a compliment. In years gone by when they talked up Adelaide (even a little bit) we were fighting for a top 4 spot and most of them believed we had little chance of making the GF, let alone going all the way.

AFL360 was a tough slog last night. Gerard's favourite player got half the show... The entertainer of his generation? Loved by everyone?

Then they say Danger has emphatically confirmed that he will present the Brownlow only to hear him say 'at this stage' several times in a 30 sec grab!

Then League Teams had the group led by Dermott that Adelaide might be top, but that doesn't make them the best team. Essendon should beat them as Adelaide struggle playing in Victoria, and are hugely vulnerable to teams like the bombers.

Roos thought us winning the contested possession count in the showdown was an anomoly, instead the game we lost it being the stranger one.

Fair to say these guys just don't follow Adelaide during the season?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
They said we don't play well at Ethiad, don't we? I thought we did ok but I could be wrong

Nup

Didn't then and don't now

Never - ever ....!!!!

3 short years and they managed to **** that club up again !
Even without Primus !
I remember when many in here were lauding Port too at that time. Saying we should be more like them. It's a little hilarious to be honest.

They said we don't play well at Ethiad, don't we? I thought we did ok but I could be wrong
We've alternated wins and losses there for the last 3 years.

We've kicked big scores though, last 4 games are 108, 127, 97 and 171.

Perhaps they're thinking of our s**t period in 2010-2011 when we lost 8 in a row there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never has been. But that's ok, I've never been a fan of Derm.

For someone who's always been the popular jock he sure does go against the stereotype constantly saying 'I reckon....' and what comes next is his opinion that the underdog is a sneaky chance, with the hope that the favourite will slip up, for his own schadenfreud, and so he can claim the 'I told you so'.

He laughs when players are hurt - thinks it funny somehow. 'Baa ha ha ha that's gonna hurt. He'll know all about that tomorrow morning when he wakes up ha ha ha.'

I don't care how tough or good he was on the footy field, he is the quintessential bully, and I wish he'd stop telling everybody what everybody else is thinking or feeling on the field or in the coaches' box.

In fact, Derm, GAGF.

Some of the coaches in the NRL had some interesting theories based on the players they lost to Origin games who often played 3 games in the space of 8-9 days. Wish I could remember what the theories were :)

Not an NRL fan myself, but found this:
While most of the NRL has been up in arms about five-day turnarounds throughout the season, let's spare a thought for the seven men from the Dragons and Raiders who will have to play four days after last Sunday's Country v City game.

Dragons forward Jack de Belin would have made it an even eight of those backing up for Thursday's game but hasn't been named by coach Paul McGregor this week.

The Raiders have named Country's Shannon Boyd, Paul Vaughan, Jack Wighton and skipper Jarrod Croker as well as City's Aidan Sezer to all back up at UOW Jubilee Oval.

Country and Dragons centre Euan Aitken said the four-day gap between games was tough for all involved.

"We all talked about the short turnaround and how it was a bad decision to play on a Thursday night after a Sunday rep game. Five days I can understand, but either way I'm sure we'll be ready to go," Aitken said.

"It's not optimal but we have a lot of recovery strategies to help us get as good as we can for the shorter turnarounds but obviously it's a thing the NRL needs to look at.

With the Crows, I'm more concerned about longer breaks than short ones. I reckon longer breaks stuff up our routine. I'm not looking forward to the break before finals...

AFL360 was a tough slog last night. Gerard's favourite player got half the show... The entertainer of his generation? Loved by everyone?

Then they say Danger has emphatically confirmed that he will present the Brownlow only to hear him say 'at this stage' several times in a 30 sec grab!

Roos thought us winning the contested possession count in the showdown was an anomoly, instead the game we lost it being the stranger one.

Yeah, I thought League Teams assessment of us was quite surreal and they massively overrate the Bombers for reasons best know to themselves. This is a team that struggled against Carlton and are sitting 8th only because West Coast keep going potty in the bed in the last quarter against average teams.

Adelaide are only top because the comp is a low standard as well. I disagree, the standard is the same but more evenly spread. Carlton, Freo, Brisbane and North have all beaten good teams this year.

They didn't watch the showdown and just guessed "Port were bad"

Yeah, I thought League Teams assessment of us was quite surreal and they massively overrate the Bombers for reasons best know to themselves. This is a team that struggled against Carlton and are sitting 8th only because West Coast keep going potty in the bed in the last quarter against average teams.

Adelaide are only top because the comp is a low standard as well. I disagree, the standard is the same but more evenly spread. Carlton, Freo, Brisbane and North have all beaten good teams this year.

They didn't watch the showdown and just guessed "Port were bad"
To get a crowd to Etihad on Saturday night?

Was interesting to hear Port are looking to sign all their name out of contract players. For 3 seasons these players haven't got the job done. Why on earth wouldn't you want to make changes. Its the one thing American sports do better than us, they trade out players who aren't getting the job done far quicker regardless of status.

Yeah, it's hilarious to watch. One half decent season and they're strutting about like roosters. Dimma can't wipe the smile off his face. No poise, no class.

They will never win a premiership under him.
The more they get pumped up the less likely they are to win it. Bit like us.
I'm happy with the current state of affairs

Was interesting to hear Port are looking to sign all their name out of contract players. For 3 seasons these players haven't got the job done. Why on earth wouldn't you want to make changes. Its the one thing American sports do better than us, they trade out players who aren't getting the job done far quicker regardless of status.

Yeah, but they are a destination club.

North are the only team we've played and not beaten at least once, so maybe Dermie thinks they are the best team? :drunk: Still haven't played WCE or Sydney
We've lost once in Victoria this year, to Geelong in Geelong, so nope, that's wrong too.
Aaand for the trifecta, playing teams like the bombers that don't defend is exactly what we'd prefer.
Maybe he thinks it's 1991 still?

Also we are ranked #1 for contested possession so they were having a deadset mare

I was watching League Teams last night and they were doing the Collingwood Port Game and they showed the weight of Ports midfielders compared to Adelaide's.

I think I can see why we outworked and outrun Port.

Ollie wines 97Kg (NINETY SEVEN for a midfielder!!!!)
Brad Ebert 89Kg
Travis Boak 85Kg
Robbie Gray 87Kg

Brad Crouch 88Kg
Rory Sloane 79Kg
Richard Douglas 80Kg
Matt Crouch 78Kg

Is it me or are they all 5Kegs overweight? That must have an affect on their running capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back