Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brisbane pull off the upset here and St. Kilda win there will be 5 teams on 44 points going in to Round 23 all playing for the last two finals spots. Should at least make for an interesting round.

Also 17th vs 18th is potentially happening as of right now, A Brisbane win with >5 increase in percentage would leave them in 17th and if North lose they could end the round in 18th. If both lose it is guaranteed. Been a while since we've seen a good game of tankball, I'm excited :)

Lol at the media who have been trying to talk up the Hawks as a finals chance.

We ended their season, when the only hope they have is 'a mathematical chance' they were always up against it
Wins against Richmond and Carlton could still have kept them in it. Not sure they deserve as much praise as has been heaped upon them, they improved on their start to the year but that start was a dumpster fire. Still dropped games a good side shouldn't and are still very reliant on the outgoing good bloke and Burgoyne.

If Brisbane pull off the upset here and St. Kilda win there will be 5 teams on 44 points going in to Round 23 all playing for the last two finals spots. Should at least make for an interesting round.

Also 17th vs 18th is potentially happening as of right now, A Brisbane win with >5 increase in percentage would leave them in 17th and if North lose they could end the round in 18th. If both lose it is guaranteed. Been a while since we've seen a good game of tankball, I'm excited :)
Ah, the old Kruezer cup in 2007.

Wins against Richmond and Carlton could still have kept them in it. Not sure they deserve as much praise as has been heaped upon them, they improved on their start to the year but that start was a dumpster fire. Still dropped games a good side shouldn't and are still very reliant on the outgoing good bloke and Burgoyne.
Yeah i never saw them as a chance for finals, when you are relying on multiple other results to go your way you are not really a chance

Does anyone give Freo a chance to beat Richmond today, I'm 2 behind in the tipping and running out of options.

My Richmond mates at work would be suicidal if they lost to Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone give Freo a chance to beat Richmond today, I'm 2 behind in the tipping and running out of options.

I do. The media have basically been giving Richmond a free pass after last week saying we rarely get beaten down at Geelong, yet Sydney did just that the week before when we had Selwood (for a half), Hawkins and Duncan playing. If there's a team who believe the media about them, it's Richmond.

Lol at the media who have been trying to talk up the Hawks as a finals chance.

We ended their season, when the only hope they have is 'a mathematical chance' they were always up against it
The media and a few on this board too.

I do. The media have basically been giving Richmond a free pass after last week saying we rarely get beaten down at Geelong, yet Sydney did just that the week before when we had Selwood (for a half), Hawkins and Duncan playing. If there's a team who believe the media about them, it's Richmond.

I've been tipping Freo all week, there was never a doubt in my mind that they would screw this up.

On a side-note this is the 2nd time I've watched Freo this year and their list looks in a state, I can see a lot of pain on the horizon, Fyfe still a total gun though.

Yeah they love them so much they haven't won a flag in five years.

There's a different word for the players crashing into Crows players as they kick or handball. It's called pressure.
Yes but I think it is a VERY fine line. I'm not making excuses, just observing and commenting. The swannies do it better than anyone else.

I think the whole industry gets behind whichever it is that is seen as the game's "leaders" in "tough", gamestyle" or "skill" and once they get on a roll they just roll on faster. They get a little bit more time, a little bit more leeway, a few more lucky breaks. We got it back in the day, the Hawks got it, the Doggies quick hands got it, now the Swans are getting it. Buddy always has BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back