2017 Roland Garros - 22nd of May to 11th of July

Remove this Banner Ad

Fell asleep! Sounds like a clinical display by Nadal? Pretty lucky in this era as viewers to see players like Rafa reach the pinnacle so many times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pretty incredible from rafa, just way too good, the best we'll ever see on this stuff, the fact he's winning his 10th and no one is even close is scary.
Reckon his ability on clay is the best we'll ever see on any surface to be honest.

Federer is looking like a genius for skipping RG.

Smart from Fed no doubt. I didn't follow it so much at the time but was there much of an outcry that he was skipping a mandatory tournament by choice? I mean they would never have the balls to penalise him for it but there was always a big fuss when the Americans dodged the clay season.

It is fair to say that the WTA was much better than the ATP this year at the French. lot more drama, a lot more close matches and way more epic. so much for the doom predictions. Shame Sharapova won't play Wimbledon, cause adding her and Azarenka to the mix would have made an epic Wimbledon.

I barely watched much of the final after the 5th game. from there, you could see it was gg. Nadal way-way too good. Think my favourite match was Timea v Jelena in the semi. though the final was very good as well. In the men's, it was Busta v Raonic.

now, a nice 3 week break before Wimbledon and we do this all again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is fair to say that the WTA was much better than the ATP this year at the French. lot more drama, a lot more close matches and way more epic. so much for the doom predictions. Shame Sharapova won't play Wimbledon, cause adding her and Azarenka to the mix would have made an epic Wimbledon.

I barely watched much of the final after the 5th game. from there, you could see it was gg. Nadal way-way too good. Think my favourite match was Timea v Jelena in the semi. though the final was very good as well. In the men's, it was Busta v Raonic.

now, a nice 3 week break before Wimbledon and we do this all again.
Is that the Serena factor at play or other reasons?

it must play some part of it. But also no Azarenka or Sharapova.

I just think it was a good tournament where most of the big big favs made it through. and there was no stand out player amongst them.

Last edited:
At Roger's age there's no point in wasting time and energy on futile exercises.

Agree, He's 35 and can't recover like he used to, playing a few possible 5 setters on clay and going deep into the 2nd week ain't doing his Grass season any favours and if he wins 8 Wimbledons he goes past Sampras.

For those that are potting him, Does he / would most prefer to give it your all to chase a 2nd French Open or 8th Wimbledon?

At Roger's age there's no point in wasting time and energy on futile exercises.

Well then I hope that his record v Nadal is not brought up in conversation when he is actively skipping grand slams because he has decided he is not good enough to win them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well then I hope that his record v Nadal is not brought up in conversation when he is actively skipping grand slams because he has decided he is not good enough to win them.

Sigh! The media will do whatever they want and that's why Roger should do whatever he wants.

He's nobody's slave. This is his life to do as he wishes.

Sigh! The media will do whatever they want and that's why Roger should do whatever he wants.

He's nobody's slave. This is his life to do as he wishes.
Why the incredulity?
Of course he can do whatever he wants, who was saying differently?
For every action there is a reaction. Fed voluntarily missed a GS. That is accepting defeat in my book.

A consequence of that decision is that it artificially pumps up his record. Though I'm confident that that is not his primary intention, it is a by-product of his decision.

The decision to skip the GS is a clever one and is consistent with his standards.

It took till after the tournament before we got the RAFA v FED GOAT discussion. that's good

If you want to deduct points from Fed for missing a tournament; then that is your thing. Most people have already formed their opinions and couldn't give a stuff about head to heads and missing tournaments. personally, I feel your abnormal hate and bias for a player who has the respect of almost every tennis player is the world isn't healthy.

It took till after the tournament before we got the RAFA v FED GOAT discussion. that's good

If you want to deduct points from Fed for missing a tournament; then that is your thing. Most people have already formed their opinions and couldn't give a stuff about head to heads and missing tournaments. personally, I feel your abnormal hate and bias for a player who has the respect of almost every tennis player is the world isn't healthy.

There is no hate. I'm pointing out facts that you don't want to hear. If you don't like it don't read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it must play some part of it. But also no Azarenka or Sharapova.

I just think it was a good tournament where most of the big big favs made it through. and there was no stand out player amongst them.

No Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka, Kvitova first tournament back and Kerber playing like s**t.

It would be like taking Rafa, Djokovic, Federer, Murray and Wawrinka out of the men's. Free for all.

Wimbledon will be the same again on the women's side.

I emptied my betting accounts but put $50 aside to try and take advantage of it again. Little stable to follow over the grass season and in to Wimbledon anyway. House money.

xggs4l.png

t9gpvr.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back