ATP/WTA Australian Summer of Tennis 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

“It’s not good enough to play tennis on” - John McEnroe.

Top tennis players slid all over the court when the Australian Open was held at Kooyong, resulting in many players refusing to make the trip to the Grand Slam down under until Flinders Park was built.

Stream the full story in new sport documentary ‘Australia’s Open’ on Tue 9 and Wed 10 Jan at 8.30pm on ABC TV and ABC iview

Could be a good watch

If I was going first day I’d be going MCA there’s some good matches on there and prob less expensive

Wouldn’t go in the first 3-4 days myself too many cakewalk games. Best days are the Saturday middle

I’ve always gone first rd and seen some fantastic matches, some have been a cakewalk but ppl I wanted to see…

Day 1 or 2 ground pass was always my thing. You would inadvertently stumble across a really good match and it was a great experience to be at ground level and close quarters to the actual play. Great buzz and vibe too when the tournament was finally underway and there was so many matches going on. Too many people now and you can't get near half the matches on the outside courts so I don't go anymore.

Day 1 or 2 ground pass was always my thing. You would inadvertently stumble across a really good match and it was a great experience to be at ground level and close quarters to the actual play. Great buzz and vibe too when the tournament was finally underway and there was so many matches going on. Too many people now and you can't get near half the matches on the outside courts so I don't go anymore.
I couldn’t really go to outside courts in past cause I’m on meds that don’t allow me to sit in direct sunlight, so we’ve always gone to RLA and MCA or like vodaphone when it was ticketed..
Now I’d like to go groundpass cause half the courts are shaded now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which muppet decided $170 a ticket for round 1 RLA sessions is reasonable? It was bad enough with 3 matches let alone 2
Yeah it’s an absolute rort but they do happy hour sales in the lead up on Thursdays between 4-5pm.
I’m going for $42, even cheaper than a ground pass.
You can get most days on the main courts much much cheaper.

Last edited:
Just got home. Not sure on this whole starting on a Sunday thing.

There's less games on cuz of the earlier start meaning the outside courts were absolutely rammed. I stood in a huge line outside the Cilic game and they let no one in after 4 change of ends. You basically have to camp out nice and early and stay in your seat to see a match.I go day 1 every year and this was the worst.

The new courtside bar is pretty cool. If you can get one of the stools overlooking the court. Party vibe for sure. But if you can't get one of those stools you will struggle to see anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back