News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

He quotes some all blacks dude. As if those blokes are the epitome of what is moral....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37627971

tdlr

"New Zealand rugby battered by scandal"

Sexual assault, drug cheating, coke...

I have a few NZ mates and they say while they All Blacks are amazing, they are the biggest campaigners on the field in every sense of the word.

I have a few NZ mates and they say while they All Blacks are amazing, they are the biggest campaigners on the field in every sense of the word.
Of course they are.

The Aussie cricket team of the 90s and 00s were similarly incredibly talented both at cricket and sledging! So FitzSimons point is well and truly null and void!!

Of course they are.

The Aussie cricket team of the 90s and 00s were similarly incredibly talented both at cricket and sledging! So FitzSimons point is well and truly null and void!!

Honestly struggling to think of a champion side in any sport at any time that didn't have any bit of campaigner in them. Even dogs last year with their huge good guys emphasis through the media had will minson in the squad winning a vfl flag.

Seriously, name me a side that's won anything that didn't have a prick in it. I'm struggling.

Of course they are.

I always found it odd that when we lost the Ashes over there under Ponting coincided with that code of conduct thing at the time.

We were copping a hammering about sledging, and then went all gentleman and lost the series and it seems our killer instinct as well.

I always found it odd that when we lost the Ashes over there under Ponting coincided with that code of conduct thing at the time.

We were copping a hammering about sledging, and then went all gentleman and lost the series and it seems our killer instinct as well.
Ah yes. From memory what turned the series was Glenn McGrath getting injured playing touch rugby in training before the Edgbaston Test, and then Ponting winning the toss and putting England in despite not having his premier fast bowler. England put on 100+ for the first wicket at around 5 an over, and the rest, as they say is history...

Peter Fitzsimons is one of the worlds biggest turds, if he was more widely known I'm sure he would have replaced Bono in that South Park episode.

Also the sycophantic way he speaks about the all blacks is enough to make me cringe.

How can you possibly beat a team you are so in awe of, not to mention they are the most cynical side I have ever seen.

To top it all the turd had the story wrong.

Peter Fitzsimons is one of the worlds biggest turds, if he was more widely known I'm sure he would have replaced Bono in that South Park episode.

Also the sycophantic way he speaks about the all blacks is enough to make me cringe.

How can you possibly beat a team you are so in awe of, not to mention they are the most cynical side I have ever seen.

To top it all the turd had the story wrong.
8126098-3x2-340x227.jpg

"Stop sledging me ya Saint supportin' sicko!"

Sheedy asks the afl to do more for lgbt people but forgets that Us and the Swans have something already

Sheeds wants to take credit for inventing gay footy fans
Maybe he could just arrange one ginormous match each year to celebrate "gay indigenous martians who fought in wars".

It would have to involve Essendon of course :rolleyes:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get it? Except for Markworth & Dawson it's pretty spot on I would've thought...

Yep, Freeman lit it up during 2015.
Boekhorst
Garlett played some games but didn't really get people talking.
Pickett made his debut for the Blues 2015.
Petracca was injured for all that year.
Paddy played 6 for 3 goals.
Steele, Dumont, Cockatoo were unremarkable

Based on the rising star awards, this list was accurate for:
Hogan. - Yes
Cripps - No
Sheed - No
Heeney - Yes
Brayshaw - Yes
Miller - No
Saad-No
Lever-No
De-Goey -Yes
Thurlow - No

Last edited:
Yep, Freeman lit it up during 2015.
Boekhorst
Garlett played some games but didn't really get people talking.
Pickett made his debut for the Blues 2015.
Petracca was injured for all that year.
Paddy played 6 for 3 goals.
Steele, Dumont, Cockatoo were unremarkable

Based on the rising star awards, this list was accurate for:
Hogan. - Yes
Cripps - No
Sheed - No
Heeney - Yes
Brayshaw - Yes
Miller - No
Saad-No
Lever-No
De-Goey -Yes
Thurlow - No
and Steele is lighting up 2017 for us

Because of what looks like a red bandana, my avatar could be confused for Peter Fitzf*up. I apologise. Any resemblance is accidental and I apologise

All cool.

That fella appears very well balanced.

Cleary not FitzArshole

Lol
Course it was
Tackle a bloke, bloke plays on.....a week
jumper punch a bloke that took him to his knees.....fine

So at least we know where the line is
Half decent little jumper punches are ok
I'm good with that, jumper punch every campaigner this week
It's not the strength of the punch, it's the colour of the jumper.

Here's and interesting take on St Kilda's strengths based on analysis of our (woeful to date) goalkicking this year. For the statisticians amongst us.

Are St Kilda a Sleeping Giant? A Look at For and Against xScore Percentages

I spend a fair bit of time here developing ratings to compare team quality beyond their simple win/loss record. But I'll let you in on a little secret: that commonly overlooked "percentage" column at the right side of the ladder often provides just as good a benchmark of which teams are playing well and dominating games and which teams are scraping by due to lucky wins.

Article here...

http://figuringfooty.com/2017/05/18/are-st-kilda-a-sleeping-giant/

Go Saints...

Here's and interesting take on St Kilda's strengths based on analysis of our (woeful to date) goalkicking this year. For the statisticians amongst us.

Are St Kilda a Sleeping Giant? A Look at For and Against xScore Percentages

I spend a fair bit of time here developing ratings to compare team quality beyond their simple win/loss record. But I'll let you in on a little secret: that commonly overlooked "percentage" column at the right side of the ladder often provides just as good a benchmark of which teams are playing well and dominating games and which teams are scraping by due to lucky wins.

Article here...

http://figuringfooty.com/2017/05/18/are-st-kilda-a-sleeping-giant/

Go Saints...
Really good read! Was just going to post this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back