List Mgmt. 2017 Trade and Free Agency Discussion - #Leverpulled and #Harleyrevved

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard when you look at what players you'd offer up in a deal. It's almost always based on form in that you want to trade guys who aren't playing well and keep the guys who are. Stretch is a case in point for me. At the start of the year he was playing really well and was in our best 22. I wouldn't have wanted to trade him. The problem with that approach is you are always going to be selling your own players low. Having said that I still don't want to trade any of our kids playing well ie ANB, Hannan or OMAC.

It's the old rule of sell high mate. I remember saying we should have traded fitzy when he had that little bit of form under Craig but everyone told me to piss off then we delisted him a year or 2 later.

Unlike ANB Gore was a throwaway and well and truly neutralised by the pick 50 Geelong got back for him. Apples and oranges
I agree we should be trying to get a pick or two back off the crows even if they are a 3rd this year and next.

Our good old friend the oxygen thief reckons we're front runners
Damian Barrett believes, if Jake Lever chooses to leave Adelaide, Melbourne looms as the team leading the race to secure him.

Lever's contract has been a hot talking point all season, with the young gun out of contract at the end of the year.

Clubs are reportedly offering him massive deals to return to Victoria.

“It’s just getting murkier and murkier, isn’t it? And more worrying, basically," Barrett said on Dead Set Legends in Adelaide.

“Clubs are using many ways, they’re using the father’s connection, who is well known to Melbourne people."

Barrett said, if there is an order, Melbourne is likely in front.

“If there was to be an order, I reckon it might be Melbourne that’s in front," he said.

“And I know the Bulldogs are well established as being very, very keen. The club we just talked about then, Collingwood, also has a major requirement for someone of his talents in their team, as well.

“When you do get to round 17, obviously you know there’s an issue, don’t you? It’s obviously worrying times."

Sounds more like an opinion than any sort of knowledge
Someone needs to stalk the coffee shops near Bernie Vinces place. Goody tends to engage him as a kind of Svengali when luring innocent players to Melbourne.

One of the reasons I'm happy to have Bern hang out on his no doubt healthy contract even if he does drop back to Casey at some stage. He clearly brings certain intangibles to the table. And even tangibles if you count Hibberd and, well, Melksham...

Barrett said, if there is an order, Melbourne is likely in front.

“If there was to be an order, I reckon it might be Melbourne that’s in front," he said.
Jesus Christ. I actually didn't know this error was even a thing until one day in year 11 I helped a not quite bright mate revise for an essay assessment and saw them doing this. I said this is about the worst possible use of language in evidencing a point and is so far from good writing I didn't even think it was something someone could think of to do. They don't talk to me anymore and now I see presumably professional writers doing this s**t. In short, * the football media.
Any way, yes Lever. Pry him loose and all that.

Jesus Christ. I actually didn't know this error was even a thing until one day in year 11 I helped a not quite bright mate revise for an essay assessment and saw them doing this. I said this is about the worst possible use of language in evidencing a point and is so far from good writing I didn't even think it was something someone could think of to do. They don't talk to me anymore and now I see presumably professional writers doing this s**t. In short, **** the football media.
Any way, yes Lever. Pry him loose and all that.
kdwol.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw him at the Geelong hawks game, he is taller than I expected.

Also was wearing sunglasses lol you're not a celeb Barrett stfu
Saw him walking down Spring street. Didn't think he was that tall but he did have sunnies and a hat on. I mentioned as he walked past to someone that it was Barrett and that it was funny that he was in the celebrity in public get up. My friend had no idea who he was.

So if Adelaide won the flag this year does that make the chances of Lever leaving higher? Just think they are a good side and he might be keen to stick around if they go close.

So if Adelaide won the flag this year does that make the chances of Lever leaving higher? Just think they are a good side and he might be keen to stick around if they go close.
I think it does. You'd probably feel a lot less like you owe them something if you help them win a flag, and move with a clear conscience.

I think it does. You'd probably feel a lot less like you owe them something if you help them win a flag, and move with a clear conscience.

Yeah I agree, plus it makes the decision easier from the sense that you have already achieved the ultimate prize.

I worry then he wouls just chase the biggest pay packet and that wont be us.

Yeah I agree, plus it makes the decision easier from the sense that you have already achieved the ultimate prize.

I worry then he wouls just chase the biggest pay packet and that wont be us.
There is probably just as much of a chance that he'll go somewhere that he's a good chance to win another one I'd have thought. He's only 21, so while money is important, going to be a long 10-12 years of the rest of your career if you pick a team just for the cash without any particularly promising future prospects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back