List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I be stoked if we went after Cripps, he has massive upside. If Fyfe wants to go let him - only if it's based on money and his brand, no player should be bigger than the club - I hope he isn't that way inclined. But if he does want out as long as we get Cripps and a good a first round pick.
Agree with Unique name re: McGovern, I rate him but not an early first rounder, similar currency to B. Hill except he's out of contract and we can put a contract price on him to get him in PSD.
With the promise shown by Cox at Peel, maybe bundle him up and send him home - like for like? Get some games into him increase his value, keep if he wants to stay or send him back if he wants to.
Marcus Adams is average, if you want him you need your head read, he s**t his pants about three times in the last quarter against Geelong the other week = Ibbo with muscles, not an upgrade anywhere I can see.

JJ off to Eagles apparently

Whilst i'd have him at Freo (obviously) the fact you'd have to trade for him is enough reason to pass.

Bulldogs will want 2 first rounders for him and will probably get it. Not worth it given he'll probably command 6-700k a year as well. A lot for someone that can't hit a target to save his life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did. Signed until the end of 2019.

Some people need to be realistic.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-04/new-deal-for-blues-young-gun-patrick-cripps

I suppose you are alluding to my comments about Cripps?
Didn't say we could get him, just meant that if Fyfe goes he is the one we need - maybe unrealistic but the contract status and the value of each contract is beginning to have less and less worth.
Just hope the club doesn't pay overs for a McGovern or JJ with low first round picks, rather see us trade out players that may be susceptable to going back to Vic.

I be stoked if we went after Cripps, he has massive upside. If Fyfe wants to go let him - only if it's based on money and his brand, no player should be bigger than the club - I hope he isn't that way inclined. But if he does want out as long as we get Cripps and a good a first round pick.
Agree with Unique name re: McGovern, I rate him but not an early first rounder, similar currency to B. Hill except he's out of contract and we can put a contract price on him to get him in PSD.
With the promise shown by Cox at Peel, maybe bundle him up and send him home - like for like? Get some games into him increase his value, keep if he wants to stay or send him back if he wants to.
Marcus Adams is average, if you want him you need your head read, he s**t his pants about three times in the last quarter against Geelong the other week = Ibbo with muscles, not an upgrade anywhere I can see.
Can we please debut Cox before we already ship him home? Same as Ryan, we may find that we already have what is
required, at a bargain price.

If Mitch wants to come home, Freo will be his first choice please don't fu.ck it up Bond/Lloyd. He hates the Eagles, can play back and forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually agree. Reckon Mitch would still happily play for us and against his brother in Derbies back in Perth. Do not think the extra draw of playing with his brother is as much as for others like the Hills.

So, it's clear from the Crows game where we're at with the rebuild. As far as I can tell - best case scenario, we've got:

Hughes, COX, RYAN
Weller, A Pearce, Hamling/I]
Hill, Neale, Hill
Walters, LOGUE, Bennell
Kersten, McCarthy, Grey
Darcy, Blakely, Fyfe
Langdon, Balic/BOLTON, TABERNER/APENESS, CROZIER/NYHUIS/TUCKER

Still a truck load of work to do. Need to trade in 1 or 2, and go to the draft with 6 live picks.. at least.
I think there are at least some other pieces available.

Actually agree. Reckon Mitch would still happily play for us and against his brother in Derbies back in Perth. Do not think the extra draw of playing with his brother is as much as for others like the Hills.

Both the Hills growing up were eagles supporters, when Stephen was drafted by us Brad switched to Freo.

With the McGoverns it was different both were Freo supporters. When Jeremy was drafted by the eagles Mitch was pissed and didn't jump ship. Said he supports Jeremy but NOT the eagles.

The only way I see Mitch play for the eagles is if Freo told him they don't want him. Freo have enough cap space to match whatever the eagles are offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJ off to Eagles apparently
Either you didn't read the article, or you're incredibly, ridiculously easily convinced by anything. WA gun out of contract and eagles have expressed interest isn't news, it's commonsense. For whatever it's worth, freo would be interested, we'd be keen on McGovern too, just because nothing has been made public doesn't mean we're not interested.

If we get Nathan Wilson where does that put Logue in the pecking order?

Considering they are nothing alike i wouldn't think it affects him at all.

Logue = Ibbotson
Wilson / JJ = Weller (releasing Weller into the midfield)
???? = Spurr
Pearce = Johnson
???? = Sutcliffe

Considering they are nothing alike i wouldn't think it affects him at all.

Logue = Ibbotson
Wilson / JJ = Weller (releasing Weller into the midfield)
???? = Spurr
Pearce = Johnson
???? = Sutcliffe

Disagree. I think they are very similar.

Maybe something like:

Luke Ryan = Ibbotson
Spurr = Nyhuis
Pearce = Johnson
Wilson pushes Weller into the mids
Logue = Sutty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back