2018 AFLW Season - offseason moves

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't play it after the lions v saints game at Etihad tbh. Full stadium already set up for broadcast, food etc would have saved them a few dollars and would have meant a bigger crowd. Especially as there aren't any other games on Etihad that weekend afterwards. Having it after would have avoided the whole having to clear the stadium issue when compared to an opener. Guess they probably didn't want to go up against an AFL game in the first week of footy on tv

Curtain raiser before the men's match would've fit perfect for the day. Glad it starts at 12:35 now but having both games at Etihad would've been great.

In Bundaberg at the moment. AFLW GF getting a fair bit of air time here as our captain Emma Zielke is a bundy girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear because they won't get anything in Melbourne. Noticed on AFL website that there are three articles on the Bulldogs and nothing on Lions. Thought it was a national comp....silly me.

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't play it after the lions v saints game at Etihad tbh. Full stadium already set up for broadcast, food etc would have saved them a few dollars and would have meant a bigger crowd. Especially as there aren't any other games on Etihad that weekend afterwards. Having it after would have avoided the whole having to clear the stadium issue when compared to an opener. Guess they probably didn't want to go up against an AFL game in the first week of footy on tv
Refer my picture post in BRAB's round 1 preview, maybe surface concerns after last weeks Ed_ihad concerts?

In Bundaberg at the moment. AFLW GF getting a fair bit of air time here as our captain Emma Zielke is a bundy girl.

I live on the Wide Bay region and we get lots of coverage on the news about our girls ,because of Emma .
It’s great , she also has a younger sister who plays in the newly formed ladies comp here .

Curtain raiser before the men's match would've fit perfect for the day. Glad it starts at 12:35 now but having both games at Etihad would've been great.
Apparently the big issue was having to empty the ground after the unticketed game and getting all fans back in again after checking tickets. Big logistical issue.

I liked the "curtain closer" option myself - play after the mens, except I wouldn't call it a curtain closer. The AFLW is smaller than the men's, sure, but this is the grand final. I'd have had the men's as the curtain opener for the AFLW Grand Final... Easier to market that way too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a lot of people pointing to Cotchin's tackle on Shiel as being worse without suspension.

What this is all telling me is that Cotchin should have missed the GF, not that Brennan should get off.

This is a piss take surely. Ha ha ha beyond ridiculous. What next? "well your honour we believe it is the result of the earth having gravity and the Melbourne player for having a head"........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back