2018 Brownlow Medal - Congrats Tom Mitchell.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm trying to figure out how someone with Dion Prestia in their profile photo could knock anyone for accumulating possessions but doing nothing with them? His nickname is 'The Butcher' right?
The difference though is that Mitchell will get 40 and hit targets with 24 of them, all while tackling more than most players in the comp. Dion is still somehow getting a game in the AFL despite having the foot skills of a country league under 14's player.
I have never once said prestia is a good kick or think he should be near a Brownlow

Richmond surely broke a record tonight or two

Most games won with the opposition getting the 3 votes 7 times

Most times winning the game and the opponent having 2/3 of the votes

Also winning by 80 and somehow the oppo getting 3 votes

It impacts on a bunch of things- teams are far less likely to go the hard tag if they are up by 10 goals- more often than not in that situation they'll just shrug and let Cripps get his 25 touches.

To an extent, they probably do that from the start with guys like Cripps and Fyfe. Let them do their thing and play Heroball and accumulate the sexy numbers, and shut out their teammates.

Whilst I think the winning team should get the majority of the votes (especially in big wins), the Tigers were a tough one to judge votes for, as they had a very even contribution across the board a lot of the time. Nobody had that standout season above and beyond the rest of the team like Dusty last year, for example.

To an extent, they probably do that from the start with guys like Cripps and Fyfe. Let them do their thing and play Heroball and accumulate the sexy numbers, and shut out their teammates.

I’m obviously a Carlton supporter so anything I say in regards to Cripps performances will come across as biased.

But no way on earth will I accept that some of the votes given in the other games during this count was a reflection of who as most influential player in those games.

Dat hair helmet

dat_ass.jpg

Whilst I think the winning team should get the majority of the votes (especially in big wins), the Tigers were a tough one to judge votes for, as they had a very even contribution across the board a lot of the time. Nobody had that standout season above and beyond the rest of the team like Dusty last year, for example.
It’s just funny Fyfe gets 3 votes in an 80 point loss for 30 odd touches 10 clangers abd 50% de

Dusty gets 25 and 5 goals gets one vote

Or against Carlton 33 disposals 2 goals 13 score involvements doesn’t get a vote

I’m obviously a Carlton supporter so anything I say in regards to Cripps performances will come across as biased.

But no way on earth will I accept that some of the votes given in the other games during this count was a reflection of who as most influential player in those games.

Oh no doubt, it was a very weird count in a lot of places.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What game was this one? I missed that.

Just goes to show what an even contribution there was throughout the season. Richmond had several games where opposition players had lots of the ball and Richmond's top ball winners were low 20's, but there were several of them.

It’s just funny Fyfe gets 3 votes in an 80 point loss for 30 odd touches 10 clangers abd 50% de

Or against Carlton 33 disposals 2 goals 13 score involvements doesn’t get a vote

The problem is we can’t even rely on the umpires to interpret free kicks properly, yet we also rely on them to determine who was the most influential players in a certain match?

Clarko falling asleep was the best thing about the night

To be honest the whole night needs a revamp ...it’s as boring as bat poo to watch

My simple suggestion ...start the count at round 15 .....

7 rounds will do .......

MITCHELL awesome achievement well done, great player ...and one that will see hawks contend again soon

The Fyfe thing is wrong

He had 33 touches, 7 clambers (2 were free kicks) but had 26 contested, 21 effective 6 contested marks, 12 clearances and 7 hit outs.

It’s only the score that was the issue but he was that far above any other player on the ground and literally the only freo player who care to play or do anything.

There’s always swings and round abouts though like Gresham should’ve polled against Richmond but didn’t.

Beams had 30 and 5 and didnt poll.

It impacts on a bunch of things- teams are far less likely to go the hard tag if they are up by 10 goals- more often than not in that situation they'll just shrug and let Cripps get his 25 touches.

If you think Cripps wasn't hard tagged all year you weren't watching a single Carlton game. Usually two guys minding him at stoppages. Silly post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back