List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Watch - Depth Chart In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership best 22 plus a host of grunty speedsters and champs hyphen and Lynch plus Towno back and Chol!

RFC,take a bow,congrats recruiting team on a job well done,can’t ask for more than that after a top of the ladder finish.

Salivating for next year.

RICHMOND

No.20. Riley Collier-Dawkins (Oakleigh Chargers)

No.43. Jack Ross (Oakleigh Chargers)

No.58. Fraser Turner (Clarence)

No.62. Luke English (Perth)

Rookies: Jake Aarts, Jacob Townsend, Mabior Chol

GILBERT GARDINER SAYS: Got an absolute gem in Riley Collier-Dawkins and the scariest part - for the rest of the competition - is the tall and explosive midfielder likened to Marcus Bontempelli and Patrick Cripps hasn’t stopped growing yet.

Big-bodied midfielder Jack Ross is ready to go, while running machine Fraser Turner is sure to keep Tigers wingmen Brandon Ellis and Kamdyn McIntosh honest.

Hard-working inside midfielder English, who won the 2017 Jack Clarke Medal as the best player in the WAFL colts as a bottom-ager, has been compared to Brownlow Medallist Matt Priddis.

PRE is still around? Hahah.
MealyShrillAgama-poster.jpg

RICHMOND

GILBERT GARDINER SAYS: Got an absolute gem in Riley Collier-Dawkins and the scariest part - for the rest of the competition - is the tall and explosive midfielder likened to Marcus Bontempelli and Patrick Cripps hasn’t stopped growing yet.

Big-bodied midfielder Jack Ross is ready to go while running machine Fraser Turner is sure to keep Tigers wingmen Brandon Ellis and Kamdyn McIntosh honest.

Hard-working inside midfielder English, who won the 2017 Jack Clarke Medal as the best player in the WAFL Colts as a bottom-ager, has been compared to Brownlow Medallist Matt Priddis.

I hope he is a bit faster than Priddis, how he got a Brownlow is one of the great mysteries of life!

RICHMOND

Big-bodied midfielder Jack Ross is ready to go, while running machine Fraser Turner is sure to keep Tigers wingmen Brandon Ellis and Kamdyn McIntosh honest.

Hard-working inside midfielder English, who won the 2017 Jack Clarke Medal as the best player in the WAFL colts as a bottom-ager, has been compared to Brownlow Medallist Matt Priddis.
Matt Priddis!?!...Shirley Not...

Wanted Valente or O'Halloran at our first pick but stoked to get RCD, he won't be a kid we see early on but give him 12 months in our system and he'll be a beast heading into 2020. Champion Data describe him as a Wines Oliver Hopper Powell-Pepper type and if that turns out to be correct may not need to trade for Hopper next year.

Jack Ross I reckon will play early as the kid has a ready made body at 186cm & 85kg, Champion Data describe him as a Wines Mitchell Mundy Ward type of player, like RCD if he comes on as hoped again may not need to go after Hopper. These 2 shape as long term Cotchin Martin replacements in the midfield, which could then allow Cotchin and Martin to play forwards later in their careers.

Fraser Turner is a replacement for Grigg down the track and is one of the youngest if not the youngest kid taken in the draft as he is still 17. Champion Data compare him to Masten Ed Langdon Tucker and Tom Phillips, kid already has an AFL tank and will only improve in our system.

Luke English to me is the steal of the draft. Kid averaged 30 disposals a game at Colts level and despite his size is capable of winning his own footy. Described as a Swallow Dunstan Hutchings Ed Curnow type of player he'll no doubt earn a shot down the track.

As for the rookie pick ups, Townsend was always going to come back once interest in him waned and as mentioned previously the kids that we've brought in are going to need protection and Townsend will definitely do that as will Weller. Aarts has earned a crack having been one of the VFL sides most consistent players over the last 3 seasons, while Chol has clearly been told that this is his last chance to make it. At the stage he was taken in the rookie draft there weren't that many options for a ready to go ruck to be brought in.

Amazing reboot of our midfield, with mature bodies in the rookie list to give us immediate depth. Really good draft given our position.

And I know RCD is high risk very very high return. But what a steal!! He just looks a cut above in what he can do.

I hope he is a bit faster than Priddis, how he got a Brownlow is one of the great mysteries of life!

I see you, and raise you one Shane Woewodin

Shane Woewodin (Winner) Demons 24
Scott West Bulldogs 22
Andrew McLeod Crows 20
Anthony Koutoufides Blues 19
Brett Ratten Blues 18
Nathan Buckley Magpies 18
Michael O'Loughlin Swans 16
Michael Voss Lions 16
James Hird Bombers 16

Even more worrying is the calibre of player the BUMPIRES thought he was better than in 2000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see you, and raise you one Shane Woewodin

Shane Woewodin (Winner) Demons 24
Scott West Bulldogs 22
Andrew McLeod Crows 20
Anthony Koutoufides Blues 19
Brett Ratten Blues 18
Nathan Buckley Magpies 18
Michael O'Loughlin Swans 16
Michael Voss Lions 16
James Hird Bombers 16

Even more worrying is the calibre of player the BUMPIRES thought he was better than in 2000.
The umpires don't sit down at the end of the year and decide who was the best player, they vote every week on who were the best three in a game.

Also, Woewodin was on drugs.

The umpires don't sit down at the end of the year and decide who was the best player, they vote every week on who were the best three in a game.

Also, Woewodin was on drugs.

No s**t Sherlock. The comment was an obvious overview.

Looks like were
Wanted Valente or O'Halloran at our first pick but stoked to get RCD, he won't be a kid we see early on but give him 12 months in our system and he'll be a beast heading into 2020. Champion Data describe him as a Wines Oliver Hopper Powell-Pepper type and if that turns out to be correct may not need to trade for Hopper next year.

Jack Ross I reckon will play early as the kid has a ready made body at 186cm & 85kg, Champion Data describe him as a Wines Mitchell Mundy Ward type of player, like RCD if he comes on as hoped again may not need to go after Hopper. These 2 shape as long term Cotchin Martin replacements in the midfield, which could then allow Cotchin and Martin to play forwards later in their careers.

Fraser Turner is a replacement for Grigg down the track and is one of the youngest if not the youngest kid taken in the draft as he is still 17. Champion Data compare him to Masten Ed Langdon Tucker and Tom Phillips, kid already has an AFL tank and will only improve in our system.

Luke English to me is the steal of the draft. Kid averaged 30 disposals a game at Colts level and despite his size is capable of winning his own footy. Described as a Swallow Dunstan Hutchings Ed Curnow type of player he'll no doubt earn a shot down the track.

As for the rookie pick ups, Townsend was always going to come back once interest in him waned and as mentioned previously the kids that we've brought in are going to need protection and Townsend will definitely do that as will Weller. Aarts has earned a crack having been one of the VFL sides most consistent players over the last 3 seasons, while Chol has clearly been told that this is his last chance to make it. At the stage he was taken in the rookie draft there weren't that many options for a ready to go ruck to be brought in.

I agree with the English observation. Went a looked up his stats and looked at some limited vision. Hard as a cats head, great hands and although there appears to be a knock on his kicking, it’s definitely not a technique issue. Looks good.

Looks like were

I agree with the English observation. Went a looked up his stats and looked at some limited vision. Hard as a cats head, great hands and although there appears to be a knock on his kicking, it’s definitely not a technique issue. Looks good.

Yep after Valente (who was a massive slider), Bytel (subject to medical) and Hamill were all gone I was all in on English then Ross. Funny how things work out with Ross being taken well before English. I think it was a very happy draft all round.

I’m never allowed back on PRE but they have got to be kidding haven’t they?

It's PRE dude, they are probably still bitching that Jayden Post only needs 7 games in a row to be a gun

It's PRE dude, they are probably still bitching that Jayden Post only needs 7 games in a row to be a gun

PRe should just be called BaitNBan, after it's fearless, sorry, peeless leader.

In the post draft analysis it was mentioned that Ross hasn’t done a preseason the previous 2 years, which would go a fair way to explaining why he missed the u18 championships.
While RCD grew some rediculous amount in 6 months so spent a fair chunk of the season acclimatising to his new body.
Genuine reasons why they went later in the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back