List Mgmt. 2018 draft/Young Talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 2 WA boys in top 25. Im amazed with so little talent our u18 team doesn't get flogged by 100 points every game. Underrated as usual by media draft watchers.

While not good for WA kids it gives us opportunities to pick up good players later in the draft.

Except we don't have any picks later in the draft (more like picks at the end).

Clark looks very good to me, Joyce is a hidden top 20 because of injury, Hill has some really good attributes, English consistent, whilst Stack, Cameron and Smallwood are all promising as small forwards. O'Reilly has potential, and then you are looking at our NGAs in Carter and Medhat who have had their moments.

So decent numbers that might get drafted, but not too many at the pointy end.

Is Medhat Freos equivalent of Vic bias towards Vic kids?

Ie we rate because we are aware of him?

I hope he makes and like his highlights package but I never hear anything about him except hear.
I hadn't seen him play until the champs this year. He was much better than I thought he'd be.

I don't think he is top 20 material, but he has tools.

For the life of me how are Hawthorn able to pull of all these moves with not much in picks and keeping under the salary cap?

S Mitchell Hodge Lewis and Rioli exits freed up some but the O Meara and Mitchell contracts would be huge and renewed contracts of others last year and this year surely putting pressure on their salary cap.

Players take unders to go there.

If we get Lobb then it looks unlikely that we'd go after either of the Kings which is a shame because they look like natural forwards and getting both could have set up our spine for the next decade.

The alternative of getting Rankine, Smith et al is an attractive fall back option though.

If we get Lobb then it looks unlikely that we'd go after either of the Kings which is a shame because they look like natural forwards and getting both could have set up our spine for the next decade.

The alternative of getting Rankine, Smith et al is an attractive fall back option though.
Fall back option? I am really not sold on the need for A grade tall forwards, but the need for A grade midfielders is much more certain.

Fall back option? I am really not sold on the need for A grade tall forwards, but the need for A grade midfielders is much more certain.
Each to their own I guess, it would be nice to have at least one A grade tall forward. You could argue that we are better stocked for A grade midfielders already with Fyfye, Blakely, Cerra and Brayshaw.

Each to their own I guess, it would be nice to have at least one A grade tall forward. You could argue that we are better stocked for A grade midfielders already with Fyfye, Blakely, Cerra and Brayshaw.

Spot on. Quality forwards should be the first priority. It’s been obvious so far in the finals how valuable they are to winning, especially tight contests.

Our low i50 count at times suggests that our midfield is not a finished product. The level of forward efficiency we need to counter that is not sustainable for a productive season, I wouldn't have thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe and Neale are currently our only A grade mids. Rest have potential to be A Grade.
Sure Cerra (pick 5) and Brayshaw (pick 2) have potential to become A grade just like which ever midfielders we get in this draft has the potential to become A grade with our pick 5 and possibly pick 4.
Gav's post was getting A grade mids before A grade tall forwards we have absolutely zero A grade tall forwards

If we had a better midfield it would make our forwards look a lot better.

Our connection is poor with only Mundy being an outstanding kick.

Imagine if we could get another mid to deliver it lace out. That would make it much easier for our young forwards.

Buddy would struggle in our forward line.

We desperately need better kicking from our mids.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sure Cerra (pick 5) and Brayshaw (pick 2) have potential to become A grade just like which ever midfielders we get in this draft has the potential to become A grade with our pick 5 and possibly pick 4.
Gav's post was getting A grade mids before A grade tall forwards we have absolutely zero A grade tall forwards

Yep agree, no A grade tall or medium forwards.
I’d rate Walters as an A grade small forward.

Watch us give up 5 to get Lobb - who then spuds it up because frankly, he isn't that good while both Kings go on to kick 500 goals.
Whilst gun forwards are not essential you only need to look down the road to see what can happen when you have them.

Eagles haven't lost all year with JJK and Darling in the team.

Watch us give up 5 to get Lobb - who then spuds it up because frankly, he isn't that good while both Kings go on to kick 500 goals.

Whilst gun forwards are not essential you only need to look down the road to see what can happen when you have them.

Eagles haven't lost all year with JJK and Darling in the team.
Coach to your list strength, rather than force a style, game not suited to what is available. Simpson loses players
to injury and adapts.
We lose players and plan A is stuffed.
WC don't just draft one forward, cross fingers, since 2015 Rioli, Ryan, Brander, Allen, Venerables, Waterman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back