List Mgmt. 2018 draft/Young Talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

Brandon listed as 182 cm and late birthdays in 2002 so they'll just be finishing Yr 12 in draft year, giving time to grow. The 16's play outstanding football as a team (saw the last practice match against State WAAFL colts) and there is quite a bit of talent coming through in my opinion. Want a forward? Logan McDonald from Perth at 190 cm, 6 goals in the win against Vic metro and a couple of good ones in the close loss to SA must be opening eyes.
Logan had an okay carnival but plays forward because of his size and ability to move well. He is actually better as a midfielder who pinch hits forward.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

KM reckons there's early interest in Max King by Freo.
The bloke that did his knee?
The bloke that did his knee and is a Vic Metro boy?
The bloke that did his knee and is a Vic Metro boy and is a St Kilda supporter?
The bloke that did his knee and is a Vic Metro boy and is a St Kilda supporter and is doing his rehab at St Kilda FC?

That bloke?

Oh Boy Wowee.

I hope we get him just for the utter shitfight between our boards.

Not gonna lie, either King is the last thing I want us to pick up, especially Max. Won't be useful till Fyfe is all but done, will almost certainly leave by then anyway.

If we want to actually compete in 3 years we back in Tabs and Cox and get in a fwd/mid with class. Rankine would be the dream but will likely need to be creative to get him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would also like to add that Knightmare never has any idea who we take so it's not a big deal
Knightmare has NFI. He tried to tell me last year that we would draft a few general defenders because we had enough forwards but needed defenders :drunk:

We drafted Dixon, Switta, Crowden who all played significant forward and ZERO defenders. We still don't have enough forwards either.
IMO there is zero chance that we pick Max King with our first pick even if he happens to be available.
Is it a knee thing or because we rate our forwards (or something else)?
Probs go for a WA boy this time wouldn't we?
Hill maybe, or is 6 or 7 too early for him ?
I don't reckon iHill is worth pick 7 and no other WA boys are near the top 10 since Joyce got injured.

I strongly suspect our first wont be a WA boy this year.

Big mid or Hill is what we should be going for. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlton trade there first to try and secure the 2 kings with early picks

Probs go for a WA boy this time wouldn't we?
Hill maybe, or is 6 or 7 too early for him ?
I would have thought too early for Hill, I think we'll go for another genuine mid, our draft strategy for our first 2 picks at least, seems to centre around the midfield. FWIW I think Hill is light years from playing midfield at AFL level.

Pick 13 - Lachie Weller
Pick 34 - Connor Blakely

Pick 27 - Darcy Tucker
Pick 38 - Harley Balic

Pick 8 - Griffin Logue
Pick 38 - Sean Darcy

Pick 2 - Andrew Brayshaw
Pick 5 - Adam Cerra

Big mid or Hill is what we should be going for. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlton trade there first to try and secure the 2 kings with early picks
Absolutely no chance Carlton drafts both Kings. They have squillions of KPD (and a few are actually good/talented) plus Charlie and McKay. I could see them drafting 1 to play forward if they rate above JL, but certainly not both.

I think we need an explosive mid way more than just a big body. Point of difference. The hope is Smith falls to us somehow.

Is it a knee thing or because we rate our forwards (or something else)?
No, not a knee thing, I think we will back in our forwards and we'll do our best to add O'Reilly to the list if we believe we can get him where we rate him as we won't want another McGovern situation to occur. And I believe he is on our radar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back