List Mgmt. 2018 draft/Young Talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

No, not a knee thing, I think we will back in our forwards and we'll do our best to add O'Reilly to the list if we believe we can get him where we rate him as we won't want another McGovern situation to occur. And I believe he is on our radar.
Fair enough. I have no problem with backing our current stocks.

O'Reilly is interesting. You couldn't blame us about this one (unless we pass over him in the ND) because we have no priority access. Seemed draftable but not outstanding in the champs.
I don't think Rowe, Jones, Silvani etc will be part of their finals aspiring team.
100% agree with that.

Marchbank, Plowman and Weitering have significantly more promise though. Marchbank is already good.

Their midfield and forwardline are much more terrible than their defense.

Marchbank, Plowman and Weitering have significantly more promise though. Marchbank is already good.
I think that sorts their 1st, 3rd and 4th defender positions.

Docherty, Weitering, (Elite ball using Junior who wins the rising star)
Plowman, (elite key back), Marchbank

Knightmare has NFI. He tried to tell me last year that we would draft a few general defenders because we had enough forwards but needed defenders :drunk:

We drafted Dixon, Switta, Crowden who all played significant forward and ZERO defenders. We still don't have enough forwards either.

Is it a knee thing or because we rate our forwards (or something else)?

I don't reckon iHill is worth pick 7 and no other WA boys are near the top 10 since Joyce got injured.

I strongly suspect our first wont be a WA boy this year.
Yeah I remember that, also thinks Pearce is a spud

I think that sorts their 1st, 3rd and 4th defender positions.

Docherty, Weitering, (Elite ball using Junior who wins the rising star)
Plowman, (elite key back), Marchbank
You can't play those 3 AND King. Fast forward lines would kill them.

Yeah I remember that, also thinks Pearce is a spud
The part that really irritates me is the fact that he clearly drinks his own bath water (not all his fault, most BF fans that visit the DT&FA board drool at his feet despite the fact that he is easily the least capable of the regular contributors - Biship, Chris, DPS, SliceofPie etc) and is too cowardly to admit he is wrong. Will literally argue anything even in the presence of overwhelming evidence.

Gives simplistic profiles with likening to gun players so that all fans go away thinking "oh wow, we smashed that draft, KM thinks that spud we will delist in 2 years plays like Judd".

On topic - team Smith at this stage but since that is unlikely I am all for Rozee. Not expecting Rankine to be an option for us.

At some stage we will need to pull the trigger on a key fwd. So if we rate them at our pick we should take one (King M or B). If the club think they (Kings) will be no better than Lobb then lets get him with a future pick trade and get another class midfielder/fwd in this draft. I'd rather work with Dixon, Tabs and Lobb and hope one works out. Lobb's form last year was excellent, this yr it just looks like his heart is not in it.

At some stage we will need to pull the trigger on a key fwd. So if we rate them at our pick we should take one (King M or B). If the club think they (Kings) will be no better than Lobb then lets get him with a future pick trade and get another class midfielder/fwd in this draft. I'd rather work with Dixon, Tabs and Lobb and hope one works out. Lobb's form last year was excellent, this yr it just looks like his heart is not in it.

SHould we?

Taberner, Dixon and Cox is ok to me. Jones and Darcy both show a little bit forward too.
I think we're still light on goal scoring smalls/midsize forwards and also inside/outside mids. Even a bull inside mid with Mundy coming the end.

Carter covers the running backs. Medhat is interesting.
His 3 goal game showed some forward promise.

With 6 I'd prefer Rankine/Smith/Rozee I think

It really wasn't. He kick 17 goals in 20 games. 2016 is the year everyone bases their high opinion on and even then he only kicked 29 goals in 24 games.

Lobb is not in any way the answer to our forward line issues. I genuinely believe Cox is already a better forward and Tabs is at least his equal (and I would argue is superior).

His value is in being the 2nd ruck and good contested mark around the ground. We drafted Jones and already have Apeness and Stranadica. He is better than them but at what cost?

Pretty sure the King boys are on another level of talent compared to Lobb. Obviously Max's knee is a problem but if we think we still need a KPF then we need to take one of those boys not Lobb. He has whipping boy written all over him if he comes here.

I was thinking the other day watching us:
Jones/Darcy Cox Switkowski
Walters Taberner Bennell

Does a lot for me
Yes the structure is good. Jury is obviously still out on Jones, Switta and Bennell but in theory it could work very well.

Cox and Tabs are easily good enough contested marks and resting ruck keeps a defender busy at least. I think it is important that the resting ruck can apply pressure (Darcy :heavycheck:) but why I don't rate Lobb for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough all your points have merit, just feel that we are constantly hoping for a quality key forward and now that one is a chance of being drafted we baulk. Ideal pick would be a Hogan type but that does not appear likely. The Kings have risk, no doubt, but they sound like quality. At the moment we Cox as a CHF (does look good & long term) and then hope. Dixson sounds like he is a chance but we really have no idea. Tabs, well we have only seen flashes of possibility (injury obviously robbed him this year). Ape is still unknown and is certainly a risk. Jones is not going to make it IMO. If the recruiters rate the Kings as the best at our pick then we should pull the trigger. If not we take best available and smile if its Rankine, Smith or Walsh.

Agree Lobb is a good 2nd ruck (not a true KPF) but a good, mobile, marketing target and difficult match-up. I recon we could get him for unders as you get the feeling he signed for a flag, that aint coming this year and he really wants out of dodge. I do not know the stats but the 2017 mid-season games when all the trade talk was on he show'd plenty over a 6-8 game stretch. I'd take him over Tab's but in the end will come down to cost, opportunity and $.

In saying all this Nads or Meek will probably get the RS this week on debut, kicking 3 on Hurley.

Fair enough all your points have merit, just feel that we are constantly hoping for a quality key forward and now that one is a chance of being drafted we baulk. Ideal pick would be a Hogan type but that does not appear likely. The Kings have risk, no doubt, but they sound like quality. At the moment we Cox as a CHF (does look good & long term) and then hope. Dixson sounds like he is a chance but we really have no idea. Tabs, well we have only seen flashes of possibility (injury obviously robbed him this year). Ape is still unknown and is certainly a risk. Jones is not going to make it IMO. If the recruiters rate the Kings as the best at our pick then we should pull the trigger. If not we take best available and smile if its Rankine, Smith or Walsh.

Agree Lobb is a good 2nd ruck (not a true KPF) but a good, mobile, marketing target and difficult match-up. I recon we could get him for unders as you get the feeling he signed for a flag, that aint coming this year and he really wants out of dodge. I do not know the stats but the 2017 mid-season games when all the trade talk was on he show'd plenty over a 6-8 game stretch. I'd take him over Tab's but in the end will come down to cost, opportunity and $.

In saying all this Nads or Meek will probably get the RS this week on debut, kicking 3 on Hurley.
I hear what you are saying. I won't freak out if we select a King. I'll be nervous as f*** until they re-sign and if it is Max forever because of his knee. I would understand the rationale in selecting them though.

Can you image if we pass on one or both of them and they become absolute gun forwards? I'd deactivate my account because it would be tortuous despite the fact nobody here wants them now.

I'll come clean: I secretly hope we select Max because in my head we only do that if we think he will stay and his knee is ok. Regardless of whether that is true or not, none of the players available to us excite me as much as he does (I assume JL and Rankine will be gone).

I hear what you are saying. I won't freak out if we select a King. I'll be nervous as f*** until they re-sign and if it is Max forever because of his knee. I would understand the rationale in selecting them though.

Can you image if we pass on one or both of them and they become absolute gun forwards? I'd deactivate my account because it would be tortuous despite the fact nobody here wants them now.

I'll come clean: I secretly hope we select Max because in my head we only do that if we think he will stay and his knee is ok. Regardless of whether that is true or not, none of the players available to us excite me as much as he does (I assume JL and Rankine will be gone).
Sounds like FOMO crossed with a hoarder

"i want this just in case i ever need it, and dont want someone else to have it in case it turns out to be good'

For me it's not the case of not wanting either of the Kings, far from it actually I would love one or both on our list, Max at full forward and Ben at CHB but I am realistic on what our draft experts look for and I don't think either of them fit the bill. Both would take a few years to fill out, but they are very talented that they could still play 20 kgs under key position weight and have an impact IMO.

Sounds like FOMO crossed with a hoarder

"i want this just in case i ever need it, and dont want someone else to have it in case it turns out to be good'

Got it in one :p

For me it's not the case of not wanting either of the Kings, far from it actually I would love one or both on our list, Max at full forward and Ben at CHB but I am realistic on what our draft experts look for and I don't think either of them fit the bill. Both would take a few years to fill out, but they are very talented that they could still play 20 kgs under key position weight and have an impact IMO.
The turn off is as you say the time to develop. Mainly because their best is not likely to occur anywhere near Fyfe's. Although as you say, if they are as good as they look/are reported they may make a difference sooner rather than later.

Even if they don't help a lot in the next 3-4 years, the club will go on after Fyfe.

Aren’t some peoples knees genetically pre disposed to ACL due to their ligament structure??

I would be looking at both kings with the same lense. If there is a genetic issue then the other is a ticking time bomb

Aren’t some peoples knees genetically pre disposed to ACL due to their ligament structure??

I would be looking at both kings with the same lense. If there is a genetic issue then the other is a ticking time bomb
Max tried to wrap his leg around a goal post, didn't he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back