List Mgmt. 2018 draft/Young Talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting from Knightmare earlier in the year.

Tom Joyce (WA)

Best position: Midfield/defence
Height, weight: 180cm, 68kg
Recruited from: East Fremantle
Projected draft range: 10-30
Similar to: Lachie Neale
Rationale: Small midfielder who made a name for himself during the Under-18 Championships as one of the key midfield pieces who got the ball moving.
Strengths:
-Contested ball-winning
-Production
-Competitiveness in close
-Clean skills
-Sound decision maker who is composed with ball in hand
-Takes on the game
-Pace
Weaknesses:
-Size

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Joyce is an interesting one, he divides opinion. Some really rate him, others can see his limitations, he's been described by some State 18's selectors as a small Priddis. Elite handball and in and under but has very little penetration with his kicking.

You mean like Lachie Neale. Bit of a like for like replacement maybe!

I think our main focuses in this draft should be mid/half forwards and small forwards as well as mature agers, ideally something like

Pick 14: Ian Hill/Liam Stocker/Jordan Clark
Pick 31: Sydney Stack/Edward McHenry/Luke English
Pick 43: Tom Joyce/Luke Foley/Marlion Pickett
Pick 65: Jye Bolton/VFL Mature Ager/Luke Moore
Pick 81: One of Carter and Medhat if we can fit them on the senior list

As for the rookie draft, a good tall defender would be nice, as well as the left over one of Carter and Medhat

Interesting from Knightmare earlier in the year.

Tom Joyce (WA)

Best position: Midfield/defence
Height, weight: 180cm, 68kg
Recruited from: East Fremantle
Projected draft range: 10-30
Similar to: Lachie Neale
Rationale: Small midfielder who made a name for himself during the Under-18 Championships as one of the key midfield pieces who got the ball moving.
Strengths:
-Contested ball-winning
-Production
-Competitiveness in close

-Clean skills
-Sound decision maker who is composed with ball in hand
-Takes on the game
-Pace
Weaknesses:
-Size

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with the bolded but Joyce does not have pace, that along with his size is the big knock on him.

Can you expand on this, I’ve not seen a lot of Joyce, obviously seen a lot of Neale.
IMO Lachie has much more depth with his kicking. We've seen him kick goals from outside 50m before, I just haven't seen that in Joyce, and certainly not in any state games he's played in. He's a tough in and under and had a really solid carnival as a bottom-ager last year.

Hmm, probably don't need O'reilly now but have the picks to get him, do we pass on the father/son?

(obvs not actual f/s but basically)

I’m going to still look at O’reilly... no pressure, let him develop in the 2’s with Dixon, maybe allow Cox to permanently move back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does marlion pickett go in the draft? Had slightly better stats than kelly from last year and won their b and f, would love if we got him into our mids.

do freo fans like the idea of taking all the WA talent first. what do you think freo could do with the draft picks

Surely we would be into matthew parker too kicked 39 goals we need that mid sized forward with pace.

There’s only a couple I’d look at from WAFL. Parker and Michael Bennell.

14 and 31 we need small forwards.

Hill and a slider like Butters would be brilliant.

Who’s the best inside mid we can get at pick 14?

I’d imagine requisites / prioritisation -

- Inside mid
- great work ethic
- WA boy

I think our main focuses in this draft should be mid/half forwards and small forwards as well as mature agers, ideally something like

Pick 14: Ian Hill/Liam Stocker/Jordan Clark
Pick 31: Sydney Stack/Edward McHenry/Luke English
Pick 43: Tom Joyce/Luke Foley/Marlion Pickett
Pick 65: Jye Bolton/VFL Mature Ager/Luke Moore
Pick 81: One of Carter and Medhat if we can fit them on the senior list

As for the rookie draft, a good tall defender would be nice, as well as the left over one of Carter and Medhat
do you know about where they are from vic metro/country etc

Jackson Hately

POS: Midfielder
Ht 190cm, Wt 81kg, DOB 21/10/00
From Central District/South Australia
September ranking: 10

The big-bodied midfielder had a consistent season for Central District and in the under-18s for South Australia, and has pushed himself into first-round calculations because of it. Hately averaged 24 disposals a game in Central's reserves, and 23 disposals for the SA side that won the division one title, and also featured in some strong performances for the senior side.

This guy. SA kid (Neale) for an SA kid.

Hope he slides!

Liam Stocker

Ht 183cm, Wt 83kg, DOB 23/1/00
From Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
September ranking: 20

The Sandringham Dragon's stocks rose as the year went on, as he returned from a broken jaw to play some very strong footy towards the end of the season. The hard-working, strong-bodied and ball-finding midfielder won the Morrish Medal as the best player in the TAC Cup for his efforts. He kicks the ball well on both feet, is tough and mature and has the mindset to be playing AFL footy next year. Missed the Combine with a shoulder injury that he played with late in the season.

Will be available

Jackson Hately

Ht 190cm, Wt 81kg, DOB 21/10/00
From Central District/South Australia
September ranking: 10

The big-bodied midfielder had a consistent season for Central District and in the under-18s for South Australia, and has pushed himself into first-round calculations because of it. Hately averaged 24 disposals a game in Central's reserves, and 23 disposals for the SA side that won the division one title, and also featured in some strong performances for the senior side.

This guy. SA kid (Neale) for an SA kid.

Hope he slides!

I'm afraid he is too good to fall to freo. other club will see his size and talent first. but looks good if he does. what do you think of using the first pick on hill, he may not last til 2nd round. my preference is WA first, country either VIC or SA next, metro for sake of retention

Remove this Banner Ad

Back