List Mgmt. 2018 draft/Young Talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

Carter – 20m: 2.87 agility: 8.28 yoyo: 20.60
Medhat – 20m: 3.03 agility: 8.21 yoyo: 20.80
Most surprising is Medhat's agility, he looked agile but that result would have put him 3rd at the national combine

I like the look of Medhat, I suspect we will need to match for him as I'm sure other clubs will bid late on him, unless there is a gentlemans agreement not to bid on late NGA players.

Not expecting a bid for Medhat at all. I'm still not convinced we are even going to rookie list him but I hope we do.

That's interesting, I thought Carter would be the one to not worry about. I thought I read earlier in the year some other teams had eyes on Medhat. I think we might rookie both no sweat.

I wouldn’t mind us using one of our picks in the 20’s on Perth’s English. A nice sized contested ball winner that can also hit the scoreboard. Also wouldn’t mind us taking a chance on east freos Tom Joyce. I really think we need to nail our later picks this year as well to create depth in the midfield moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t mind us using one of our picks in the 20’s on Perth’s English. A nice sized contested ball winner that can also hit the scoreboard. Also wouldn’t mind us taking a chance on east freos Tom Joyce. I really think we need to nail our later picks this year as well to create depth in the midfield moving forward.

I think Joyce >> English in nearly every department and I would switch around in priority. Joyce has the potential to be the next Luke Parker; there is nothing specifically spectacular about him but he is footballer through and through and can play a variety of roles. He could go anywhere through to from the 20s to the pick 40s.

I think Joyce >> English in nearly every department and I would switch around in priority. Joyce has the potential to be the next Luke Parker; there is nothing specifically spectacular about him but he is footballer through and through and can play a variety of roles. He could go anywhere through to from the 20s to the pick 40s.
Maybe but Joyce only manages to play 3 games this year due to injury but had he been fit would have more than likely been the captain for WA. His height may also see him slide as he is only 179cm but yes he is a very good contested ball winner that has pace. He doesn’t do a lot of flashy things but he just continues to win the ball.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sydney Stack slid into the 3rd round.
Or even further & the scum pick him up. Next thing you know he becomes a star & any transgressions are swept under the carpet by the adoring WA media

Pick 14 sets us up beautifully to grab Jordan Clarke, Liam Stocker or Jye Caldwell
Pick 31 - can't really see us going for O'Reilly with Lobb and Hogan in now, but a another midfielder or small forward.
Pick 43 - ???
Pick 65 - I'd go for a player like Ben Sokol, who has had a great 3 or 4 years since moving to Subi.

Hopefully pick up Medhat and Carter in rookie draft, although we may need to use them in the main draft.

I see our needs now more than ever as a inside Midfielder, smart crumbing small forwards. Clarke or Stocker with 14, then like Sturt or iHill with 31, Joyce might also be about with 43.

I really don't want Caldwell. 2 moderately serious hamstring injuries as an 18 year old for a bloke whose asset, among others, is his speed. However I haven't really followed much.

Stocker/Clark/Hill would be great.

Would love 31/43 to go on some of the mid range WA kids. Foley, Joyce, English etc.

O'Reilly is probably a no now, unless we want to throw him down back - i've not seen enough of him to know if that would work.

Pick 31 - can't really see us going for O'Reilly with Lobb and Hogan in now.

Some Father/Son romance that we should have been entitled to?

Besides, it let's him develop for 4 years. That pushes Tabs out to 29, Lobb and Hogan in their mid to late 20s, so insurance on those 3, also given that Talls take so long, it let's us prepare our future team from 2022 to 2032 or something.

Joyce is an interesting one, he divides opinion. Some really rate him, others can see his limitations, he's been described by some State 18's selectors as a small Priddis. Elite handball and in and under but has very little penetration with his kicking.

Pick 14 sets us up beautifully to grab Jordan Clarke, Liam Stocker or Jye Caldwell
Pick 31 - can't really see us going for O'Reilly with Lobb and Hogan in now, but a another midfielder or small forward.
Pick 43 - ???
Pick 65 - I'd go for a player like Ben Sokol, who has had a great 3 or 4 years since moving to Subi.

Hopefully pick up Medhat and Carter in rookie draft, although we may need to use them in the main draft.

What are your thoughts on Luke Foley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back