World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Round of 16-COLOMBIA V ENGLAND

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly both teams were piss poor, though England looked most likely to score. This game got into the Columbians head, as evident by 7 players conceding a yellow card. Their attacking was woeful and turned it over each time they attacked. Only came to life in the final 10 minutes as they finally woke up and realized they need a goal badly. Missed Rodriguez out there. And then England be England and piss the win away with two minutes left. Columbia didn't even try to go for the win in extra time, sat back and let England give it all to them. Sadly for them the Penalty shoot out didn't go their way. England deserving winners as they were just a touch better in general.

What is the rule there?

For me, it shouldn't be a choice. If the FKWs in the VAR booth think there is doubt the ref has got to stop the play and have a look at the TV.

I'm not so sure it was a red but the ref should have had a look at the tv and made his decision.

im confused about the rules.
The ref was literally right in front of the incident and he calls a yellow card.

Is making quarter finals considered about what was an acceptable achievement by England with any further progression a bonus?
to be fair i would say that is over achieving with that squad

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southgate has done a great job making this young squad more mentally strong but he's got to do something about Dele Alli and Sterling. Sterling is playing a role behind Kane that Dele is used to & Dele is running around like Jermaine Jenas doing little bits here and there. He isn't going to get the best out of either of them with both on together

Was Dier that bad, I didn’t notice him so I suppose that’s bad. I hardly noticed Lingard either and Sterling I did notice because he was monumentally s**t.

I hope Southgate gets some stick because all in all it was an unacceptable performance, but it usually is with us (that’s England to you dopey campaigners who haven’t worked it out)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Dier that bad, I didn’t notice him so I suppose that’s bad. I hardly noticed Lingard either and Sterling I did notice because he was monumentally s**t.

I’m just glad we beat those campaigners because they were filthy ******s. **** off back to your South American slums you campaigners.

I hope Southgate gets some stick because all in all it was an unacceptable performance, but it usually is with us (that’s England to you dopey campaigners who haven’t worked it out)
Dier hit one awful long ball that's about all he did of note. The whole side looked ordinary and rely on Kane to be creator and finisher. Penny for your thoughts when Walker had his customary * up?

Southgate has done a great job making this young squad more mentally strong but he's got to do something about Dele Alli and Sterling. Sterling is playing a role behind Kane that Dele is used to & Dele is running around like Jermaine Jenas doing little bits here and there. He isn't going to get the best out of either of them with both on together
Sterling and Lingard did very little of note this morning.

Id play Alli and Rashford wide of Kane.
Try to get a similar setup to that of France with Griez, Giroud and Mbappe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back