World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Round of 16-COLOMBIA V ENGLAND

Remove this Banner Ad

that was the 80s & 90s.

it'd be worse to have a monumental **** up if you're mexican these days.

Up until just a few years ago Colombia were still world’s biggest coacaine producer.

Carlos Sanchez received death threats for his third minute send off against Japan.

Yeah Mexico’s pretty bad, maybe cartels aren’t as big soccer fans

Colombia being a real threat in this match and progression further into the tourney depends on James being fit, not just making up the starting 11. I read a stat that 10 of the last 14 Colombia goals involved James in some capacity. He's the lynch pin.

England definitely the faves here and to make it through to the final from the bottom half. I'd go as far as to say now that without Germany (usually win their groups and would've been on this side of the draw) or Spain in their road, they have to be odds-on to play off for the trophy. Anything less is a failure, and a massive wasted opportunity.

I wouldn’t say we’re guaranteed a final spot and I don’t think it would be regarded as a failure if we didn’t get there. This World Cup has offered up repeated lessons of the dangers of underestimating the so-called weaker teams. It would be unwise on our part to assume either Switzerland or Sweden would be a walk in the part, assuming we even get by Colombia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colombia seem less James-reliant in 2018 compared to 2014, I think they can cover his absence and still grab a win, this is one of the more salivating matches of the tournament to date. A relatively likeable England and fun Colombian side, both brimming with attacking IQ, free-flowing hopefully.

This is gong to be tough. Japan pushed Belgium all the way while Colombia were the better side against japan even though they had 10 men. No one thought this game would be easy but my gut feeling is it will be harder than imagined.

James to miss out and England to win 2-0 in normal time.

Big Harry MacGuire to go Boomers on Falcao at corners and the Colombians to try to swap places with the boys in the Thai cave after they lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colombia played and qualified in arguably the toughest region with Argentina and Brazil. They'll be tough to beat tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back