NFL 2018 Head Coach/ OC/DC & GM News

Remove this Banner Ad

I hadn't realised the Seahawks had hired Brian Schottenheimer to be their new OC. I feel sorry for Russell Wilson. Schottenheimer is an unimaginative playcaller who has had two mediocre stints as OC with the Jets and the Rams on his resume. Surely the Seahawks could have found someone better.

Apparently Carroll wants to move towards a more run-oriented offence. Rex Ryan had little interest in the offence during his tenure as Jets head coach, so Schottenheimer was given the keys to run the offence as he saw fit. The Jets were ranked first in rushing in 2008, but fell to between 19th and 22nd in 2010 and 2011. The Rams were 19th, 19th and 20th in rushing under Schottenheimer in the three years he was offensive coordinator there.

The Jets had the best o-line in football in Ryan's first year as head coach (Damien Woody, Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Matt Slauson would have been the starters, from memory), so that would have done wonders for the running game. The o-line deteriorated with the retirements of Woody and Faneca and the departure of Slauson over the next few years, so the running game declined.

Unless the Seahawks are able to revamp their o-line in the off-season, I wouldn't be expecting a lot from Schottenheimer.

Maybe they are now waiting to find a new owner first?

They have held interviews, 5 candidates last month.

Before Richardson went on his sexual predator rampage we were still searching, i mean Cleveland fired Brown and had the position filled within a week with Dorsey.

8 months to fill the position with a full time GM, 8 MONTHS, ridiculous.

They have held interviews, 5 candidates last month.

Before Richardson went on his sexual predator rampage we were still searching, i mean Cleveland fired Brown and had the position filled within a week with Dorsey.

8 months to fill the position with a full time GM, 8 MONTHS, ridiculous.

Finding an older guy that can dab with some style isn't easy.

He beat Rodgers two season before that when he wasn't rusty in a 30+ game for both teams. Game winning drive vs the Pats late in the fourth quarter two seasons before that.

After the Pats game this year he played his best of the year actually, vs Detroit on the road.

I do admit he has plenty of faults, like I've said plenty of times before I'm no Cam lover, his media performances are generally shite and his play is too inconsistent. Im far from convinced about his as a leader..

But lets not forget he had shoulder surgery on his throwing arm last offseason and played out the season before that from December with said shoulder injury, also had two concussions in that same season. We give Carr a pass coming off knee surgery last year (throwing shoulder is more important to a QB i would say)

You saw in the Saints game what he is capable off, no coincidence that it was the first time all year he had a healthy Greg Olsen to throw to.

He had the most rushing yards for us this past year (further proof of how s**t Shula really is as an OC) and has most rushing TDs by a QB in NFL history.

He's far from perfect but what help has he been given with personal? He isn't a top 5 QB or anything, I'm well aware of that, but give him a genuine #1 WR and a running game with the same output over the past two years and you can tee off all you want.

Yeah well, still not sure what you were getting at with Brady/Rodgers, he won a game against their teams, big deal. Cutler won against Pats this year. Newton is 1-3 against Bears, big deal.

Yeah better receiver how inaccurate has he been? Brady won SB without Gronk, point being he hasn’t exactly been surrounded by elite supporting cast. Rodgers has had bugger all help in running game.

Yeah well, still not sure what you were getting at with Brady/Rodgers, he won a game against their teams, big deal. Cutler won against Pats this year. Newton is 1-3 against Bears, big deal.

Yeah better receiver how inaccurate has he been? Brady won SB without Gronk, point being he hasn’t exactly been surrounded by elite supporting cast. Rodgers has had bugger all help in running game.

And I'm not saying he's better than Rodgers or Brady, but your post proves my point, we give excuses to plenty of other QBs, Newton rarely gets given the same outs though.

He's never been an accurate QB and never will be, if your only looking at accuracy as far as what he means to the team then you will never get it. It would be like me saying why can't Brees or Brady run for more TDs? To dismiss what he can do as a goal line runner is unfair.

I agree with what you're saying in regards to record vs someone like the Bears, thats another knock i have on him, he plays better when he is up against great competition but plays down against teams like the Bears. No excuse for that. And thats why he isn't elite, the good QBs dont play down to their competition.

Brady has always struggled to win games in Miami for one reason or another, at least recently.

Again dont think for a second i think he's a top 5 QB or even top 10, he's not, but you can win with him in the NFL, back to what i originally started this whole conversation about him with, Shula coat tailed off Cam and damn near ran him into the ground over the past few seasons. Offensive genius? Never. A fraud who lacks creativity more like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back