Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Taberner has gone home for a bit, noticed this year that any player with a longer term injury eg 5-6 weeks gets to go home

Have we done this in the past?

I can't think of any recent examples of the top of my head but I like it. Good for the player and shows confidence / trust by the club. Dixon and Taberner this year, I wonder if Giro went back earlier?

Taberner has gone home for a bit, noticed this year that any player with a longer term injury eg 5-6 weeks gets to go home

He lives in the Victorian Alps, hope he doesn't attempt any skiing.

It's quite standard, players are entitled to time off each year so those who are injured in the season have that time off while on recovery so they can spend the off season with the club building for a better next season.

It's been done before. I believe it's usually left up to the player themselves. Seems to be happening more often these days, perhaps the club is more actively encouraging it.

Which player went to the Olympic or Commonwealth games a few years ago during the season during his long term injury stint?

Can't remember, but GAblett springs to mind. He used to get a bit of flack when he would go off on junkets or back to Melb/Geelong when he was on his numerous injury periods. Thinking being he should be around the club more as captain etc. given part of the 'encouragement' the AFL gave to having Garry up there and as captain was to be the face of the club etc.

His was a particular case though, reckon it's good for the younger players especially to go where they feel they will be in the best place both mentally and physically to recover from LTIs.

Which player went to the Olympic or Commonwealth games a few years ago during the season during his long term injury stint?
Paul Haselby. Went to the Beijing Olympics when he was injured and the West/Crumpet Face media absolutely roasted him for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explains Hill’s lack of form (maybe).

Would love Sonny back for North as I’m taking the whole family.

In other news my least three favourite letters of the year consist of ‘TBA’

Actually it's probably going to be Sherro and he'll likely play in defence. Does that sound better?

46420.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back