2018 Mid-pricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get it everyday for free :thumbsu:
iu

A left-field option is Ben Jacobs, who is fit and ready to go after 2 years out as a minor cash cow at 200k. Tagger/inside mid, so probably anywhere from 50-80 SC range, depending on how much free reign he'll get.

All these people banging on about Birchall... isn't he injured? As in, he had January knee surgery??
SC Rule 105 ......only pick players who've completed a full PS

All these people banging on about Birchall... isn't he injured? As in, he had January knee surgery??
Expected to be back running by Feb. Not sure how he's progressing, but will likely pass unless he performs well in the preseason games. Should be good for a 80-85 average if he can get on the park. Still on my watchlist as a higher priced cash cow, or depending on how many Def rookies show up.

McLean,Wood, O'Meara, Lycett, Christensen.
McLean has taken Dahl's midfield spot because of his pace. Tough, skillful, can score, still gets free kicks in forward 50.
Wood had ankle soreness, short preseason last year. Back as captain. A nice stepping stone
Jaeger killing it at training. Seems sound, won yo yo test, showing dash in match sims.
Christensen. A lock if sound. Very attractively priced, proven performer.

Until this years Greenwood, Witherden & Ryan equivalents stand up these stand to make as much cash as most rookies whilst scoring 20+ extra points a round.

What are everyone's thoughts on Paul Seedsman? One of the more interesting propositions in that mid pricer category. Injury obviously limited his game time in '17 but has shown an ability to score.

The other really glaringly obvious mid pricer in defence is Grant Birchall. At $277,100 he is an absolute steal. Will average you 80 and likely make you $150,000 - $250,000 which you simply cannot ignore in SuperCoach.

Birchall is hard to ignore at that price but he has missed the majority of the pre season with a knee injury and isn't involved in full training yet.

I reckon he is a good chance. One of the better kicks in the competition and he should be the number one man coming out of defence for the Dockers. 417k is a bargain if he can average 90+

My only concern is that Freo hasn't had someone down back pumping out scores like that since Ibbo/Duffield back in 2012/2013.

Is that because of:
- Lack of talent (Wilson could be the fix)
- Freo being on the bottom (expected again in 2018)
- A game plan that doesn't allow for it (Lyon's gonna Lyon)
- A combination of the above

Seems like the type of guy that could have two blinding games to start the season only to bait everyone to jump on as he regresses to the mean.

Has Burton really got that much improvement in him? I don't know, just asking. Awkward price and all that. I know he's been in the system for a while. Just trying to get break out players is hard.

Many think he will roll through the midfield at some point in his career which would see his score's sky rocket as he is pure class but I don't see that happening this year.

He has been playing deep defence in match sim.

I would not be starting with Burton as no one seems to know where he will play.

Many think he will roll through the midfield at some point in his career which would see his score's sky rocket as he is pure class but I don't see that happening this year.

He has been playing deep defence in match sim.

I would not be starting with Burton as no one seems to know where he will play.
Thanks man. Shelved ATM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mid - pricer list has grown from 1 out to 3 now.

Grant Birchall is firmly in my side, even if he plays round 1 on the back of limited pre season.

Jaegar O'Meara($318,900) is bloody hard to ignore at that price. Priced at 63 average but that was on the back of a poor 2016. If injury is behind him, will garner you an at worst 80 average and gain you anywhere between $150,000 and $250,000. Not bad if you ask me.

The third is Allan Christensen. Was unaware how lowly priced he was (priced at high 40's ave) Another who, should injury be behind him, will garner you anywhere between $130,000 and $270,000 imho. Is firmly on my watch list

My mid - pricer list has grown from 1 out to 3 now.

Grant Birchall is firmly in my side, even if he plays round 1 on the back of limited pre season.

Jaegar O'Meara($318,900) is bloody hard to ignore at that price. Priced at 63 average but that was on the back of a poor 2016. If injury is behind him, will garner you an at worst 80 average and gain you anywhere between $150,000 and $250,000. Not bad if you ask me.

The third is Allan Christensen. Was unaware how lowly priced he was (priced at high 40's ave) Another who, should injury be behind him, will garner you anywhere between $130,000 and $270,000 imho. Is firmly on my watch list

The exact same three I have on my list, I'm hoping they do something to either convince me to select or not select them ASAP. Ending up with 1 mid pricer on each line never feels good.

O'Meara is a must IMO.

This year is very different to last year.

I have seen him up close at training and he is breaking away from stoppage's with pace like he was in his RS year.

I can die at ease. This man is Superman. He has XRAY vision and can see inside Omeara's knees.

Personally I still think he's cooked.

Might play another 80-100 games but they will be at a 80-90 average. He's cooked.

A left-field option is Ben Jacobs, who is fit and ready to go after 2 years out as a minor cash cow at 200k. Tagger/inside mid, so probably anywhere from 50-80 SC range, depending on how much free reign he'll get.

In 2016 his highest score was 72 and he had 5 scores under 52 points. Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back