List Mgmt. 2018 NMFC List Management Thread (gone: Narrier/Hartung/JWill/Nielson/Junker/Jeffries/Hibberd)

Remove this Banner Ad

also frees up more draft spots to be traded for TT and scott and crocker as well

Ha ha, yep. I just posted exactly that in another post. Spot on IMO. We look like needing a minimum of 3 for Gaff, Polec, Hall and 3 for TT, Scott and Crocker - not even accounting for our potential first pick.

All of that assumes that the above are the only irons we have in the fire. I mentioned as well that we've also had 18 months now of... advertising our position to the market $$$ wise and now 6 months of advertising the football department reasonably well. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we get a very pleasant surprise this off season.

As a Hawks supporter, I find the Hartung delisting as interesting as when we did it. He seemed to play a reasonable amount of games, performed his role well enough. You guys must be confident of getting Polec, Gaff or both across in the off season.

Does anyone know of any underlying attitude issues?

YUd3on0dWX3do9Fbhv8E96BTBGIdB1Zm8muAAMslru2FNBwcqv6PNcZpfHlUoXwwa23l1P6wZnu429CWSVj381tZWk28I1qV8w=w320-h236-nc

Don't go billy and Dan! Joyce doesn't mean it!!!

I understand Billy's to a certain extent if Gaff and Polec come in but i thought he played well before the injury and could be solid backup.

Nielson incredibly stiff. Exactly what we need in the future. Put the time into him and was going well in the vfl.
Club must see more in durdin and Watson I guess.

As a Hawks supporter, I find the Hartung delisting as interesting as when we did it. He seemed to play a reasonable amount of games, performed his role well enough. You guys must be confident of getting Polec, Gaff or both across in the off season.

Does anyone know of any underlying attitude issues?

Fitted in well, played some good footy and gave us much needed run. It’s strange, but must point to having a few targets basically confirmed. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him Rookied though, thought he added a bit and could be a handy depth player.

So that's 3 senior and 3 rookie listed apiece. Just muttering to myself.
plus Waite gone aswell so 4 from senior list 2 cat a rookies gone and 1 cat b rookie gone

Next Morgan, thompson would give us 6 senior spots which i reckon we will need
Wright cant be a certainty either

Would've kept Billy at the least and Nielson over Watson or Durdin.

Really surprised about Hartung. Filled a need and even if we nail our targets we'll still need to bat deep.

Hartung is wtf moment of the day besides Barnaby wearing a Cap on Tv

Just out of interest, why on earth is Nielson copping the axe?

Scooter and Taz are no spring chickens, and McKay is the obvious replacement for one of them but who else do we have coming through? Durdin is not up to it. Watson has been injured/haven’t seen what he can do.

Very stiff IMO.

plus Waite gone aswell so 4 from senior list 2 cat a rookies gone and 1 cat b rookie gone

Next Morgan, thompson would give us 6 senior spots which i reckon we will need
Wright cant be a certainty either
I read somewhere on the weekend that a new deal for Wright is incoming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also frees up more draft spots to be traded for TT and scott and crocker as well
Ha ha, yep. I just posted exactly that in another post. Spot on IMO. We look like needing a minimum of 3 for Gaff, Polec, Hall and 3 for TT, Scott and Crocker - not even accounting for our potential first pick.
Not how it works, the additional list spots come toward the end of the draft where they're not worth any points.

**** me I wanted us to keep hartung wtf he was playing fantastic football.
Endurance and pace. How does Morgan stay wtf this is massive.

Fitted in well, played some good footy and gave us much needed run. It’s strange, but must point to having a few targets basically confirmed. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him Rookied though, thought he added a bit and could be a handy depth player.

Surely it's attitude. He wasn't close to our worst in 2017 and we didn't have a logical replacement for him, he was still delisted.

Baffling. Billy Hartung the Mystery Man.

Feeling that Nielson and Hartung were stiff, and Narrier only getting one year on the rookie list is a bit odd, traditionally we've given rookies at least 2 to show something. Wonder if he was homesick and asked for a release?

Last edited:
YUd3on0dWX3do9Fbhv8E96BTBGIdB1Zm8muAAMslru2FNBwcqv6PNcZpfHlUoXwwa23l1P6wZnu429CWSVj381tZWk28I1qV8w=w320-h236-nc

Don't go billy and Dan! Joyce doesn't mean it!!!

I understand Billy's to a certain extent if Gaff and Polec come in but i thought he played well before the injury and could be solid backup.

Nielson incredibly stiff. Exactly what we need in the future. Put the time into him and was going well in the vfl.
Club must see more in durdin and Watson I guess.

Rightly or wrongly I don't reckon too many clubs place much value on slightly undersized miserly KPB's nowadays unless they can intercept like a maniac and attack as well. Daw's emergence and McKay playing solid football probably helped stamp Nielson's papers.

Not how it works, the additional list spots come toward the end of the draft where they're not worth any points.

That's assumes that is where we are picking players. I'm not talking about it from a points point of view - more just having available positions on the list (to bring in the targets we have). Just because Polec / Gaff / Hall are being talked about doesn't mean we aren't talking to anyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back