2018 pre season

Remove this Banner Ad

That would have been my issue, too much time on the piss the night before!

Yeah, I understand.

Don't know how, but when I was there we'd be out (usually at the Old Melbourne or the White Sands) until late, get up around 6.30 and surf til about 10am.
Usually flaked around 2pm...

Always felt great after that.

Mind you, we were students - no work made it pretty easy!

It's also a verrry long time ago! :shoutyoldman:

Maybe I have been unlucky but I used to do a bit of work in Perth and their beaches were invariably windy and chopped up surf more often than not.
Way off topic. But four days a week Perth has waves in the am. And 2.5 hours drive south is about as good as it gets. I grew up on the surf coast in vic. Got that covered easily for wave variety, size, crowds. Can barely get a park at 13th these days unless you're there before sunrise.

So what do you do in Perth if you don't like the beach? Even if you do there are heaps of sharks to worry about.
For a start... Buy a house on 800m2 within 10mins of the cbd and beach (that you can actually swim at in summer) for less than a mil. Fringe festival just finished, world class comedy for a month every night of the week. Huge natural bush land smack in the centre of the city. Coffee strips everywhere in the inner suburbs. Fly to Indo return cheaper than melbs. I'm ex vic and love it. Although I'll always be Victorian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team I’d go with in round one off one pre season game:

B: Biggs - Adams - Naughton
HB: Wood - Trengove - Crozier
C: Hunter - Bontempelli - Johannisen
HF: Dale - Schache - Dunkley
F: Dahlhaus - Boyd - Dickson
R: Roughead - Macrae - Liberatore

Picken - Daniel - McLean - Suckling

Wallis is the really hard one to figure out. Could move the magnets around and go Naughton out, JJ back, McLean wing, Wallis bench. But I think I like the three talls, especially with Trengove rucking.

Wallis is the really hard one to figure out. Could move the magnets around and go Naughton out, JJ back, McLean wing, Wallis bench. But I think I like the three talls, especially with Trengove rucking.
Quite similar to mine, except I wouldn't play Schache or Naughton.

No chance Wood and Trengove play back round 1, though, and Gia basically admitted that Boyd isn't seen as best 22.

That's a good side. I'd be happy with that but I agree Wallis is a conundrum. Will be worth seeing how he and Clay go in JLT2. Dickson might yet have to show he's ready too.

Quite similar to mine, except I wouldn't play Schache or Naughton.

No chance Wood and Trengove play back round 1, though, and Gia basically admitted that Boyd isn't seen as best 22.
I’ll need to watch Gia’s presser, haven’t seen it. I think Naughton plays on what I’ve seen, looks like Jake Lever minus the kicking.

Who do you play up forward? Red is suspended, atleast one of Boyd and Schache have to play. Can’t have just Trengove fwd.

I’ll need to watch Gia’s presser, haven’t seen it. I think Naughton plays on what I’ve seen, looks like Jake Lever minus the kicking.

Who do you play up forward? Red is suspended, atleast one of Boyd and Schache have to play. Can’t have just Trengove fwd.
Gia does mention that we have to remember that Boyd missed a lot of footy towards the end of last year, but yes, he was quite categorical in saying that he missed the game because he wasn't part of the full strength outfit.
Naughton could certainly play, and I wouldn't be disappointed if he did. Really like what I see but coming straight in as a key defender is a tough gig.

I think we'll run with Trengove/Roughead at FF, Wood at CHF and Bont spending more time there as well. Surround them with a rotation of Macrae/Picken/Johannisen/Daniel/Dale/McLean/Dickson/Dunkley etc.

I'll add that that structure is a long, long, long way off what I'd play. I don't see Beveridge giving up on something he has been planning all pre-season so soon, though.

My side:

FB: Biggs - Adams - Wood
HB: Crozier - Trengove - Suckling
C: Hunter - Bontempelli - Macrae
HF: Dale - Cordy - Johannisen
FF: Dunkley - Roughead - Dickson
R: Boyd - Liberatore - McLean
I: Dahlhaus - Daniel - Picken - Wallis/Honeychurch

Expected side:

FB: Biggs - Adams - Naughton
HB: Crozier - Cordy - Suckling
C: Hunter - Liberatore - Dale
HF: McLean - Bontempelli - Johannisen
FF: Dunkley - Trengove - Wood
R: Roughead - Macrae - Dahlhaus
I: Honeychurch - Daniel - Picken - Williams

Schache runs a 15 beep. Made for that role it seems.

Hope so. We need someone to give a second kick in option. Last year Roughy was our only option and occasionally Bont. That is terrible strategy and other teams read it like a book.

if Schache can be another option and have the ability to get back into the forward line, it will help us heaps

Its good to see that all the closed sessions have payed off. we even played everyone out of position and not show our secret defence plans during the JLt
good job look out

Its good to see that all the closed sessions have payed off. we even played everyone out of position and not show our secret defence plans during the JLt
good job look out

Pity it was all so secretive we forgot to tell the players, either that or they are all really good actors and just pretending that we don't know how to play as a team....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back