2018 pre season

Remove this Banner Ad

tbh i want players playing afl football rather stalling for prolong periods in the vfl...
we've seen what happens to players who spend too much time in the 2nds.

go through the list and also look at rocket eade's team. young players who were good played afl football straight away and stayed there. those who played a lot of vfl footy were the flops.
No real cause and effect there though. A correlation, sure, but were they no good because they played VFL or did they play VFL because they were no good?

Plenty of guys in our best team have played a fair amount of VFL footy.

No real cause and effect there though. A correlation, sure, but were they no good because they played VFL or did they play VFL because they were no good?

Plenty of guys in our best team have played a fair amount of VFL footy.

could be bit of both... but you risk ruining their development by not giving them extended run in afl football

but im seeing warning signs with players like:
collins, webb, boyd,
i dont want to see English & Richards, lipinski spend the majority of the season in the vfl

Easton Wood not getting the hang of playing forward?
Tom Boyd drops another easy mark?
Lin Jong handballs again to a team mate with two players on him?
Those fists of fury don't bode well for someone.
Actually, if you look at the 3 photos immediately preceding that one you see the recently bailed Clay delivering what looks like a pretty good kick to a contest I50. It appears from the 2nd photo that the defender has front position but then the 3rd photo suggests that Boydy has outbodied him to put himself in prime contested marking position. But his hands are together... Drops it for sure.... Cue Bevo storming off ground with fists and jaw clenched.....

could be bit of both... but you risk ruining their development by not giving them extended run in afl football

but im seeing warning signs with players like:
collins, webb, boyd,
i dont want to see English & Richards, lipinski spend the majority of the season in the vfl
I reckon it's mostly that they were playing vfl because they were no good.

Boyd has only played 8 vfl games in the last two years, and they've all been in the context of returning from injury and working his way back.

At the end of the day, half the squad will play vfl each week if everyone is fit. By bringing in English, lipinski and Richards, we would just force three others to play vfl and they would potentially face the same problem. These guys should get a senior gig when they're playing well at vfl level.

Actually, if you look at the 3 photos immediately preceding that one you see the recently bailed Clay delivering what looks like a pretty good kick to a contest I50. It appears from the 2nd photo that the defender has front position but then the 3rd photo suggests that Boydy has outbodied him to put himself in prime contested marking position. But his hands are together... Drops it for sure.... Cue Bevo storming off ground with fists and jaw clenched.....
Seriously have you guys got too much time on your hands? You’re trying to work out if Boyd dropped a mark from a series of photos from a training session? Jesus. SMH

Seriously have you guys got too much time on your hands? You’re trying to work out if Boyd dropped a mark from a series of photos from a training session? Jesus. SMH
Arguably anybody who posts anything on here at all has a some disposable time. How much is too much?

The chain of posts made it fairly clear that the actual point of interest was the barely restrained fury which Bevo was displaying in the next photo. Might be a point/observation of interest to go into the "what's up with Bevo" mixing pot when it's a side of him not often captured.

Last edited:
Hey Dogs fans,

Couldn't find any Aaron Naughton highlights from the pre-season anywhere, so I made my own.

Quite an impressive young player, I'm looking forward to see him develop this year.

Can't argue he hasn't earnt his debut. Is going to cause huge headaches for opposition forwardlines in future. Just needs to tidy up that disposal and we have a future star on our hands.

Have a Crozier compilation coming, although I have to admit it's a little less exciting than Naughton's!
Croz is underrated for mine, surprised there weren't more clubs after him in the offseason. He looked like he has settled in really well with some solid performances in JLT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Croz is underrated for mine, surprised there weren't more clubs after him in the offseason. He looked like he has settled in really well with some solid performances in JLT.

One thing that I never noticed when he was at Freo is how courageous and competitive he is. Showed a lot of desperation to spoil and make a contest - very encouraging. Think he’s in for a big year!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey Dogs fans,

Couldn't find any Aaron Naughton highlights from the pre-season anywhere, so I made my own.

Quite an impressive young player, I'm looking forward to see him develop this year.

Underrated is my favourite type of player to make highlights for, so here ya go

Good luck in 2018!

What a *ing legend. Come back anytime

Barry Hall will kick 70 goles
Wouldn't mind him coming down to the club to be honest. Boyd has trouble with using his body and marking, Schache has problems with his aggression and hunger for the contest. Hall was good at all of those things, could teach them a thing or two. Would love to see a forward of his presence on the team again. Sadly they are a dying breed with the modern game

Last edited:
Barry Hall will kick 70 goles

he wont if he is playing ruck o_O

1h7in3.jpg

Boyd looks huge. Definitely had some set backs which are forcing him out but I think were going to see a different player when he comes back. 100% his mindset will start to change when he realises he is bigger and stronger than everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back