2018 prospects and planning

Remove this Banner Ad

I had Brad Crouch locked in my starting side this year based on him having a full pre-season. He will go to another level once/if he gets his body 100%. He was back today on a modified training program. :( The extent of why has not been made known. It could be precautionary or it could be a niggle.

Whered you see this news?

Not sure how sold I am on someone like McLean. I’m all for researching and picking players who have a strong back half of the season, but McLeans role concerns me.

Dogs had a shocker year with a lot of players who had down years. They’ll get Libba back up and about, and a lot of their other mids will be back to their best. I think McLean will get squeezed out more so this year. I also think he’s more of a threat up forward for the dogs, and so they will want to keep him there primarily.

I reckon he will still hold that 80-85 average, but worried his back half average of 95 is really pushing it. Would need injuries to a few mainstays for that to happen.

Not sure how sold I am on someone like McLean. I’m all for researching and picking players who have a strong back half of the season, but McLeans role concerns me.

Dogs had a shocker year with a lot of players who had down years. They’ll get Libba back up and about, and a lot of their other mids will be back to their best. I think McLean will get squeezed out more so this year. I also think he’s more of a threat up forward for the dogs, and so they will want to keep him there primarily.

I reckon he will still hold that 80-85 average, but worried his back half average of 95 is really pushing it. Would need injuries to a few mainstays for that to happen.
Yeah not sure I agree here. He went into the midfield and was stealing Dahlhaus time in there. McLean looked good and at home in there, had some really good games. I can't see them booting him out of there. May not average 95, but I think he'll go 90+. I'm very bullish on him. Reminds me a lot of Hunters year before he had that big breakout of 103

Yeah not sure I agree here. He went into the midfield and was stealing Dahlhaus time in there. McLean looked good and at home in there, had some really good games. I can't see them booting him out of there. May not average 95, but I think he'll go 90+. I'm very bullish on him. Reminds me a lot of Hunters year before he had that big breakout of 103

You could very well be right, but you’ve got a midfield rotation consisting of Macrae, Bont, Hunter, Picken, Libba, Daniel and Dahl. Then they will get Wallis and Josh Dunkley back who will add to that rotation, and you can maybe even throw Jong into that group when fit.

As I said previously when they’re all fit the Dogs bat deep, which concerns me about how much time he will get in there.

Stringer and Crameri (I know he didn’t play much) gone. Think they will look to Smith, Dickson and a rotation of McLean/Jong/Dale as their small/medium forward cohort.

How are people making their teams. When does the website work? Anyone plz
Most posters here had the paid subscription, which gives you access to the team planner early. Has been open for a number of weeks now. Otherwise the rest will be using one of the DT related websites that has a team planner and all the prices downloaded.

How are people making their teams. When does the website work? Anyone plz
dtlive.com.au drawing board for RDT and AF. Player prices are approximate at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's in my team atm. I don't see him scoring 100+ in any games but I do think he will consistently score in the 70-90 bracket finishing with an average in the 80s. It may not be the top 6 but it will be close enough to remain a keeper.
My bad. I just read the article. Not so sure now if he will be in my starting squad. Will probably bring him in after he has played a couple of games.
If he is named round 1, I will take the punt with him though.

Last edited:
Participation dropped to just over 15,000 last year which is such a shame. VS desperately needs to team up with some media outlet in order to promote this competition. I would have thought someone like SEN (Melbourne based sports radio station) would be a good partner.
They used to have a segment called talking dreamteam with Glenn Luff and Daniel Harford a few years ago and Warnie would pop in every now and then, then the AFL dumped VS at the end of 2013 and rebranded to AFLF and SEN stopped this DT segment.

They used to have a segment called talking dreamteam with Glenn Luff and Daniel Harford a few years ago and Warnie would pop in every now and then, then the AFL dumped VS at the end of 2013 and rebranded to AFLF and SEN stopped this DT segment.
That's why I suggested that VS go back to SEN requesting the same type of segment be reintroduced. I found it compulsory listening when they did it whereas their segment now with Luffy and David King is so so.

Pearce hanely looks like a good underpriced defender. Priced at 72.3 ave (largely injury affected), but last 5 games he had 87 ave. Articles suggest he'll spend more time in the midfield (rotating from Def/Mid).

Only thing is that I also have Barlow in my team. So WK 10 is going to be killer.
I'm concerned with his downward spiral from 2014 when he scored 98.5 to 89 in 2015 then 84 and finishing with last year's 72. He's nothing more than a possible upgrade target (after round 10) if he does get his DT game back again.

I'm concerned with his downward spiral from 2014 when he scored 98.5 to 89 in 2015 then 84 and finishing with last year's 72. He's nothing more than a possible upgrade target (after round 10) if he does get his DT game back again.
Mostly due to injury isn't it? If he stays fit he can score... big if though

Mostly due to injury isn't it? If he stays fit he can score... big if though
That's 3 years of injury effected scoring? I'd leave that well enough alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back