2018 prospects and planning

Remove this Banner Ad

No he didn't

Could only manage 80s and 90s leading up to the bye then he smashed it post bye, absolute campaigner, I turfed him chasing points on his bye after 1 ton in 5 games.

His ceiling is average though, never goes 130+

You have got this wrong on many accounts im afraid.

He scored
Round 5 - 118
Round 6 - 122
Round 7 - 116

From rounds 5-12 he avg 103.25 thats going pretty well considering his price at the time.

Never goes 130+? Id say look at his round 23 score when they lost by 5 goals.... reads 150

You have got this wrong on many accounts im afraid.

He scored
Round 5 - 118
Round 6 - 122
Round 7 - 116

From rounds 5-12 he avg 103.25 thats going pretty well considering his price at the time.

Never goes 130+? Id say look at his round 23 score when they lost by 5 goals.... reads 150
Lolol but conveniently forgets to add those times he spudded it up coming into the bye to suit his narrative

Slippers

Round 8 89
Round 9 91
Round 11 89
Round 12 83

He started off with only 1 100 in his first 4 games also and only went at 5/12 before his bye. Slippers and myself started with him and he was a frustrating campaigner as he'd never go on with it (would be on 55-80 at HT and only manage these 90-120 type scores).

I too get frustrated when Matt Crouch is on 65 against Geelong at half time and only manages an 89, or only trundles his way to a 91 against Brisbane while everyone else is tonning up...

Plain and simple, if you started with him this year and copped all of his underwhelming scores he's a campaigner, if you traded him in sometime you'd love him.

I too get frustrated when Matt Crouch is on 65 against Geelong at half time and only manages an 89, or only trundles his way to a 91 against Brisbane while everyone else is tonning up...

Plain and simple, if you started with him this year and copped all of his underwhelming scores he's a campaigner, if you traded him in sometime you'd love him.
Well, I'm going with Brad instead.

Lolol but conveniently forgets to add those times he spudded it up coming into the bye to suit his narrative

Slippers
What there included in that avg of 103.25? unsure how your saying i havnt added them when theyre included in the avg?

and going at 120 for the next 3 weeks would be a sign he went nuts in my view anyway

Starting with him was an excellent starting pick. You paid 93 for him and he went onto avg 107 without missing a game from memory

Starting with him was an excellent starting pick. You paid 93 for him and he went onto avg 107 without missing a game from memory
Can't agree there

He didn't deliver until after his bye and was fairly cheap to trade in compared to many others who were 600-700k, he was a regular POD for me early in the season and I got nothing out of him when I need to early when my team was incomplete and relying on rookies and stuff while people with the likes of Sloane, Kelly and Zerrett were cleaning up. He was a perfect upgrade target imo and nothing more.

Fast starter types like say an Ebert are much more appreciated if you play purely for ranking than the slow starter then come home strong types because you can carry a 80-90 type of guy with a complete team, but early in the season it is very hard to put up with mediocrity when you're only just crawling over 2000 a week.

Can't agree there

He didn't deliver until after his bye and was fairly cheap to trade in compared to many others who were 600-700k, he was a regular POD for me early in the season and I got nothing out of him when I need to early when my team was incomplete and relying on rookies and stuff while people with the likes of Sloane, Kelly and Zerrett were cleaning up. He was a perfect upgrade target imo and nothing more.

Fast starter types like say an Ebert are much more appreciated if you play purely for ranking than the slow starter then come home strong types because you can carry a 80-90 type of guy with a complete team, but early in the season it is very hard to put up with mediocrity when you're only just crawling over 2000 a week.
Simply because a player started slowly or well in a given year doesn't mean that will happen every year. Sure, it would have been great to bring Crouch in after the bye this year rather than starting with him but we don't all have a crystal ball. One could say the same thing about Walters. His first half of this year was horrible but his second half fantastic. Which Walters will we see next year?

Can't agree there

A guy priced at 93 avg 107 for the year is the same as guy priced at 93 avg 107 for the year whether that player had a big 1st half or 2nd half really doeant matter.

This game is value for money 107 is value for 93.

The only issue you have with a slowish starter ie first 4 rounds for Matt Crouch is trading him after that in which case thats a bad trade not a bad starting selection.

Can i ask did u trade Matt Crouch out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a glance it seems like there are very few out of position premo mids this year (i.e. def or fwd). So my current thinking is to go long in the midfield and take some risks fwd and def.

I had a play the other day and am looking at:

D 3 keepers, 1 midpricer, 4 rooks
M 6 keepers, 1 midpricer, 4 rooks
R Gawn, NN, rook
F 2 keepers, 2 midpricers, 4 rooks

I don't have assistant coach, so will wait for the full price list before creating a team and adjust as necessary.

At a glance it seems like there are very few out of position premo mids this year (i.e. def or fwd). So my current thinking is to go long in the midfield and take some risks fwd and def.

I had a play the other day and am looking at:

D 3 keepers, 1 midpricer, 4 rooks
M 6 keepers, 1 midpricer, 4 rooks
R Gawn, NN, rook
F 2 keepers, 2 midpricers, 4 rooks

I don't have assistant coach, so will wait for the full price list before creating a team and adjust as necessary.
My current squad is very similar.
D 2 keepers, 1 mid (Birchall) and 5 rooks
M 6 keepers, 2 mids and 3 rooks
R Gawn and NN 1 rook
F 3 keepers, 2 mids and 3 rooks

Round 8 89
Round 9 91
Round 11 89
Round 12 83

He started off with only 1 100 in his first 4 games also and only went at 5/12 before his bye. Slippers and myself started with him and he was a frustrating campaigner as he'd never go on with it (would be on 55-80 at HT and only manage these 90-120 type scores).

Ive missed all the convo but im guessing your talking Crouch ???
#campaigner hes on my never again list until he goes uber premo 2 years in row he f**ked me around

A guy priced at 93 avg 107 for the year is the same as guy priced at 93 avg 107 for the year whether that player had a big 1st half or 2nd half really doeant matter.
This game is value for money 107 is value for 93.
The only issue you have with a slowish starter ie first 4 rounds for Matt Crouch is trading him after that in which case thats a bad trade not a bad starting selection.
Can i ask did u trade Matt Crouch out?
Judging by his anger towards him, he probably did just before he went nuts.

Thoughts on Hannebery next year? Went 110 and 108 before this year. Will be priced at his 94 average for this year, so potentially 15 points under priced if he can get back to his best and close to top 8 mid
We tend to blame the Swans midfield poor scores due to their 0-6 game start to the year but what concerns me about Hanners is that he only topped 100 twice in his last 10 games of the year. This is the time when the Swans were flying. Even worse was that there were two scores in the 50s in that period.
If I were to bring him in it would be at the expense of B Crouch and I am not keen to do so.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Hannebery next year? Went 110 and 108 before this year. Will be priced at his 94 average for this year, so potentially 15 points under priced if he can get back to his best and close to top 8 mid

Definitly high on my list

Plenty around that 94-100 mark that are interesting for me

Hanners
Parker
JPK
Neale
Fyfe
Cripps
J.Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back