2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an insipid response to having your BS skewered.

What does that even mean? If he's not in the team, why are you talking about him?
Read it? It means exactly what it says mate. He’s probably not in the 22 at this stage but he is certainly in contention for it.

Where would you conceivably pick Martin? Most sides that include him that I've seen have him on a HFF. Is it inaccurate to describe Martin as a midfielder/forward? He certainly hasn't had a good enough season to warrant a spot on the ball.

So in your little fantasy, what would the AA forwardline look like?

CHF (Darling), FF (Brown), (FP) Breust plus three Richmond players?

Nice of you to squeeze in those other players.
If all three are good enough then it could well look like that (it won’t). He never said that though. All he said was Riewoldt was in the mix and at this stage Caddy should be in the team, but it’s only round 10. Re Dusty you could make an argument to put him middle but he’s probably forward for now. He hasn’t been anywhere near as bad as people on here make it out to be and he would 100% be in the team as of this current round. I agree with people that he’s not performing to the standard that he is capable of, but that’s says a lot about him because he is still having a great year and would be top 5 in the Brownlow at the moment.

I agree Caddy is in contention. But he is not a walk-up start. If you assume that Darling and Brown are CHF and FF respectively then there are various arguments for other players in the pockets and flanks. I'd suggest Robbie Gray warrants one of those spots at least as much as Caddy.

Caddy is also problematic because, as far as I can tell, he plays as a de facto undersized key forward. So is he competing with other key forwards? Or is he competing with genuine FPs and flankers?
No one in the league is a walk up start. There is still half a season to go.

Caddy would be competing for a Hf/pocket/bench spot. He isn’t a key forward. He can play as one though and is pretty much forced to because we don’t have any other talls in our forward line. He runs through the middle as well and I don’t reckon I’ve seen Darling or Brown start as a mid in a centre bounce.

That's an insipid response to having your BS skewered.
Lol still melting.
What does that even mean? If he's not in the team, why are you talking about him?

Jack Riewoldt is a key forward, right? But he's indisputably behind Brown and Darling and perhaps behind Hogan. He's kicked only a couple more goals than Franklin from a handful more games.

2 games is a handful now? Lol you are clutching. So Jack’s behind 2 forwards and possibly one other. That puts him 3rd or 4th in line for a KPF spot by my count. I’d say that’s in the mix.
Where would you conceivably pick Martin? Most sides that include him that I've seen have him on a HFF. Is it inaccurate to describe Martin as a midfielder/forward? He certainly hasn't had a good enough season to warrant a spot on the ball.

Midfield. He's a midfielder so I'd probably plonk him in the middle.

Not sure why you're so shocked by the suggestion that the highest scoring team in the league might have 1 or 2 players in the AA forwardline.

Can't remember the last time Darling managed to get on top of Stratton. Matches up on Jack really well.

Reckon Yeo will end up making it as a midfielder by the end of the season. Another 16 contested possessions,7 clearances & 10 inside 50's today.

Won more contested footy than Joel Selwood,Dustin Martin,Luke Parker,Trent Cotchin and Patrick Dangerfield this season.

Apparently Tom Jonas is a lock?

Solid, might make the squad if it was picked today, but if he makes the team based on his first couple of months of exposed form, we might as well just get a couple of Chinese "supporters" to pick the All Australian team.

Nobody from the Giants deserves to be in right now (save for maybe Coniglio in the squad but I can't justify him a midfield spot). We've been diabolical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Tom Stewart Harris Andrews Tom Jonas
HB: Shannon Hurn Robbie Tarrant Rory Laird
C: Andrew Gaff Tom Mitchell Steele Sidebottom
HF: Josh Caddy Jesse Hogan Robbie Gray
F: Jack Darling Ben Brown Luke Breust
Foll: Max Gawn Nathan Fyfe Jackson Macrae
I/C: Brodie Grundy Adam Treloar Patrick Cripps Clayton Oliver

Eagles players in team atm - Gaff, Darling
Eagles players in squad atm - McGovern, Hurn, Sheppard, Yeo, Naitanui (borderline)
For the Dees:

Team - Hogan, Gawn, Oliver (just)
Squad - Jetta
Fringe - Lever, Hibberd

Don't agree on Oliver being in the team. In the squad yes but not team.
4th for contested possessions, 3rd for clearances, 8th for tackles (best among top mids), and 17 for scoring involvements (again near the top for the best mids). If he's not in the team he's the next one picked.

Martin, Caddy and Rance are absolute locks. Grimes, Astbury and potentially Riewoldt in the squad.

LOL @ anyone not picking Martin. He's been quiet while carrying an niggling injury by his standards, still better than 99% of the comp.

25 disposals, 1.5 goals a game, #1 in the league in score involvements, 12th in contested posies, 2nd in centre clearances, 3rd in inside 50's, etc. Lock. There is no way he is not picked.

Martin, Caddy and Rance are absolute locks. Grimes, Astbury and potentially Riewoldt in the squad.

LOL @ anyone not picking Martin. He's been quiet while carrying an niggling injury by his standards, still better than 99% of the comp.

25 disposals, 1.5 goals a game, #1 in the league in score involvements, 12th in contested posies, 2nd in centre clearances, 3rd in inside 50's, etc. Lock. There is no way he is not picked.

Take off your yellow and black glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back