News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

66 grand final on fox at 9.30am

Warnie's choices today

Not a bad read but saying Dan Hannebery will have no list impact is ridiculous. He is already making an impact.

Yeah, his standard setting might be his biggest asset. You get a vibe that life has been a bit too easy at the Saints and someone to come in and push the expected level of commitment might be worth more than anything he will provide on field. Having achieved more than most at Moorabin there will be plenty wanting to impress him too.

Yeah, his standard setting might be his biggest asset. You get a vibe that life has been a bit too easy at the Saints and someone to come in and push the expected level of commitment might be worth more than anything he will provide on field. Having achieved more than most at Moorabin there will be plenty wanting to impress him too.
Seems everyone is writing off the fact he is a gun on the field too and there is nothing more dangerous than a competitive beast with talent and a point to prove.

Seems everyone is writing off the fact he is a gun on the field too and there is nothing more dangerous than a competitive beast with talent and a point to prove.

I don't want to get my hopes up but the preseason is looking promising so far.

Our line coaches were s**t. Roo and Joey were filling in the gaps to make us competitive and once they went the coaches were exposed and subsequently removed.
So Richo didn't have any idea our line coaches were s**t or any idea that it was Roo & Joey doing the coaching on field ?

I’ve asked previously if anyone was aware of why the club has chosen “Linton St” as the branding strategy for these videos.
But no response to date.
If anyone is aware of the thinking behind it, would they please share?

I’m not opposed to the branding, quite the contrary. I think it exceedingly smart.

But I’m intrigued by the choice, and wondering if my thoughts why this branding was chosen are the same as the club’s.
I think everyone knows its on Linton Street as apposed to just off South Road.

So Richo didn't have any idea our line coaches were s**t or any idea that it was Roo & Joey doing the coaching on field ?

I reckon even if he did the club might have told him to make do until it hurt the performances in an obvious way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon even if he did the club might have told him to make do until it hurt the performances in an obvious way.
I just find it funny how it was all the line coaches but Richo is doing ok ,nothing to do with him how his line coaches are performing ?

No i mean during training and the like. I dont think people on here really understand that head coaches rarely take general training and drills these days. If our forward coach is s**t for example (which ours were, sorry Hammil) then Rooey being there would obviously have a positive influence. Even if they arent being instructed on proper leading patterns (which are expected to change depending on who is playing and general role so its never set in stone) then someone of Riewoldt's experience will be there and ensure it happens.

In 2017 it wasnt perfect by any stretch and our big issues that year was general inconsistency and falling away badly in certain games, we werent far off making finals afterall so it all looked okay to observation.

Now Riewoldt and Montagna retire which means that the coaching slack suddenly isnt being picked up on and we are exposed. Remember that during the year its basically impossible to redo your coaching staff and remember someone HAS to be doing that role. Richo cant just chop in himself and do it, he doesnt know the intricacies and would be pushing a 70 hour week no doubt so you have to do your best with what you've got.

Brett Ratten is 100% not a coach who is going to miss those holes though, you dont spend 6 years at Hawthorn without your deficiencies having been picked over and corrected/compensated for. Our forward line, at the very least, is going to operate so much better next season we wont even recognise it from this year.

No i mean during training and the like. I dont think people on here really understand that head coaches rarely take general training and drills these days. If our forward coach is s**t for example (which ours were, sorry Hammil) then Rooey being there would obviously have a positive influence. Even if they arent being instructed on proper leading patterns (which are expected to change depending on who is playing and general role so its never set in stone) then someone of Riewoldt's experience will be there and ensure it happens.

In 2017 it wasnt perfect by any stretch and our big issues that year was general inconsistency and falling away badly in certain games, we werent far off making finals afterall so it all looked okay to observation.

Now Riewoldt and Montagna retire which means that the coaching slack suddenly isnt being picked up on and we are exposed. Remember that during the year its basically impossible to redo your coaching staff and remember someone HAS to be doing that role. Richo cant just chop in himself and do it, he doesnt know the intricacies and would be pushing a 70 hour week no doubt so you have to do your best with what you've got.

Brett Ratten is 100% not a coach who is going to miss those holes though, you dont spend 6 years at Hawthorn without your deficiencies having been picked over and corrected/compensated for. Our forward line, at the very least, is going to operate so much better next season we wont even recognise it from this year.
I hope your right

So is Hamill was no good as a forward coach why is he coach of Sandringham?

Just watching him doing ball drills with Web and GOAT, you could see who was the leader.
Not forced, he just does it comfortably and with self confidence and assurance.
Gears is a great clubman and should be in the leadership group, but he should be left to concentrate on his game.
Not saying Hanners should be captain, but he looks like a born leader and I reckon his on field presence will be invaluable to us.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watching him doing ball drills with Web and GOAT, you could see who was the leader.
Not forced, he just does it comfortably and with self confidence and assurance.
Gears is a great clubman and should be in the leadership group, but he should be left to concentrate on his game.
Not saying Hanners should be captain, but he looks like a born leader and I reckon his on field presence will be invaluable to us.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree except I’ve no doubt he should be captain. I hope we don’t make a ‘safe’ choice like Ross. I’d rather Geary stuck with it for another year if we’re not going to bite the bullet and put Hanners in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back