List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let’s get this straight. You have said we need mids so we target mids and now we shouldn’t because the young guys won’t get a run. I don’t get that at all. Hanners plays wing if fit and Shiel can play an outside game better than an inside game. Both are ideal for us because we couldn’t get gaff. You are confusing.

Here we go again looking at the worst case. You are the only one saying could cost 2 firsts. Just out of interest are you Jewish. My dad is and he always looks for the most negative things.

What about this for an idea. Shiel costs one first. Hanners costs one second but we get something back from players being traded. Hanners is fully fit and Shiel has his best year because he gets to be the main man in the middle. We win more games like north and then other good players see the improvement and we tgen don’t have to pay overs to get them. Do you like that idea. I do.

We need an elite mid and outside run spread when did I say anything negative? I just have a differing opinion. Gaff is much more outside than how Hanners and Shiel play. I would take Shiel and never said otherwise just don't want to go overboard, it's not a difficult concept.

If a dog bites you every time you stick your hand through a fence you get the idea that the likely outcome will be similar nxt time. I have lost faith in this administrations ability to manage a list. We can't all be faithfully resolute like you Pluggs.

Yes and it will be rinse and report. Got to get them while you can. I can see it now. next year when cant get anyone people will say we should have taken Shiel last year.

If he doesn't want to come after offering what we have there is no point in whinging though. We have offered up plenty and he's not convinced ...just move on. It's a cycle that North have shown can move quickly.

We need an elite mid and outside run spread when did I say anything negative? I just have a differing opinion. Gaff is much more outside than how Hanners and Shiel play. I would take Shiel and never said otherwise just don't want to go overboard, it's not a difficult concept.

If a dog bites you every time you stick your hand through a fence you get the idea that the likely outcome will be similar nxt time. I have lost faith in this administrations ability to manage a list. We can't all be faithfully resolute like you Pluggs.

You are the one making up figures of 2 firsts. Never been mentioned by the media who do this sort of stuff. We cant get Gaff. I also want Gawn and Franklin but alas the club is hopeless and couldn't get them. Im nearly certain you didn't want Gaff last year because you didn't want to pay to much. Sounds like this year.

Im shocked you have lost faith in the club. I didn't realise. And I can assure you I get pissed off with the club as much as anyone else but there is enough negativity about the club on here I choose to look for things that they may get right sometime but don't worry I do have a go at them. Wait and see the crap I will write if we draft Townsend.

What about the appeal of playing under Richo instead of Clarko? I reckon that sealed the deal.
2yvjjw6.jpg

We actually were though.

Cast your mind back one year and if we pressed hard enough for Gaff he would have come over, same with Sloane.

Most of us were quite bullish and said we'll get them in free agency for free as Gaff was seen as a seagull and Sloane a tad old to be giving a kings ransom.

In hindsight we should have 100% gone for Gaff and smart thing was not to go for Sloane especially since we're getting Hanna for a cut price.

In fairness to Cho he apparently was saying he didn't rate our list high enough to take the next step and he was right. We just hit the draft last year instead of going for existing talent like he liked.

I was into getting gaff early but I think a lot of people didn't like the idea of using picks on a player who would be a FA the next year. The landscape is changing every year with free agency. North could blow themselves up in a splurge. Clubs seem to be willing to over pay at the moment if they aren't a destination club. I think posters thought that money would lubricate movement from top clubs to bottom clubs. I reckon soon we will have players moving half way through contracts because clubs stuff TPP up.

So likey we don't get Sheil.
We have signalled with Hanners and the Sheil offer, that we have shitload to splash about.
Are there any greedy Kent's during trade time who might take the bait?
Everyone knows we want to spend up.
Or do we wait and offer Kelly 1.5 mill next time?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

So likey we don't get Sheil.
We have signalled with Hanners and the Sheil offer, that we have shitload to splash about.
Are there any greedy Kent's during trade time who might take the bait?
Everyone knows we want to spend up.
Or do we wait and offer Kelly 1.5 mill next time?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wouldn't be surprised if we pull one out of the box with an offer.

Lachie Neale from to Brisbane came from nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will we land Laverde 2 years later?

gettable they are saying
I hope we go after him.. has upside IMO... better than Townsend or Kent!
Offer him some good coin and opportinity!!

If we dont get shiel I hope we get Wingard. Offer them pick 4 with a second rounder coming back that we give the swans and that would be a very good trade period in my opinion. Pick 4 for Wingard and hanners and we make out like bandits. Top 3 picks this year are well ahead of the 4th best player in Kings/Smith. Anyhow our drafting/developmet over the last 3 or 4 years has been average and I'd take well established players over a pick who may only play a handful of games like a fair few top draft prospects do every year and be delisted.

Anyone here experts on draft tampering? Wouldn't be against the concept of splitting pick 4 for two first rounders from a SA club and nabbing the King twins. Tanking the interview shouldn't be too hard, right? :cool:

Just what we need 2 talls. At least the one playing in the backline would plenty of the ball. The one up forward would be very bored

If we dont get shiel I hope we get Wingard. Offer them pick 4 with a second rounder coming back that we give the swans and that would be a very good trade period in my opinion. Pick 4 for Wingard and hanners and we make out like bandits. Top 3 picks this year are well ahead of the 4th best player in Kings/Smith. Anyhow our drafting/developmet over the last 3 or 4 years has been average and I'd take well established players over a pick who may only play a handful of games like a fair few top draft prospects do every year and be delisted.

We have no interest in wingard and he has no interest in us.

Agreed, but he needs to pick us. I still see the most likely outcome as him going to the Hawks (not sure how they get it done but they got Mitchel and O'meara one year so they'll figure it out), and then we go to the draft and get King. Next year a rinse and repeate as we go hard at Kelly and Coniglio.

Listening to Terry Wallace on trade radio he said Sam Walsh will be pick #1. Then he speculated that Gold Coast with picks 2 & 3 could go one of two ways, depending on how they see things:

1. Draft best available which would probably be Lukosius and one other player, or;

2. Draft players that can structurally replace Lynch and May with the mindset of also retaining them in the future, which could involve drafting the King twins back-to-back.

If scenario 2 plays out then suddenly pick #4 comes into play on draft night with live trading. Lukosius and Rankine would still be on the board but unlikely to last beyond pick 6.

If Saints still had pick #4 on draft night (depending on what happens with Dylan Shiel) it would be interesting to see what the SA clubs would offer to get access to pick #4. Especially the Crows who have 2 first round draft picks this year.

Presumably if scenario 1 plays out then the lure of live trading for pick #4 diminishes among the SA clubs, even though there will still be 1-2 outstanding SA prospects on the board.

But it will be interesting to see how it plays out on draft night regardless.

Anyone here experts on draft tampering? Wouldn't be against the concept of splitting pick 4 for two first rounders from a SA club and nabbing the King twins. Tanking the interview shouldn't be too hard, right? :cool:

If by tampering you mean straight up reordering the draft picks and hoping no one notices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back