List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Hannebery will be handed a fifth season at St Kilda if he can meet games quota
JON RALPH, Herald Sun
DAN Hannebery will be handed a fifth season at St Kilda on an $800,000 salary if he can play 70 games in the next four seasons.

The Herald Sun understands St Kilda’s offer for the triple All-Australianincludes four guaranteed years at $3.2 million then the games-based trigger to allow him to earn the fifth season.

The Sydney premiership player is certain to get to the Saints - possibly for a future second-round pick - with the Swans happy to clear cap space for the injury-plagued midfielder.

Setting him an incentive to play an average of 17.5 games a year from 2019-2022 is a realistic goal for Hannebery, who has played at least 19 games in eight of his last nine seasons.

They will be more concerned about the quality of those games, with Sydney clearly harbouring doubts about whether he could rediscover that hard-running game after two years of groin issues.

The Saints also look set to secure Demons goalkicking midfielder Dean Kent for almost nothing using the threat of the pre-season draft.

Melbourne half forward Kent has been offered a three-year deal on improved money, with St Kilda prepared to offer up pick 75 for a player hit by injury the past two seasons.

With St Kilda holding the third pick in the pre-season draft and confident he would get psat Carlton and Gold Coast, the Demons have little leverage in that trade.

Incentive-based deals are regular in the AFL but few have as much salary attached to them as Hannebery’s deal

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...a/news-story/5864de2e12d178696ab4ac26af9a4d46

TLDR: Hannebery's trigger is he must play 70 games in 4 seasons to get a 5th year. Dean Kent for pick 75 or it is pre season draft time.

Last edited:

Ok I am not an itk but I have 2 sources in the club. Ik many say this but just wait until the end of the period and you will see that my claim is in fact true.
As for shiel, we have had a meeting with him over the last few days. The club are not sure of how it sits with shiel as he obviously didn’t tell them whether he would come but his manager was apparently pleased with the pitch ma3de to shiel.
If our attempt to get shiel fails, all is not lost as the club is desperately looking to use its cap space. Aswell as this , Lethlean wants a marque signing and will look to entice a player contracted or not if they can’t get shiel.
As for other I can say that the club has not asked about setterfield or kade koladjashnij and will not be getting either.
Contrary to many beliefs, jack scrimshaw is not generating really any interest from Victorian clubs. Hawthorn, St Kilda and Carlton are said to be interested but none have approached his management YET.my source says the club will only look to bring in scrimshaw in if other trades fail and if so it’ll be late on in the period (a sort of backup option).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any enquirers ask me I’ll tell u as ,cub as I have been told

Love the intel, Whispy....

Are we looking at any of the other “bigger” names getting thrown around?? I think if Shiel picks Carlton, they might struggle to get McGovern across the line and there might be an opportunity for us??

We all know by this point about Riewoldt chatting to Shiel over the last few days.

Wish I had a comb over and smug look to report this news like Sam McClure, but 3 of our other boys have reached out and caught up with Dylan this week.

There is also some little truth to that Townsend rumour and it ties in with the Shiel play.

We are seemingly throwing the kitchen sink at Shiel & IMO it would be a huge blight on our football club if he went to anyone other than us. Offering most money with very lucrative tenure and facilities one of the best in league. Putting a lot of work in!

Love the intel, Whispy....

Are we looking at any of the other “bigger” names getting thrown around?? I think if Shiel picks Carlton, they might struggle to get McGovern across the line and there might be an opportunity for us??
Haven’t inquired into McGovern due to it mainly being a one horse race and from what I’ve heard mcgivern is there number one trade target believe it or mo! Crazy if they pass up on shiel to get mcgivern and keep pick 1.
As for the bigger names we have been turned down by a few players but that is because we are mainly putting our time into shiel. Club will continue to target players though if shiel doesn’t come so something could come up

We all know by this point about Riewoldt chatting to Shiel over the last few days.

Wish I had a comb over and smug look to report this news like Sam McClure, but 3 of our other boys have reached out and caught up with Dylan this week.

There is also some little truth to that Townsend rumour and it ties in with the Shiel play.

We are seemingly throwing the kitchen sink at Shiel & IMO it would be a huge blight on our football club if he went to anyone other than us. Offering most money with very lucrative tenure and facilities one of the best in league. Putting a lot of work in!
Are Shiel and Townsend cobba's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back