2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some day I want this club to be like Sydney. They are able to always develop their youngsters and can play them when they are ready. This is what I really want.

Neale provides us with the option to do it sooner rather than later. We’d have a pretty set best 22 with him and possibly one more mature recruit. This means that people can actually spend time developing in the reserves.

Don't think that any of our players would be traded against their wishes at this point in time. Contracted or not. In my opinion it flies in the face of the one for all / players buying in / tight group narrative that is being peddled by all. If there is a player that goes to Freo as part of the deal, I think it will be part of a three way deal that involves another pick from us.
Yeah gotcha.

I was purely wondering even as an afl view, figured it would go against the freedom of life to say to someone ‘you’re being traded here, tough s**t if you didn’t want to be’.

If this trade eventuates, we not only get Neale but we get leadership and someone that likes coaching and coaching young kids. Think i read somewhere on the Freo board that he enjoys that side of things

Better yet we just need to look at the 5 games we lost by 7 points or less and think if a player like Neale would've made a difference? Then theres another handful of games under 22 points.
A player like him and a full strength team helps our cause then in 12 months time does another 1 or 2 players that are a grade decide they should also make a move to Brisbane.

Yeah gotcha.

I was purely wondering even as an afl view, figured it would go against the freedom of life to say to someone ‘you’re being traded here, tough s**t if you didn’t want to be’.

We can't make someone move - players have to agree. At the stage we are at we don't won't to be alienating any of our young talent as that will damage retention. I'm comfortable trading away draft picks because we have lots of young talent that are all signed up for the next few years - telling Starc to leave would go counter to that.

A contracted Neale is worth pick 5 plus something. My conern is that plus something (i think if he was uncontacted just pick 5 wouldbe fair).

I could deal with our 2nd rd pick as the something. Anything more than that, value wise, and I would argue we have overpaid.

He isn't worth 2x 1st rd picks (talent wise and age wise). So i just hope we don't get desperate and sell the farm for a midfielder who will never be a top 10 midfielder in the comp.

Agreed pick 5 + 2019 second is about right. Two firsts is overpaying. Risky if we have a few injuries and that pick is 3 or 4 - so we end up trading 2 top 5 picks

Brab can you not read? It says 'THE AFL update'. We gucci baby, strong hands now.

Sorry for my ignorance mate.

Ordering my custom Lachie Neale jumper now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a facebook page so obvs grain of salt. But it has 200K followers, dare say they might have some ok sources.

They are echoing what every other media outlet is saying, its all part of a growing picture.. i reckon we will know tomorrow or Tuesday.

Its a facebook page so obvs grain of salt. But it has 200K followers, dare say they might have some ok sources.

They are echoing what every other media outlet is saying, its all part of a growing picture.. i reckon we will know tomorrow or Tuesday.

200,000 followers, you say? Well I'm sold.

So what number are we giving Neale, lads? Obviously our <= round 19 best and fairest already has number 27 locked away.

Dayne beam’s speech last night was the best advertisement for potential players - he is elite, would be welcome at many/most clubs and he genuinely considered, investigated and ‘had conversations’ * about to go back to the place he calls home, quite possibly on better money (due to front loaded contract), BUT ... ......

the current players, staff, culture and trajectory of this club was too appealing to leave. It was a huge statement on how attractive our club is right now and will definitely influence players thinking of coming to the lions and hopefully get them hooked.

I wanted a clear and early shut down of the leaving rumours , but with 50:50 hindsight this has unfolded beautifully.

Part of the Fagan/Nobel master plan??? Reminder to self: trust the grown ups running the club.

* his conversations weren’t with our club so presumably with his manager and representatives from other clubs.

Yet to see what the Kardashians think of the Neale trade scenario, if they like a post then it’s on.

200,000 followers, you say? Well I'm sold.

So what number are we giving Neale, lads? Obviously our <= round 19 best and fairest already has number 27 locked away.

Mate, I said grain of salt.. just highlighting its one of the better pages. They gain alot of traction with their shares which would open doors because they are an influencer in the AFL area, thats how media works these days.. not beyond the rhelms the admin might attract moderate levels of ok info, similar to any other hack journo. But I do understand its uncool to apreciate anyone doing anything on facebook.

Mate, I said grain of salt.. just highlighting its one of the better pages. They gain alot of traction with their shares which would open doors because they are an influencer in the AFL area, thats how media works these days.. not beyond the rhelms the admin might attract moderate levels of ok info, similar to any other hack journo. But I do understand its uncool to apreciate anyone doing anything on facebook.
I am an admin of that page. I apologise for ruining Facebook.

But hey, the Lions get a few extra positive mentions in the media. Win.

Agreed pick 5 + 2019 second is about right. Two firsts is overpaying. Risky if we have a few injuries and that pick is 3 or 4 - so we end up trading 2 top 5 picks
We are not interested in 2019 second round, if it is second round it would have to be this year or another player.

Do you do the UBL_fp too? I dig that page as well, best sports follow getting around.
I can't say much for legal reasons, but we're in the process of making the most of such a big following. Some see the Neale post as being dirty, but we need to play a certain game and take risks to succeed. Tough business.

Yes, I also run that page. Love our fans on there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back