2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The trade will be official as soon as Neale logs on to Robbo’s Fortnite Twitch stream and posts a Kappa or PogChamp emoji.

I reckon it will be official when he starts following bl_shitposting.

Nothing's official until he appears in a Matt Eagles instagram video.

Also apparently Jon Ralph reported on AFL Tonight that (as expected) we have applied for a priority pick.

Having an extra pick in 19 - 25 range would help a lot with the trade situation. I'd say it would mean that the Neale deal would come down to squabbling over which of the 2nd round picks we package. Handy to be able to meet in the middle and means we still have a chance to have a crack at some of the draftees in that range, lot of appealing players there. I tend to think they'll knock us back unless they end up giving the Suns and Blues that mid first round pick at which point they might give us an end of first round to placate us and make it look like they aren't showing favouritism after giving us a worse pick first time around.

Fun fact: There is zero evidence to support Kubler-Ross's model.

That wasn't very fun, was it.
C'mon, I saw a classic example of it when Dr Cox and Dr Dorian went through it on that episode of scrubs. #caseclosed

Fun fact: There is zero evidence to support Kubler-Ross's model.

That wasn't very fun, was it.

That's the most fun I've had in years. Don't undersell yourself.

C'mon, I saw a classic example of it when Dr Cox and Dr Dorian went through it on that episode of scrubs. #caseclosed
Screenshot_142.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're getting a bit touchy over there.There's been a notable shift in demeanor.
Some trade suggestions are out and out ludicrous.

Yeah now that its leaning toward very real.. they have shifted from 'pick 5 should do it' to... 'we want virtually every first round pick the Lions will recieve for the rest of eternity............... and Branden starcivich'

Last edited:
Also apparently Jon Ralph reported on AFL Tonight that (as expected) we have applied for a priority pick.

Will be interesting to see how the AFL handles this. If the Saints get a priority pick off the back of one bad year, it's hard to deny us one off the back of one good year. I won't deny the Suns could use a little help, but not sure picks are what they need the most (but it won't hurt). And Carlton deliberately traded out their best player to go back to the draft. Sure they had a couple of injuries that didn't help, but what did they think was going to be the result this year?

Yeah now that its leaning toward very real.. they have shifted from 'pick 5 should do it' to... 'we want vitually every first round pick the Lions will recieve for the rest of eternity............... and Branden starcivich'
It’s suddenly become very real for them! Ouch!

They're getting a bit touchy over there.There's been a notable shift in demeanor.
Some trade suggestions are out and out ludicrous.
Yep, gone from "its all media BS" to "He is just trying to get a better deal, smart job Neale's management" to "1st round pick, 2nd round pick and 2019 1st round pick"

Edit: Lioninthesand just said the same thing

Couple of enchiladas at La Quinta in Oxford Street. Walked past Fages eating there a while back and we shared a nice awkward locking of eyes
I ate there a couple of months ago and found out after I finished my meal that he had been sitting behind me for the last half an hour.
When I mentioned it to my wife that he was the Brisbane Lions Coach, she says, Ohh! He’s been sitting there for ages.

Gill just said 'there are 3 teams who are really struggling and that's GC, Carlton and StKilda'.. he then pointed out Brisbane is well and truely heading in the right direction. Hard to see us getting a pick.

I ate there a couple of months ago and found out after I finished my meal that he had been sitting behind me for the last half an hour.
When I mentioned it to my wife that he was the Brisbane Lions Coach, she says, Ohh! He’s been sitting there for ages.

And you were like...

tenor.gif

Gill just said 'there are 3 teams who are really struggling and that's GC, Carlton and StKilda'.. he then pointed out Brisbane is well and truely heading in the right direction. Hard to see us getting a pick.

Not a hope in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back