2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton and gold coast and possibly stkilda will get first crack at him before we can

30 disposals and 6 goals is damn impressive but I wouldn't mind if any of those clubs took him ahead of us. If we're one of these lower clubs that get the chance to add a mature ager straight to the list I'd prefer one of Marlion Pickett, Shane McAdam or Nick Hind.

Only two weeks....two weeks...until Trade Period starts!

Just visited the Freo page...looks like we won't have to give up pick 4/5 for Neale....they're going to take McCluggage instead! o_O

That’s not what they are saying. They are talking about McCluggage as a case study of why high draft picks are valuable.

That’s not what they are saying. They are talking about McCluggage as a case study of why high draft picks are valuable.

Stop letting the truth get in the way of propoganda :(

Agree totally seeing as though I mentioned Grigg 15 pages or so ago but according to some posters on here Grigg no good to slow and no tricks in his bag
Would give him a chance after that game. Nearly got his team to the line single handedly today. One of the most dominant games I’ve seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Crouch? Would be a very good pick up.

Would be very interested if he does indeed turn out to be available but I doubt we could get it done, especially if we're bringing in Neale. The injury issues drop his value somewhat but he's still got two years left on his contract, brother at the club and only way I'd see Crows letting a contracted Crouch and McGovern go in the one off-season is if they can turn them and the picks they have into enough to draft the big 3 SA boys. Still, if he requests a trade out I'd hope we at least see if we could get him.
Wouldn't it be nice if it turned out that injured player that was interested in coming to us turned out to be Crouch and McCarthy also requesting a trade was just a happy coincidence?

Would be very interested if he does indeed turn out to be available but I doubt we could get it done, especially if we're bringing in Neale. The injury issues drop his value somewhat but he's still got two years left on his contract, brother at the club and only way I'd see Crows letting a contracted Crouch and McGovern go in the one off-season is if they can turn them and the picks they have into enough to draft the big 3 SA boys. Still, if he requests a trade out I'd hope we at least see if we could get him.
Wouldn't it be nice if it turned out that injured player that was interested in coming to us turned out to be Crouch and McCarthy also requesting a trade was just a happy coincidence?

Interesting - and this injured played was said to be high profile/ A grade. Which doesn't really apply to McCarthy

Hey Lions fans

Is Ryan Lester likely to be delisted and also what is his best role at AFL level? Now I’m not saying this is going to happen for sure, but there is a Hawthorn poster in the know who says that Lester is likely to be picked up by the Hawks as a DFA.
you will probably get many different answers on that question here, Lester is a bit of a whipping boy on here. Anything from slow as paint drying to a great club man. In the leadership group to being de-listed and rookie listed.

Hey Lions fans

Is Ryan Lester likely to be delisted and also what is his best role at AFL level? Now I’m not saying this is going to happen for sure, but there is a Hawthorn poster in the know who says that Lester is likely to be picked up by the Hawks as a DFA.

He's a classic spare parts guy. Big enough (192) to play third tall at either end. Knows when to spoil and when to mark down back. It was his big mark at Etihad last year (R15) that had Brisbane overrun Essendon in the last quarter. Fit, smart and diligent enough to cover the ground pretty well but not quickly. Reads the game well but can be inconsistent by foot. Above averagely respected by the group.

Had a period a few years back (2014?) taking spells on the ball. While he didn't get a tonne of the ball himself, the midfield performed better when he was in there blocking and tackling.

Next years first round pick?

Would do that in a heart beat. I think if we were to land Neale and Crouch then (assuming they both stay fit) we become a significantly better side. More rotations through the forward 50 for Zorko and Beams. Makes us a 2-5 goal better side.

I doubt it will happen though, but I would love it to.

you will probably get many different answers on that question here, Lester is a bit of a whipping boy on here. Anything from slow as paint drying to a great club man. In the leadership group to being de-listed and rookie listed.
It is possible he could be both.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

The real reason McGovern wants out of the Crows because before he signed his contract last year he asked the crows if they were signing Gibbs and the crows said no and 2 weeks later they signed him. He wasn't happy and hasn't been all year. Could be the same with Brad Crouch. Assume its all about $$$ for both of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back