Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 2! (cont. in Part 3 - link in OP)

What are we going to do??

• 4 picks 21 and under? Back in Hamish!

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Trade up! We’re getting Lukosius / Rankine / Rozee!!!

Votes: 35 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in stitches!

Not a true supporter.. just stop!

I've been a member of the club since inception, hell I even worked for the club once upon a time. I've made friendships with past coaches, players, recruiters and bootstrappers. I've followed my club all over the country, spent more money doing it than most people spend on property. I've slept on the street for days on end through pouring rain just to get a ticket to our biggest games.

I've been there through all the highs and the lows.

It's the deluded pessimistic scum like you, who forever chastise the club despite our consistently punching above our weight, who give a bad name to supporters.

You sit there in your arm chair hurling abuse at an organisation who started with nothing, and have tirelessly worked as a team to become not only a feared and respected opponentwe tried out or a financial pillar in the sport, but a beacon for all that is great in South Australia.

You don't have any ******* right to be so petulantly impatient. Clubs have waited 40+ years to win flags at the elite level, while their true supporters have stuck by them all along, and you sit there complaining that the little South Aussie club who started out of a tin ******* shed has not become the AFL powerhouse you feel we should be - despite being not so subtly ****** over by our Victorian neighbours for decades.

You make me sick.

You see, this is the phrase I really hate!

"Oh we punch above our weight. Yay us!"

This phrase is nothing more than an excuse for failure, it's "We tried really hard and, really, we achieved more than we could have reasonably expected, so finishing where we did is reasonable."

We should not be punching above our weight, WE SHOULD BE MAKING THE OTHER TEAMS PUNCH ABOVE THEIR WEIGHT!!! We should be setting the bar, not trying to achieve levels set by other teams. I know this sounds emotional, but it seems to be a South Australian character trait that we have to try to punch at Victorian or New South Wales standards, kind of a "look at me!" annoying little brother type of thing.

FFS just for a change I'd love to see US set the standard and be the ones the eastern states aspire to. Unfortunately I fear this won't happen in my life time.

Is this one of those trade periods where we wait and wait and wait for us to do something more and it never happens?

If so, it’ll be a bit disappointing, but I’m happy with our top 4 picks.
In any year we’d be ecstatic with these picks .... I still am

Well yes again. **** Bigfooty, you can't say anything on here without it being misconstrued.

Yes they were both good contributors, and port will miss that kind of input, but they were also the centre of the latest disharmony at Port. Getting rid of that is a good thing for any team.
I don't think the disharmony was all down to the 2 players, I think a lot of it is down to Hinkley and his approach to them.

None of which changes they were both good contributors in 2018.
2018 John Cahill Medal top 10
1. Justin Westhoff 179 votes
2. Tom Jonas and Ollie Wines 162
4. Robbie Gray 152
5. Jared Polec 151
6. Chad Wingard 143
7. Darcy Byrne-Jones 139
8. Dan Houston 131
9. Travis Boak 126
10. Tom Clurey 110
Imagine if we lost our 5th and 6th in the B&F. Greenwood and Doedee.

Port and Crows had similar 2018 seasons, so the comparison is on point.

And to think, had they not gone for the pick upgrading path, they could currently be sitting on picks:
#10, #11, #15, #23, #30, #35, #48, #49 + Lycett, Burton
vs
#5, #10, #15 + Lycett, Burton

So they've effectively traded #23, #30, #35, #48, #49 for #5 - pretty reasonable if they stop there, I guess.

Ed. Oops - plus #11 for #5 ... less shiny

They’ve given the equivalent of 3,884 points for 1,878 then. Pick 1 worth 3,000.

I know, I know, points don’t matter but still...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

a really good player, does he give our midfield something different ?
Not sure who you’re referring too?

Rankine .... yes
Rozee ....... not next year

Interesting who Port maybe targeting ? .... suspect it is Rozee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who said that.

Hombsch =5 for 3 was the post you quoted

That is a possibility, or Hombsch, 10, 15 for 3 leaving port with 3 and 5. which is probably Rankine and Rozee
I've just edited my post, I meant Hombsch is worth 2 spot pick increase from pick 5, that is crazy.....Hombsch for 10, 15, that is nuts from GC, hell we will give them 13, 16 and 21 for 3.

Not sure who you’re referring too?

Rankine .... yes
Rozee ....... not next year

Interesting who Port maybe targeting ? .... suspect it is Rozee
Probably leaves Rankine for us if they do, no interstate side will touch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back