Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 2! (cont. in Part 3 - link in OP)

What are we going to do??

• 4 picks 21 and under? Back in Hamish!

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Trade up! We’re getting Lukosius / Rankine / Rozee!!!

Votes: 35 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basically boiled down to Mitch being a sloppy mess by AFL standards and that he could be anything if he actually applied himself.
Very similar story to his brother and Simpson at West Coast, except Jeremy took it on board and won a premiership.
And 95% of those Carlton flogs don’t know what they got

Can you paste the first paragraph or something to dodge the paywall.

JAKE Kelly appears certain to stay at Adelaide, with the Crows’ late trade business focused on working a deal for Richmond forward Tyson Stengle.

Any interest the Magpies had in 53-game Adelaide defender Kelly — under contract to the Crows for next year — has been put on the backburner after the beaten grand finalist re-signed Tom Langdon, who had been courted by Sydney.

I'm in two minds now.

Sure I'd love a higher pick, however I don't want to overpay.

I'm pretty excited about what we could do with our current top 4 picks.

I am ok with 8 and 21, but by the sounds of it that isnt going to get it done. Not sure I want us to give up more than that. I really like the players that are being mentioned around 13 and 16. I personally want elite speed, contested ball winners, can use it well on the outside. The players that seem to fit this are Smith, Stocker, RCD and Berry. RCD being a bit of a longer term project. Apart from Smith, all three of them seem to be available at 13 and 16. Who knows what Hamish will do. Hopefully the final call on any trade rests with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news...McKay, Otten, CEY and now Kelly resigning. Great depth. All we need now is Cheney and we are set.

Perhaps this means we aren't going to have many picks at the draft because we are bundling them for 2 and 3
When we add Stegle to the List, we are left with 4 vacancies, Which can increase if we delist Cheney, Signorella or Hunter only current players left to sign up for 2019

Makes sense why he choose Carlton......it will be interesting tracking his development there and see who ends up being right.
It makes you shake your head. You combine the physical ability of Mitch McGovern with the mindset of a matty Wright or Jake Kelly (ie guys who get every ounce out of their natural ability) and you would have an elite footballer.

When we add Stegle to the List, we are left with 4 vacancies, Which can increase if we delist Cheney, Signorella or Hunter only current players left to sign up for 2019
Reid has spoken about Hunter as back up so think he stays.
I think we go with 4 first round picks

Great news...McKay, Otten, CEY and now Kelly resigning. Great depth. All we need now is Cheney and we are set.

Perhaps this means we aren't going to have many picks at the draft because we are bundling them for 2 and 3

Kelly’s not re-signing, he’s already contracted for next year, he’s just not leaving.

I am ok with 8 and 21, but by the sounds of it that isnt going to get it done. Not sure I want us to give up more than that. I really like the players that are being mentioned around 13 and 16. I personally want elite speed, contested ball winners, can use it well on the outside. The players that seem to fit this are Smith, Stocker, RCD and Berry. RCD being a bit of a longer term project. Apart from Smith, all three of them seem to be available at 13 and 16. Who knows what Hamish will do. Hopefully the final call on any trade rests with him.
If throw in a player as well.

Maybe a future pick.

Ken McGregor was no spud, a pretty decent player for #75 in the 98 draft, good overhead and a decent kick. 152 games from #75 means he played above his draft rating considerably. #75 Ben Davis has a way to go to emulate Kenny.

Honestly Bicks, some of these newer blokes have no idea about value. Jonathon Brown from the Lions said Ken was the hardest player he ever played on. Yet he was a spud according to some on this board. SMH.

Ian Perrie played 116 games for us taken @pick 49. 2000 Rising Star nomination. Knee injury PCL 2-3 years earlier and then a shoulder in 2007 saw his demise. Yeah a couple of real spuds.

Last edited:
Depend on how they rate Darcy Fort. but yea reckon they only go with 4 players in the draft.
Maybe rookie list for Fort or Keegan Brooksby, Brooksby's the one I like at cheap rates for back up, better all round footballer than Hunter..... and far more aggressive.

Can anyone remember the name of that Tassie lad that filled in as a ruckman for us in the SANFL, he performed alright and I got the impression he'd be a rookie chance for us this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back