Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it seems odd they arenā€™t training this week.Thereā€™s nothing the club could do about when training started as the playing agreement stipulates an earliest start time of December with 1-4 year players coming back 2 weeks before that

But the requirement is for 2 weeks off over Christmas and New Year. If they donā€™t train this week itā€™ll be a 3 week break after only returning to training 2 weeks ago. One of which they spent down south

Doesnā€™t sound ideal

Wonder if then heat wave affected plans?

Yeah, still 3 months to go. The club hardly provides anything on training either for a bit of a fix. A few years back they had Eagle TV at training sessions and there was always something to see. Now itā€™s crickets.
They will probably step up more with info after the Christmas break (hopefully). Not much has really happened yet. But there is definitely a void in my life.

History says we either back up for another crack at it next year or we go into the "wilderness" for a decade.

Weve got a good list but you would think our A graders would be the older guys.

Fingers crossed there is some fire in the belly.

If we won 2 out of the last 3 then I could live better with a fall off.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think itā€™s really good we are looking at the mental side. I think players in general are so much more capable in handling the physical demands, but not the mental side.

Itā€™s for mine a key pillar of our premiership in 2018. Our resilience to succeed even when the world seems to be crumbling away.

The old adage success breeds success is true, but I think a lot of that is due to the power of positivity. If you believe youā€™re going to win, you will more often than not.

I think itā€™s really good we are looking at the mental side. I think players in general are so much more capable in handling the physical demands, but not the mental side.

Itā€™s for mine a key pillar of our premiership in 2018. Our resilience to succeed even when the world seems to be crumbling away.

The old adage success breeds success is true, but I think a lot of that is due to the power of positivity. If you believe youā€™re going to win, you will more often than not.

This is what stopped us in 2015.

We had the gameplan, skills and all that but once it came to the GF we went into our shell.

History says we either back up for another crack at it next year or we go into the "wilderness" for a decade.

Weve got a good list but you would think our A graders would be the older guys.

Fingers crossed there is some fire in the belly.

If we won 2 out of the last 3 then I could live better with a fall off.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well, I'm not ready for another decade lost in the wilderness, even if we are 'thereabouts' or in finals.
After the disappointing slide-out last season, these are my fanboi dreams or unrealistic expectations -
The fire is back! Friends-Family-Flags!! FLAGS!!
We enter the fray once more with a revitalised crew and new tactics-more run, gun and blitzkrieg!
We snatch another GF, this time emphatically!
Darling has a huge day out, almost wins the GF singlehandedly!!!
We have TK, Shuey as El Capitan, and a rejigged midfield running wild!
We have Venables at his new improved best.
We have JK, NN at their preseason best, a good indicator for the season.
We have Duggan, Cole, Nelson to rise.
We have Oscar, Jake, Brander, Cameron, Petch, Watson to improve.
Gov and TB are on slow recovery, can cover, be good later.
Then there's all the others, wildcards, unknowns etc.
There's unfinished business for NN, Gaff and Sheppard.

Ok, tempering my fantasies, we improve on last season and actually make it to the GF!

Well, I'm not ready for another decade lost in the wilderness, even if we are 'thereabouts' or in finals.
After the disappointing slide-out last season, these are my fanboi dreams or unrealistic expectations -
We enter the fray once more with a revitalised crew and new tactics-more run, gun and blitzkrieg!

Ok, tempering my fantasies, we improve on last season and actually make it to the GF!

And if someone has to punch a Docker, can it be a fringe player who cops the suspension this time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are quick to point out Barrassā€™ 2019 And relate it to him commenting on how it was hard mentally to get back into game after reaching the pinnacle. Nick Riewoldt, (the very experienced 0 time flag winner) in particular was especially critical.

But as Simmo said in the presser last week -he was probably leading the bnf pre-injury, he was behind the 8 ball after that. So although this year wasnā€™t his best, it wasnā€™t like he tried to cruise. Realistically heā€™s a key defender just reaching his prime years. Players in that 22-25 age/50-100 game bracket will inevitably have ups and downs.

Heā€™s going to be just fine, although I would expect a much more scripted answer to most questions he gets asked in the media this pre-season.

I still hate Peter Burgoyne, spear-tackling campaigner.
* that campaigner. especialy what he did to kerr with that spear tackle only got three weeks for that.

his bother is the complete opposite. class

Gov, barrass, Schoey, Brander, OAllen, Edwards.

That seems plenty of cover for kpd to me. Obviously gov and barrass off limited preseasons, but at least one and hopefully both are raring to go round 1. Unless Willie goes to the inactive list I would prefer a small as our SSP player to a tall. (If Willie goes to inactive we can take one of each)

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

An inactive Willie is certainly a cause for concern.

Kelly to win the Brownlow and kick the winning goal against the Cats. After the siren. At Kardinia!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back