2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much love for The Bont, having a really good season. Would be leading our BnF.

Patrick Cripps, who would be the first or second picked is averaging 27.6 (16.6 contested, 2nd in the AFL) possessions and 8.1 clearances. Bontempelli is averaging 27.1 possessions (13 contested, 18th in the AFL) and 6.4 clearances. Cripp is number 1 in the AFL on centre clearances, Bontempelli is number 2. Bontempelli has also played an extra game and is much more damaging with each disposal. He is also currently 2nd in the whole AFL on metres gained, 3rd in the AFL in score involvements and 10th in inside 50's.

He is also spending much more time up forward than Cripps (less midfield time).

I think he would be on the bench or the HFF, if he isn't starting in one of the midfield spots.

Last edited:
Not much love for The Bont, having a really good season. Would be leading our BnF.

Patrick Cripps, who would be the first or second picked is averaging 27.6 (16.6 contested, 2nd in the AFL) possessions and 8.1 clearances. Bontempelli is averaging 27.1 possessions (13 contested, 18th in the AFL) and 6.4 clearances. Cripp is number 1 in the AFL on centre clearances, Bontempelli is number 2. Bontempelli has also played an extra game and is much more damaging with each disposal. He is also currently 2nd in the whole AFL on metres gained, 3rd in the AFL in score involvements and 10th in inside 50's.

He is also spending much more time up forward than Cripps (less midfield time).

I think he would be on the bench or the HFF, if he isn't starting in one of the midfield spots.

If I were picking a team to play next week, Bont would probably be my first picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My criteria:

- Minimum 10 out of 13 games played
- Try to stick to positions/roles players actually play
- Two ruckmen, three key backs, three key forwards
- A ruck, forward, midfielder and back on the bench

View attachment 698432

View attachment 698434

And to round out a top 50...

View attachment 698426
Wait a minute, I can live with just the one defender in the actual team but 2 teams + 2 reserve defenders is 14 spots minimum not including the benches. Still only one cat.

We’re conceding 66 points a game and should end round 15 as the only team under 1000 conceded. Keep the low scoring dogs to no more than 75 next week and we’ll be under 1000 after 15 matches.

B: Brad Sheppard - Mark Blicavs - Robbie Tarrant
HB: Tom Stewart - Harris Andrews - Shannon Hurn (C)
C: Tim Kelly - Ben Cunnington - Marcus Bontempelli
HF: Dayne Zorko - Jeremy Cameron - Patrick Dangerfield
F: Michael Walters - Tom Hawkins - Gary Ablett Jr
R: Brodie Grundy - Nathan Fyfe - Patrick Cripps (VC)
I: Max Gawn - Travis Boak - Lachie Neale - Luke Shuey

Rory Laird or hayden Crozier or Caleb Daniel instead of Sheppard

Diesel Williams-like tonight

He's been brilliant all year. His only down game was the previous one against GWS when they put de Boer on him to clamp down. Arguably de Boer kept him out of the game for most of it - although Ben did tag de Boer out of the next month or so of footy... ;)

Glad to see some love for Brad Sheppard in this thread.

Feel like he’d be worthy of a spot in the AA 22 this year, but he goes about his work so effortlessly he barely gets noticed.

That happens to a lot of small defenders. Every team has that ultra consistent always in the 18 small defender who does the job without fuss but barely gets a mention. Sheppard is probably the best of the bunch but it’s hapoened for ages. It took years for opposition supporters to realise Enright was good.

Pretty goood attempt

Id piss sprayngerfield off for someone who can kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back