2019 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

When's the draw out? Read later this month on Fox... exactly when?

Dom Fay casually said "next week" for the fixture on the club podcast and Nobes didn't correct him.

Numerous times in media Last few months Gill has referred to us as an example of a club turning itself around. He visited Gabba a couple of times late in season.

It's understood he was surprised at having to hop on a plane to reach it. "I just thought it was an outer suburban Melbourne team, like those two West Dogs/Coasts teams," he was heard to comment.

Hoping for a game against the Kangaroos at Boot Stadium instead of against the Hawks in Launnie. Either way, Lions get great support down here :thumbsu:
No please the Roos in Melbourne I've got some nice words I won't to yell out to Polec

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's understood he was surprised at having to hop on a plane to reach it. "I just thought it was an outer suburban Melbourne team, like those two West Dogs/Coasts teams," he was heard to comment.
Mind you he does take the company jet to Geelong, "the outer reaches of civilisation" as he puts it. Thst statement in itself shows he never goes there.

I've got a pretty simple wishlist. Whenever we play an away game against a Victorian team, actually play it in Victoria!! No Tassie games against Nòrf and the Hawks and no games in NT against Melbourne. Don't forget the old Fitzroy supporters when putting the 2019 fixture together Gil! (Yeah dream on, DR)

I've got a pretty simple wishlist. Whenever we play an away game against a Victorian team, actually play it in Victoria!! No Tassie games against Nòrf and the Hawks and no games in NT against Melbourne. Don't forget the old Fitzroy supporters when putting the 2019 fixture together Gil! (Yeah dream on, DR)

Well said mate.

The AFL won't want to play a round 1 game in Brissy in the day due to the heat/humidity. But I hope they do as its got to be 3/4 goal advantage to our boys.

Obviously we will get the Suns twice. Would hope for St Kilda as well. Carlton we may only get in Melbourne as we have played them in Brissy for quite a few years now. Wouldn't mind doubling up against Port and Fremantle - Freo should be due in Brisbane in 2019. No more games against Geelong down the highway and calling that a home game for Fitzroy supporters.

The AFL won't want to play a round 1 game in Brissy in the day due to the heat/humidity. But I hope they do as its got to be 3/4 goal advantage to our boys.

Obviously we will get the Suns twice. Would hope for St Kilda as well. Carlton we may only get in Melbourne as we have played them in Brissy for quite a few years now. Wouldn't mind doubling up against Port and Fremantle - Freo should be due in Brisbane in 2019. No more games against Geelong down the highway and calling that a home game for Fitzroy supporters.
To be fair though, it gets bloody hot in the summer months in SA, sometimes even more so that WA, so I don't think the heat is that great a factor in the first couple of rounds against sides that are used to it. Having lived and worked in both WA and QLD, you're right in saying the humidity is a factor, which I completely agree with, not so much the heat.

No way. The lions have a heap of supporters in Tassie. Keep the two games even if I have to drive to Lonny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back