Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not what the Saints list manager said.
He said Bruce had a year to run on his contract and was a required player
I agree.but things can change quickly. Cleary might be wrong but I think the biggest issue was WB offer of pick 32. Seems they are trying to work on something. Time will tell if they can resolve it.

Why is everyone so obsessed with Luke Jackson lately? I watched him through u18s and at Colts and he is a talented kid but the hype seems way OTT imo. I think he is probably the most speculative of all the prospective early picks and I think we've gambled on enough 'speculatives' with early firsts in the past decade. So maybe go with something a fair bit more conservative this time round?

Do Sydney have Academy players 2020they need to cater for. Wonder in they would consider pick exchange there pick 5 with our 2020 first plus a bit?

Why is everyone so obsessed with Luke Jackson lately? I watched him through u18s and at Colts and he is a talented kid but the hype seems way OTT imo. I think he is probably the most speculative of all the prospective early picks and I think we've gambled on enough 'speculatives' with early firsts in the past decade. So maybe go with something a fair bit more conservative this time round?

Because they think he’ll be the next Grundy, you look at the Premiers they won with two lumbering Rucks Nankervis and Soldo which is pretty much what Darcy is.

FYI

Keeping television partners happy ...
By Peter Ryan
Just so you know, clubs aren’t allowed to officially lodge a trade (and its paperwork) until 3pm on deadline day.
Normally, on every other day of trade period, clubs can trade between 9am-5pm.
This ensures there's late drama on television tonight, it seems.

Yeah I agree.

A lot of potential red flags, although there's no denying he has played well this year.

Not really what we need though, and there are plenty of WA kids who fill our needs e.g. Robertson, Sharp, Rivers, Taylor etc

3 year deal about to be announced for Blake Acres at Fremantle. Sauce = HP

Connor Blakely staying and not being traded.

Hackdorn mentioned Blakely? Any other details?

My tomato sauce said there were ongoing conversations in the leadership group and he'd been 'forgiven'. For what it's worth apparently the deed was never done, it was swapping of explicit online images that Ed discovered.

It's a big "NO" for me on the trade Darcy idea, He's not an athletic type jumping Ruckman but is already a monster that is almost unbeatable at the side by side boundary throw in's where strength matters. Watch his work around the contest too when the ball hits the ground, he's a beast. Needs to touch up his overhead marking and kicking for goals but he's young and when that improves he'll be invaluable.

On a different matter - I'm not sure if a few periphery player trades and the Brad Hill deal (that we all knew was coming) counts as Bell's big "surprise" this trade period. We have one day to go, any thoughts and left field ideas what this may be?

I'll kick off with Jack Martin for a swap between our 2020 first for GC Sun's 2020 second. We'll have 4 freakin 2020 seconds by the end of trade but given where GC will likely finish next year this deal might be ok.

Any other thoughts what this surprise might be?

I don't trust the Saints evaluation of him, they played a spud like Armitage over him. Zak Jones is overrated, Sinclair is overrated, Lonie is a cupcake.
He still played 19 games in 2019. Whenever I watched St Kilda and I watched a few of their games on my telstra iPhone bored on a Sun arvo he was playing out of position in the ruck. Bit like the old fashioned ruck rover. In space he looked good. He doesn’t have that elite initial burst speed like Steven Hill but when in space and on the run has pretty good speed and likes to drive the ball from HB to HF.

Aish is a talent. Have a read of his draft year. Two years in the SANFL league prior to being drafted as a skinny 16/17 year old. Had shoulder troubles since 2013. Injury has certainly held him back. We really need to prioritise our S&C this offseason once trade period is finished and before the pre-season starts in a few weeks.

Aish will release Blakely to play more inside and Acres from what I’ve seen is better on the outside - wing/HF.

I’ll judge the trading and drafting after ND in late November because it is too early to do so now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk of Bonar being traded - i would give our pick 22 for him.
Team mate of Cerra at Dandenong in his draft year....
Big bodied mid, previous knee issues before drafting.

Bell has said all along that fyfe needs help in the middle, is acres enough? Are we going backwards for the short term if we lose hill and langdon, gain acres and aish? Surely bell has something up his sleeve here?

Does anyone know what next years drafts like for talls? If Essendon get 5-9 could we trade next year first for pick 9? As bombers need talls we need WA talent

Bell has said all along that fyfe needs help in the middle, is acres enough? Are we going backwards for the short term if we lose hill and langdon, gain acres and aish? Surely bell has something up his sleeve here?

Everyone seems to e neglecting the development we are likely to see from Brayshaw & Cerra into permanent mids.

I'm
One thing that I do see with Acres stats is his low Time On Ground percentage for 2019 ... not one single game with 80%+ TOG.
It was much higher in 2018 when he had a much better season ... with most of his better games 80%+.
I don't understand that stat. Did he have a poor pre-season and struggle in 2019?
He played a different role in 2019, including playing 2bd ruck behind Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back