Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see Suns looking at our Pick 10 which we know will be Pick 11 by the time a Green bid comes in, potentially Pick 12 if a Henry bid also comes in. If we want to trade with them it'll have to be pick 7 that's included.

Giro with the knee issue is the prime candidate to be re-rookied to open up a spot. North should probably be just straight up delisted and if we're being brutal Crowden too.

No WC presence, bumper crop of WA kids, and we have the currency with 2020 picks. Plus the clock is ticking on Fyfe and Walters. We should be taking at least 4 and preferably 5 players in the top 30 (use 2020 1st and 2nd Rounders to get two more picks), and most of them from WA.

Going into this particular draft with just 3 live picks would be a monumental blunder. Signing/promoting Giro is mind boggling. We unfortunately need to delist North if he is out of contract. Rookie him if there is space. Also see if we are somehow able to delist and then rookie (on the same dollars as current contract) someone like Banfield, Crowden, Giro, Schultz, etc.
As of right now the side has a median age of 22. I'd say the likelihood of us drafting 5 teenagers is 0% no matter where they are from. We only took 3 main list draftees last year after trading in 3 players. To take 5 after bringing in 2 trades is second rebuild stuff, which would be at complete odds with out public position taken when firing the coach

I'd be surprised if we took more than 3 actual picks (all first round), irrespective of how many we carry in on the day. If we do take a 4th it'll be on a mature ager or a ruckman.

No WC presence, bumper crop of WA kids, and we have the currency with 2020 picks. Plus the clock is ticking on Fyfe and Walters. We should be taking at least 4 and preferably 5 players in the top 30 (use 2020 1st and 2nd Rounders to get two more picks), and most of them from WA.

Going into this particular draft with just 3 live picks would be a monumental blunder. Signing/promoting Giro is mind boggling. We unfortunately need to delist North if he is out of contract. Rookie him if there is space. Also see if we are somehow able to delist and then rookie (on the same dollars as current contract) someone like Banfield, Crowden, Giro, Schultz, etc.
My thoughts exactly Alfonz

Why not trade our future first with Gold Coast for 15 and 20?
How exciting to bring in 5 under 22 picks including 2 or 3 local boys

and if we're being brutal Crowden too.
If we're being brutal we cut Schultz imo. Crowden has at least shown positive signs in his games towards the end of the season, Schultz imo has showed two fifths of * all

Forgot about Schultz. Completely agree. Probably the first one I'd cut.
He deserves a second year based on the fact that he managed as many games as he did in his first year. Needs to be more agile, quicker and fitter. He will never be your traditional fwd pocket more high half forward who can get himself into dangerous spots in the fwd line. From memory suffered a very nasty ankle injury in the very last Peel game of the season.

If it was me I’d delist with a view to select as a rookie with our final rookie selection whatever that may be. But he is up against it to make it past his initial 2-years based on what I’ve seen from 2019 in AFL and WAFL.

I think people are still reading too much into mid season articles. To the best of my knowledge you can't permanently upgrade anyone mid season. You can only upgrade them 'permanently' as part of the national draft process. That process hasn't happened yet. I'm not sure how it works but I would be fairly confident we aren't limited by taking 3 picks into the draft.

So glad everyone agrees with me about delisting Crowden and Schultz. Neither deserve to be on AFL lists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would be happy if we maintain the deadwood/depth and delist only as we need specific spot(s). We already have a young squad and usually get hit hard by injuries. Better a 2y AFL experienced Crowden (as an example) with 3 pre-seasons under his belt who can fill in for a few inj. than another late pick highly speculative 18yo.

Crowden I don't mind, he might make it as a role player. Schultz is VFL and is bad enough to delist in contract, but they won't. I suspect Bewley won't make it either, but temperament might be his issue more than talent.

Also they way Banfield reacted like someone had handed him a rotting chicken carcass every time he got a touch inside 50 in the away Saints game didn't fill me with a great deal of confidence about where his career is going.

So we traded in 58, 69 and 79. If we only need 7, 10 and 22 why did we bother. We also have pick 83 and the AFL hands out as many pick as you need super late for upgrades.
The only reason you care about late picks is if they have currency for something. Either for trades or live picks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bewley has the tools, just needs more mongrel.

North - gorn
Schultz - schitz
Giro - how many midget South Australians do we want? Were the scouts just given basic information about a Lachie Neale replacement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back