2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I watched the 2nd half of the Wallabies game and it reminded me how superior union is to league. The tension when a team is so close to the line is much greater when they don't have an artificial limit of attempts before they have to give the ball back.

They just need to fix up those snoozefest scrums where the game stops for 10 minutes while they set, collapse, reset... set, collapse, reset... set, collapse, reset...

I watched the 2nd half of the Wallabies game and it reminded me how superior union is to league. The tension when a team is so close to the line is much greater when they don't have an artificial limit of attempts before they have to give the ball back.

They just need to fix up those snoozefest scrums where the game stops for 10 minutes while they set, collapse, reset... set, collapse, reset... set, collapse, reset...
At least in Union they are proper scrums. League scrums are a joke and need to be fixed.

The Wallabies are bad, very bad in fact. So many stupid mistakes make it impossible to win.

We had a chance to get within a point with a converted try. 5m out from their line. Silly pass. England take possession. Run down the other end and the lead is out to 15.

We controlled the ball okay for chunks, but then - as you say - stupid mistakes make it impossible. Even going for the scrum instead of a penalty after the previous scrum collapsed ~4 times. Should have gone the points - there was still time (just). Just dumb rugby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done England on defeating NZ in the Rugby World cup. 19-7 is a comprehensive win and England had two tries disallowed just to add insult to injury.

Saints v North opening the season. Beyond a joke, Saints clearly the AFL's love child in 2020. Watch them get prime time games that they clearly don't deserve. They land Brad Hill and a couple of average players and now we're supposed to care? Get f**ked!!!

Saints v North opening the season. Beyond a joke, Saints clearly the AFL's love child in 2020. Watch them get prime time games that they clearly don't deserve. They land Brad Hill and a couple of average players and now we're supposed to care? Get f**ked!!!
Where did you hear this?
Can’t imagine the traditional Carlton slaughter by Richmond will go away.

Where did you hear this?
Can’t imagine the traditional Carlton slaughter by Richmond will go away.
I think I may have misread the article, bit embarrassing, but I am quite sleep deprived this week lol.

Would of been a total shock if Carlton v Richmond didn't eventuate. Only fixture leaks I've seen posted so far is Saints v North Round 1 and Brisbane v North Round 2. Should be more leaks next week. My complete guess is we're either playing Geelong or Sydney away first round.

I had barely watched the sport for years until tonight's SF but they need to shitcan the review system for the game. Just doesn't suit the game the way it kills momentum as a spectator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back